Thread: Essential Reading - Ron Paul on the Issues

Essential Reading - Ron Paul on the Issues

Here's a short, essential reading list of Ron Paul speeches. Plelase read them because they are brilliant. Gives great ammunition against Congressman Paul's detractors. If we are to effectively convince people that Ron Paul is THE CANDIDATE, then we must know where Congressman Paul stands on the issues in more than a generalized campaign stance. We need to get to know him and I think the best way to do it is through his writings, speeches, and votes.

A Republic if You Can Keep It.

Foreign Interventionism

Keep Your Eye on the Target

The Case for Defending America

more can be found at his congressional website
    Last edited by billv; 05-20-2007 at 12:16 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Here is my list (taken from an old thread):

Neo-CONNED!
    http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...3/cr071003.htm

Paper Money and Tyranny
    http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/co...3/cr090503.htm

Political Power and the Rule of Law
    http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2007/tst020507.htm

This last one I liked as being a good example of how Ron exposes the twisted nature of a bill, here being the "UN Reform Act of 2005":
    NeoCon Global Government
    http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2005/tst061305.htm

Ron Paul On the Issues

I see a whole lot of , whats his stance on this and that, then alot of guesses in the replies

here is a good resource for where RP stands on things, directly from the man himself.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html
    ==============================
    Freespeechwisconsin.com

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
    here is a good resource for where RP stands on things, directly from the man himself.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html
    Thanks for posting this. I also recommend the new "Ron Paul Library" web site as it is grouped by topic:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

--- Merging this with the other ""Ron Paul on the Issues" thread...

Article I, Section 8 - oath to uphold the Constitution

As a Congressman, Dr. Paul has taken an oath to uphold the Constitution.

Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution enumerates the powers given to Congress. Dr. Paul always votes against any bill or amendment not specifically authorized by the Constitution.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec8

When discussing what Dr. Paul's position is and arguing for a side (whether universal health care, or whatever), please bear in mind that Dr. Paul and his long-time supporters take that oath seriously.

Ron Paul is a true patriot in every sense of the word.

RE: Article I, Section 8

Article I, Section 8 additionally provides (in paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen) the only Constitutionally lawful remedy (according to Article VI along with Article IV Section IV) for resolving the ongoing invasion of our borders.

And since Article IV, Section IV of that Constitution PROMISES in its' very first sentence that the UNION will GUARANTEE the States security against invasion (which is ongoing) I cannot for the life of me understand why we continue to allow our so called "representatives" in the Senate to continue to engage in the ongoing Amnesty Conspiracy Immigration Plot.

Our so called Senators continue to lie to the public collectively by constantly re-enforcing the group-think, that the United States (i.e., the Union of States referred to in the promise) "cannot simply round up 12 Million Illegal Aliens, and deport them."

Reading Article 1, Section VIII, paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen it is a wonder why not a single person involved in the "negotiation/plot" being perpetrated on us has ever even bothered to mention the words in those two paragraphs as they relate to the invasion of our borders if they truly intended to "secure" our borders.

Since the National Guard is NOT now, nor never was the "Militia" referred to in paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen of Section VIII (since the Guard was not formed for 90 years following ratification) the disregard these Senators display for the words of Article I, Section 8 and Article IV, Section IV are increasingly threatening the soveriegnty and security of our Nation.

If my memory is correct, the Minuteman Project reported having several MILLION volunteers organized to offer their service freely and openly. All Congress needed to do, or needs to do now, is read Article I, Section VII, paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen, along with Article IV, Section IV, and follow through with the ONLY LAWFUL remedy that the Supreme Law of the Land allows.

The need to fulfill their duty and obligation to the oath of office they swore, to "preserve, protect, and defend" those Articles. (They didn't swear to "uphold the law" as many of them misleadingly state. They swore to "preserve, protect, and defend" the Articles and Bill of Rights. They have failed one hundred percent, in doing so.)

To those who may say the ongoing invasion referred to by those same Senators is not an "armed" invasion, it is important to understand that the Founders did NOT specify an invasion had to be an "armed" invasion. They stated "invasion." Period. And that is what we have ongoing.

They set forth the method of enforcing the laws of the Union, and they specifically made certain to clarify that the Militia was the method of doing it. Period. Utilizing the Military (i.e., National Guard) was NOT the way to enforce civil laws, and thay made that quite clear. Only those ignorant of fact, disagree on that issue.

By our Senators stating there is "nothing" we can do to repel this invasion, while at the same time claiming the Union can and MUST repel the invasion of the borders in Iraq by "insurgents" from outside Iraq's borders in nothing short of LUNACY. In additiona, it encourages and "emboldens" the law breakers who are invading our Nation.

We are fools to continue to re-elect our current crop of Senators. We need 100 Ron Pauls in the U.S. Senate, and at least 434 more of him in the House. And obviously, we need one Ron Paul in the Executive office.

Because the moment the President of the United States, the Senate and House proclaimed in unison that the United States intended to enforce the laws of the Union pursuant to Article I, Section VIII, clause fifteen and Sixteen, in order to fulfill the only true obligation of the Union to the several States, about 75 percent of the Illegal Aliens in the Country would scoot out pretty damn quick once they understood what it said. And surely the several Million volunteers for enforcing the Laws of the Union per Article I, section I, paragraph fifteen and sixteen could handle law enforcement according to the Supreme Law of the Land.

It is high time our so called Representatives begin to fulfill their duty under their oath of office to the Constitution, rather than some unconstitutional "North American Partnership" Agreement/Treaty which effects the exact opposite of what our Union is all about.
    "...Article I, Section VIII, Paragraphs Fifteen and Sixteen of the United States Constitution is the only lawful method in which to resolve the unlawful invasion our our Nation by over 12 Million Illegal Aliens. And Article IV, Section IV of that document promises it SHALL be done."
    Me
    July 13, 2007

Ira,

You are absolutely correct. If we simply take the time to revisit our Declaration of Independence http://www.duke.edu/eng169s2/group1/lex3/finalpl.htm
    We will find ourselves in the exact same situation as the one described herein this document. The parallels between the King and todays corporate kings, are so similiar as to be one and the same situation. Our founding fathers were well aware of the cycles of governments following fairly predictable patterns of corruption, over time.

Our so called 'government' has morphed, over time, into everything it once professed to be against. A 'threat from within' is a threat from within. I wonder which part of this is so very challenging to the average member of Congress.

Bless you, Dr No, the only one who truly gets it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I highly recommend What Does Freedom Really Mean? to everyone, whether you already support Ron Paul or not. Please show this to as many people as you can.

Just read "A Republic if you can keep it"

[QUOTE=billv;4047]Here's a short, essential reading list of Ron Paul speeches. Please read them because they are brilliant. [QUOTE]

Wow! That was a great read. Much of this document expresses views I have been coming around to on my own. I grew up in a very left-leaning household, so my personal journey of transformation has been years in the making. And, if truth be told, I still feel rumblings of uncertainty about certain aspects of the libertarian view: who will take care of the environment? who will watch out for the poor? etc.

I know, I know...these thoughts come from three-plus generations of entitlement thinking, but it is not easy to throw off the shackles when they have been there for one's entire life.

For liberty to endure it must be protected, and this means both social and financial liberty. This also means that we must shed our dependence on so-called "safety nets" which, all good intensions aside, have been desasterous for the cause of liberty.

Most importantly, we MUST fight to restore our Constitutional rights!!!!

Thomas Jeffersons 1801 State of the Union address.
    Sounds just like Ron Paul in 2007.

http://www.presidentialrhetoric.com/...nion.1801.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I also recommend the new "Ron Paul Library" web site as it is grouped by topic:

Excellent information here.

Also thanks to peppy690 for this: http://www.votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=296

Not always agreeing with RP is certainly a liberty he would support. However on a RP website we all (especially for the sake of the new people) should be able to tell the difference between one's personal views and the views of RP. Otherwise, it destroys the chances of RP and others we want to promote.
    Last edited by therepublic; 02-25-2010 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by therepublic View Post
    Not always agreeing with RP is certainly a liberty he would support. However on a RP website we all (especially for the sake of the new people) should be able to tell the difference between one's personal views and the views of RP. Otherwise, it destroys the chances of RP and others we want to promote.
    I agree.

There seem to be a number of RP supporters on this forum who wish to debate anything but his almost identical Republican party position on continuing entitlements for seniors at the present level (or any other recipient for that matter with 40 some odd percent of the people in this country receiving a check every month from somebody). When candidates refuse to give the necessary details needed to debate mammoth fiscal issues (ie: even the 'age' of said seniors we all supposedly must now keep our 'promise' to support at some unkown level assumed to be the same) it is very difficult for a forum to keep any debate straight for the benefit of those who supposedly 'know' these positions by heart down to the curious as well.

Disagreeing with RP may be a liberty he would respect...yet running away from certain issues or refusing to seek out the details needed to properly debate them on this forum is the greater danger when promoting RP to newer members (believe it or not, long time Republican kool-aid drinkers recognize the same exact long proposed plan for entitlements when they see it...save an actual 'age' where the party effectively stops).
    Last edited by SharedSacrifice; 10-28-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: wording

Another document to read would be the Annual Financial Report of the Federal Reserve. This is the audit Ron Paul has been calling for. The Fed has been audited since 1914.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjxU8bqXHn8
    American by birth, Montanan by choice

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The link just gets me a list of ads.

I'm getting this message for the links in the OP:

Not Found

The requested URL /congrec/congrec2002/cr012402.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is it just me?
    "Every generation deserves to live free." ~Ron Paul
    "It's hard to be free, but when it works it sure is worth it." ~Janis Joplin

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Damned spammers. Stop posting crap that has no content, other than advertising!

This is the information I usually try to pass on. It's thorough at least.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_Paul.htm

Quote Originally Posted by billv View Post
    Here's a short, essential reading list of Ron Paul speeches. Plelase read them because they are brilliant. Gives great ammunition against Congressman Paul's detractors. If we are to effectively convince people that Ron Paul is THE CANDIDATE, then we must know where Congressman Paul stands on the issues in more than a generalized campaign stance. We need to get to know him and I think the best way to do it is through his writings, speeches, and votes.

A Republic if You Can Keep It.

Foreign Interventionism

Keep Your Eye on the Target

The Case for Defending America

more can be found at his congressional website
    Every one of these links appear to be "broken". Bad timing for me....in the middle of a debate with a person who aruges that Paul's stance on foreign policies are "extreme".
    "A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear
    arms is itself unworthy of trust."
    -- James Madison
    (1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
    Source: Federalist Papers

Here's a working link for the one. The others are probably available also. I am at work and don't have time to find the rest.

A Republic, If You Can Keep It
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

"Every member of the State ought diligently to read and to study the constitution of his country ... by knowing their rights, they will sooner perceive when they are violated and be the better prepared to defend and assert them."
    ~Chief-Justice John Jay, 1777

U.S. Constitution