Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: ABC News changed headline title from "Ron Paul" to "'longshot"'

  1. #1

    ABC News changed headline title from "Ron Paul" to "'longshot"'

    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/

    It used to read:

    "Ron Paul beats McCain in Campaign Cash"

    Now it is:

    "'Longshot' beats McCain in Campaign Cash"



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by foraneagle2 View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/

    It used to read:

    "Ron Paul beats McCain in Campaign Cash"

    Now it is:

    "'Longshot' beats McCain in Campaign Cash"

    It used to read Obscure Congressman beats McCain in Campaign Cash. He has gone from being obscure to a long shot.
    http://www.myspace.com/joe_knows

  4. #3
    Whoopie.

    Petty semantic squabbles like this distract energy from real libel and hackery.

  5. #4

  6. #5
    At least we know they're concerned about his image. Makes me feel proud.

    Who wants to bitch slap some ABC mothafuckas?

  7. #6

  8. #7
    I guess they're technically right, he isn't exactly an 'obscure congressman', he's well known to anyone who follows congress.

    But taking his name out of the title = laaaaaaame

  9. #8



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    It really doesn't matter that much boys and girls. RP has an ever-growing army of dedicated followers. Pretty soon it will be impossible to travel a block in any city without seeing a Ron Paul sign somewhere.

    Do not be alarmed by this.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

  12. #10
    They're getting really threatened by him now
    We are the Remnant

  13. #11
    it really doesn't matter, the only way they can now stop RP is to blatantly lie, which would mean they run the risk of being exposed on the lie and being discredited on a national scale or violent means.
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicity." - Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address

  14. #12
    I don't know that this is a bad thing. People tend to love the underdogs and will be curious about a "longshot" beating a "name". Jus my 2 cents

  15. #13
    The worse part is their taking his name out of the headline.

  16. #14
    ...exactly.. they took his name out because they do NOT want his name recognition going up... a blatant buried story..... they try not to lend legitimacy by including his name....

    sorta obvious that things are at play here. GOOD! Just makes us MORE PASSIONATE and MORE DETERMINED TO GET HIM OUT THERE......

    I think in this case... the media, the big businesses'... are ARE AWAKING THE SLEEPING GIANT!

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I don't know that this is a bad thing. People tend to love the underdogs and will be curious about a "longshot" beating a "name". Jus my 2 cents
    they don't seem to ever love the underdogs in elections though
    We are the Remnant

  18. #16
    Edited because I didn't read ahead before I posted. I think people do love an underdog story, even in elections.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    I think it is fine either way... "Long shot" "obscure" will probably get more clicks as people will want to find out who the long shot or underdog is...

    Putting his name up there is nice and all, but people might skim over it if they think they know all they need to know by the title... (And his picture is up there all nice and pretty)

    Just be glad the article is up there near the top... AND they are showing the Stephanopoulos interview tomorrow on ABC TV (MSM)

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Edited because I didn't read ahead before I posted. I think people do love an underdog story, even in elections.
    maybe but they always lose.
    We are the Remnant

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I think it is fine either way... "Long shot" "obscure" will probably get more clicks as people will want to find out who the long shot or underdog is...

    Putting his name up there is nice and all, but people might skim over it if they think they know all they need to know by the title... (And his picture is up there all nice and pretty)
    Yeah, I can see that point. But whatever the case, it appears that MSM believes "everybody loves a winner" as they are painting the people they want to win as such and RP as insignificant.
    We are the Remnant

  23. #20
    don't worry, when people stop tuning into these tv shows because they dont cover what people want to see, you'll see internet tv take over cable. on demand tv will destroy broadcast tv fast if they dont step up. look at terrestrial radio vs. cds and downloaded music content.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBfree View Post
    maybe but they always lose.
    What about the 1980 Olympic Hockey Team? The Miracle on Ice?

    I remember when they won and it was amazing!

    When Ron wins this its going to be similar.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_on_Ice


    Wouldn’t be something if we could contact these guys and see if we could get a team endorsement?

    1980 Miracle on Ice Olympic Hockey Team endorses Ron Paul for President.

    If that wouldn’t get press attention, nothing would.
    Last edited by Dary; 07-07-2007 at 05:22 PM.

  25. #22
    So, whats next? we have obscure congressman ---> longshot ---> shortshot?

  26. #23
    I think that you all are missing something crucial in the title:

    'Longshot' Beats McCain in Campaign Cash

    Putting Longshot in quotes is the key. It is meant to indicate the irony of him being called a 'longshot.' If they hadn't put it in quotes, then it would mean the editors actually believed he was a longshot. They don't seem to because of the quotes.
    We will win this...

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
    I think that you all are missing something crucial in the title:

    'Longshot' Beats McCain in Campaign Cash

    Putting Longshot in quotes is the key. It is meant to indicate the irony of him being called a 'longshot.' If they hadn't put it in quotes, then it would mean the editors actually believed he was a longshot. They don't seem to because of the quotes.
    Sorry, we're a pessimistic crowd when it comes to the MSM, we really aren't used to them saying nice things about us or Ron Paul, so when they do, we tend to miss it. Thank you for pointing that out



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    You guys are killin' me.
    LMFAO!!!!!! Someone should compile all your posts and make a book!!

  30. #26
    I think the CIA is probably all over that =)



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 05:05 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 01:51 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 01:36 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 06:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •