Thread: Ron Paul vs. Do Not Call Registry

Ron Paul vs. Do Not Call Registry

Someone at another forum posted THIS link, pointing out that RP voted against the Do Not Call Registry in 2003, and it has people mad at RP for that. I'm assuming RP had a good reason for voting against it. Anyone have a clue why?
    ►►►Come join us at A Fabulously Fun FRIENDLY Christian Forum◄◄◄

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Well Im not sure of THAT specific bill but the do not call list was part of the Patriot Bill.

Theyve probably had a few variations.. one with the fed govt, then one with the fcc taking part in intrastate calls.. etc..

Hey its all about keeping us safe. hahaha

I'm not sure, but maybe it has to do with the relationship between the people and their phones? Does anyone know if our phone numbers are considered leased or something in such a way that a national do not call registry mandates how phone companies use their private property? If it's something like that, then I can see his reasoning for supporting it. If it's not something like that, then I honestly don't know.

I DO know I signed up on that registry and will remain a permanent member for as long as it is around!
    Something cool that I stumbled upon: The Ron Paul Repository
    http://egocentral.invisionzone.com/i...howtopic=15324

He likely voted against it because it goes against free market theories?

I love it when I get unsolicited sales people trying to sell timeshares or whatnot.

Try this, next time, start spouting of random words or movie quotes or a combination of the two.

Phone Sales Tool: Hi im (insert tools name) and I would like to....

Me: PINEAPPLE!!!

PST: Um yeah I am calling beca....

Me: I LOVE LAMP!!!

PST: Sir? I represent the ....

Me: PITCHING WEDGES!!!!!

PST : EFF YOU (click)

I feel bad for them, but not much.
    There are those, I know, who will say that the liberation of humanity, the freedom of man and mind, is nothing but a dream. They are right. It is the American dream. ~Archibald MacLeish

It's a commercial regulation that is not limited in scope to apply to commerce among the several states. Therefore it's unconstitutional. If it's a good idea, the states could implement it.
    Why don't we just open up the Constitution, and read it?

Asst. Organizer, Tulsa OK Meetup #32
    Precinct Chair, Tulsa County Precinct #97

http://www.ronpaultulsa.com/
    http://www.ronpaulok.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cinci4RP View Post
    He likely voted against it because it goes against free market theories?

I love it when I get unsolicited sales people trying to sell timeshares or whatnot.

Try this, next time, start spouting of random words or movie quotes or a combination of the two.
    Ask if they're in the US, and start telling them about your favorite presidential candidate. Would they be doing better if they didn't have to pay federal income taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by runderwo View Post
    It's a commercial regulation that is not limited in scope to apply to commerce among the several states. Therefore it's unconstitutional. If it's a good idea, the states could implement it.
    But what if companies call you from outside your state, would my state still have jurisdiction?

(yes I realize this thread is 5 years old)