Thread: I'm just wondering something..

I'm just wondering something..

I dunno what there is that would stop this.

Why doesn't the grassroots do a money bomb for themselves? Setup a very very trusted group to co-ordinate a lot of the big grassroots advertising efforts and send out info to RP supporters to donate say...$15 each. On a specific site which organizes all the different legitimate groups such as the blimp, Jeremy's brilliant advertisements..etc. Sort out and arrange the most crucial by importance, date, vote..whatever. Send out the emails and facebooks and meetups as normal, but indicate it is separate from the campaign and goes directly into the grassroots media assault (which many claim is better and farthur reaching than the campaigns)

Distribute that money for all to see? An on profit advertising group (like the blimp) but directed from one source.

The money donated is allowed over the regular campaign donations, and $15 is like a trip to McDonalds which is easier to swallow.

Personally I like the blimp. But I see Jeremy's advertisement as much more important because it hits people in their homes and gives them the name AND information, not just name recognition. The blimp is an eye catcher, but is very limited in it's range of view. Excellent tv advertisments, and very well organized newspaper and magazine ads such as the Hunting, Canabis, ArabAmerican, could get off the ground much much quicker. 10,000 people hearing about and donating $15 to a fund for causes they KNOW will make a difference, is better than a couple thousand hearing the the many different messages at random times for random causes.

Anyway just my opinion. As someone said earlier. The media is now is their attack mode. We no longer have to fight for name recognition, we now have to change our tactics to get the right messages out. Become even more organized and solidified, and show the MSM that grassroots isn't a rag tag bunch of people disparately trying to get attention.
    Last edited by RPsupporterAtHeart; 12-20-2007 at 11:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree. I would totally donate to something like that. And I would try to come up with more than 15 dollars for it.
    "I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man or ask another man to live for mine." - The Objectivist Oath, given by John Galt in Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.

interesting idea .... I would support that,

you would definitely need to define (beforehand) percentage wise what grassroot projects would be receiving the money, and a third party to somehow distribute it ...

I would donate. Give it to video/ad people for air-time.

Central planning of where our money goes and how it is distributed? I thought we weren't big fans of that?

Lets see, give a small group of people control over a large amount of money.. hmmm.. Yeah I think that would work out perfectly
    THE CREED OF FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Central planning of where our money goes and how it is distributed? I thought we weren't big fans of that?
    That may be the case, i was just wondering about it.

The grassroots has been amazing, and I can see reasons why central planning might not be supported.

As I see it right now, the individual grassroots efforts have made incredible pushes to gain interest and recognition, massive amounts of dollars for Ron to fight the MSM, and enable some completely unique things like the Blimp.

Centralizing it makes it more like a campaign with peoples money going to larger efforts and less what they individually choose. That is a big downside.

The upside that as I see it is organization at the critical time of the campaign. Things like the Blimp and some of those AMAZING tv ads may come to a halt as soon as tomorrow because of lack in funding and competing chipins all over the place. There are a lot of things contributing to that (tea party, christmas), so it may not be possible right away. But after christmas when a lot of people get money and the hassle is over, as well for those maxed at the campaign level and want to donate more, this would be a way to focus efforts on getting the very best and most powerful tools at work.

The grassroots really is it's own campaign reaching out to the public on a personal level. Combined with the actual campaign which has adequate funding it is a two pronged assault. The grassroots has the out of the box thinking and technical knowhow to battle the MSM on it's own territory and win. But it needs to be harnessed in some way.

Money bombs for the campaign reach a lot more people than chipins. Can you imagine 10,000, 15,000, 20,000 or more people each donating $10-$25+ for grassroots created television, newspaper and magazine ads? Input from people in all states as to what voters care more about in that area so that the ads can be adjusted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well only if you can setup a direct deposit and just call it a ... TAX.

Sorry to be to dramatic, but you can see where this goes.

Who then get to determine where the money goes?

Do only the people that donate get to choose? How do you control that....

You can see where it goes from there.

Currently it is free market, if people want to donate $15 or more they can on any of the chipins and such. I suppose there are always exceptions to the rule but there would have to be a lot of support.

Me and a few other people suggested this a few days ago. We need a money bomb for ourselves. If we did half of the amount of Nov. 5th we would be one of the most powerful voices in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Elliott View Post
    Me and a few other people suggested this a few days ago. We need a money bomb for ourselves. If we did half of the amount of Nov. 5th we would be one of the most powerful voices in America.

Yes, but would that be a good thing? Sometimes there are messages on this forum I wouldn't want to see get too powerful. I trust my money more in the hands of the campaign than on an entire forum. Everyone is able to donate to the causes THEY feel are most important.

Surely there is a better way of raising awareness... although I will confess I don't have any great ideas.

That's why donating to a grassroots campaign that you trust is the perfect solution. If you agree with the blimp, donate to the blimp. If you agree with Live Free or Die, donate there. There's quite a few projects out there waiting to be funded.

And if you don't want to. Then don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulJunkie View Post
    Well only if you can setup a direct deposit and just call it a ... TAX.

Sorry to be to dramatic, but you can see where this goes.

Who then get to determine where the money goes?

Do only the people that donate get to choose? How do you control that....

You can see where it goes from there.

Currently it is free market, if people want to donate $15 or more they can on any of the chipins and such. I suppose there are always exceptions to the rule but there would have to be a lot of support.
    I absolutely see where it goes. I understand all of the thinking behind that and why some or a lot of people wouldn't back it.

Perhaps the problem I see is that when the MSM really gets going and attacking Ron Paul he will stand alone in the media. He has very few media supports backing him and curbing attacks.

And perhaps a centralized money deposit is not the answer. I think what is really needed is more "connection" between all of the grassroots. A central place for people to gather information on EVERYTHING instead of just seeing posts here or there for chipins.

What about this for an idea?.

A grassroots money bomb bakesale. All chipins (verified and legitimate) would place adds and information on a designated site that people would go to on the specific day, choose what they preferred and donate to the cause they support. It centralizes all information to one place and gives the mass attention a regular money bomb gives. At the same time, there could be a generic chipin with the idea stated before, that people could donate if they chose to a generic pool that would be automatically distributed based on priority (end dates, most widespread)

Let's Save the Blimp!!!

Great Ideas must be harnessed and given to the people.

I am in get this going guys We have less than 24 hours.

I think this sort of is the answer to this question

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I really dont think it would be wise to let a small group controll and divide large amounts of raised funds. Its asking for friction and conflicts imo.
    THE CREED OF FREEDOM

I don't want this to get lost in here..

A CHANGE IN IDEA

A grassroots money bomb bakesale.

All chipins (verified and legitimate) would place adds and information on a designated site neatly arranged that people would go to on the specific day, choose what they preferred and donate to the cause they support. It centralizes all information to one place and gives the mass attention a regular money bomb gives. At the same time, there could be a generic chipin with the idea stated before, that people could donate if they chose to a generic pool that would be automatically distributed based on priority (end dates, most widespread)
    Edit/Delete Message

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delain View Post
    I think this sort of is the answer to this question

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/chipin.html

I really dont think it would be wise to let a small group controll and divide large amounts of raised funds. Its asking for friction and conflicts imo.
    WOW I had no idea that even existed. That is EXACTLY what i just mentioned. Why is that not advertised widespread to the entire community like the money bombs?

That information could be placed on a teaparty style website, advertised as a grassroots bomb for our own voices and a complete running total could be kept for the day.

In my opinion the campaign should be distributing the money we have donated to those projects.

How about this...

Quote Originally Posted by RPsupporterAtHeart View Post
    All chipins (verified and legitimate) would place adds and information on a designated site neatly arranged that people would go to on the specific day, choose what they preferred and donate to the cause they support. It centralizes all information to one place and gives the mass attention a regular money bomb gives. At the same time, there could be a generic chipin with the idea stated before, that people could donate if they chose to a generic pool that would be automatically distributed based on priority (end dates, most widespread)
    This is definitely the way to do it. A grassroots money bomb SHOULD NOT centralize donations. Rather, it should allow all chip-ins to be on a page (like Ron Paul graphs') but WITH giant counter that tracks all of the NEW donations for that day. I think the page could be 're-themed' like:

The Grassroots rising
    or
    Every Person for Paul
    or
    Many Hands Make Paul President

Something like that. But anyway, we should pick a date, get the site together, and aim for a HUGE pile of cash. The chip-ins would have to know about this in advance so they could set appropriate targets. They could continue to be specific and accountable, so all should be well. I think we could easily raise 200k-1000k in a day. It'd be very neat and a nice addition to the campaign-directed fundraisers
    -"Ron Paul has no alarm clock, but instead wakes every morning to the call of freedom" -RonPaulFacts.com

The Grassroots Minibomb, Dec. 25.

A Christmas gift from us to the volunteers. No need for a website, just give a little to operationnh or other this Christmas.

I pledge to give any cash or gift certificate equivalents to a grassroots campaign on the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Revolt View Post
    In my opinion the campaign should be distributing the money we have donated to those projects.
    Can they keep the blimp in the air and donate to that? That would be cool.
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

The money would need to be held somewhere, with the distribution of its monies decided by consensus, and consensus alone, not by a small hierarchy of individuals.

An idea whose time has come. Well worth further discussion.