Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife Sleeps Near Husband's Casket Before Burial [pic]

Quote Originally Posted by Justinjj1 View Post
    What really chokes me up are the pictures of killed and wounded innocent Iraqi children of which this guy in the casket was either a direct or indirect accomplice.

What really annoys me are commments like this /\ Do you really think GIs enjoy killing other people, and maybe non combatants most of all?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    What really annoys me are commments like this /\ Do you really think GIs enjoy killing other people, and maybe non combatants most of all?
    Yes. No one I personally know wanted to have to go and kill someone.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Do you really think GIs enjoy killing other people, and maybe non combatants most of all
    I have met friends of friends who have signed up for marines, army, etc for that very reason... video games $#@! people up

Enjoying it has nothing to do with it. (Although I know several of them actually do enjoy it). The guy voluntarily joined an organization whose sole purpose now is to spread empire at the barrel of a gun. He went overseas and willingly participated in a war that slaughtered over a hundred thousand innocent people. And please don't tell me that he was "just doing his job". That excuse didn't work at Nuremberg and it shouldn't work here. The blame for this illegal war shouldn't just rest with George W. Bush and the "neo-cons", it should rest with all of the service members who pulled the triggers, dropped the bombs, or gave support to those who did. Im sure that I will get flamed or perhaps banned for this, but the whole "support the troops even if you don't support the war" thing is bull$#@!. Without the troops, there would be no war.

The link in the original post is pure propaganda.

"It means so much to them to be recognized and appreciated for everything they do, and hopefully your freedom means at least that much to you."

The ONLY time American troops have protected our freedom was the American Revolution.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    a great one as AF points out people should watch again

YouTube - Ron Paul Our Power Our Responsibility
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Enjoying it has nothing to do with it. (Although I know several of them actually do enjoy it). The guy voluntarily joined an organization whose sole purpose now is to spread empire at the barrel of a gun. He went overseas and willingly participated in a war that slaughtered over a hundred thousand innocent people. And please don't tell me that he was "just doing his job". That excuse didn't work at Nuremberg and it shouldn't work here. The blame for this illegal war shouldn't just rest with George W. Bush and the "neo-cons", it should rest with all of the service members who pulled the triggers, dropped the bombs, or gave support to those who did. Im sure that I will get flamed or perhaps banned for this, but the whole "support the troops even if you don't support the war" thing is bull$#@!. Without the troops, there would be no war.

The link in the original post is pure propaganda.

"It means so much to them to be recognized and appreciated for everything they do, and hopefully your freedom means at least that much to you."

The ONLY time American troops have protected our freedom was the American Revolution.
    Were articles like this a few years ago bull$#@! as well?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5223477.html

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/0...onors_050408w/
    Last edited by bkreigh; 02-13-2010 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve005 View Post
    I have met friends of friends who have signed up for marines, army, etc for that very reason... video games $#@! people up
    bs; someone who does this is "$#@!ed up"; blaming video games is a joke. it may have contributed but they are still $#@!ed up. I play tons of violent video games and i'd never harm a fly so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    It's time to bring our "boys" and "gals" home.
    State of the Union 2015: Barack Obama urges Congress to approve new use of military force

By Philip Ewing and Jeremy Herb

1/20/15 11:41 PM EST
    President Barack Obama on Tuesday renewed his call for Congress to approve a new authorization for the use of military force in the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant — but gave no new sense about when he hoped Congress would act or whether he would send up his own detailed proposal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/state-of-the-union-2015-barack-obama-isil-114429.html

Pentagon to deploy 400 troops to train Syrian rebels
    Reuters-Jan 15, 2015
    The training program is a part of U.S. President Barack Obama's plan to field local forces in Syria ...

If you ever have the opportunity to thank a US Servicemember, please take a moment to do so. It only takes about 10 seconds to stop and thank someone in uniform for their service to our country. It means so much to them to be recognized and appreciated for everything they do, and hopefully your freedom means at least that much to you. These men and women make uncountable sacrifices every day of their lives, and unfortunately, some of them give all so that we may continue to know and enjoy our freedom here at home. These are the lives that our freedoms are built upon. Please don't take that for granted.
    Thank you US service members for making so many sacrifices at home and abroad! If only the Iraqis and the Afghanis knew the kind of sacrifices our service members make, they wouldnt hate us so much.

Thanks!!!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They enjoy it probably as much as the IRS enjoys collecting taxes, or the DEA enjoys locking people up.

I'm not sure how 'enjoy' factors into the equation of what their actions mean or dont mean.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

What really chokes me up are the pictures of killed and wounded innocent Iraqi children of which this guy in the casket was either a direct or indirect accomplice.
    Granted this is almost five years old and the member who originally posted this has been banned, but comments like this just alienate the mainstream from supporting the movement. There is no reason to post antagonistic posts like the one quoted above.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    Granted this is almost five years old and the member who originally posted this has been banned, but comments like this just alienate the mainstream from supporting the movement. There is no reason to post antagonistic posts like the one quoted above.
    Yes, I agree. This thread should be about the sacrifices of war and the great toll it takes, not pictures of some wounded/killed children in Iraq.

Support our troops!
    - Kim Kardashian

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123