Thread: I say: no more bombs

I say: no more bombs

okay. We did it! We broke all the records, swelled up the campaign, finally got in the news, and brought out some endorsements.

Now there is all a bunch of talk about the next money bomb. I personally think that's a waste of time. Here's why.

First and foremost, this campaign is known as the rule-breaker, the unconventional one. This process and this gathering of minds is growing exponentially while it continues to evolve. As the Tea Party brewed we pointed towards a goal of breaking the records, and in the end we did. This one sent a message loud and clear: We're in this to win it, baby and you can't count us out. The next one will send another message: "we're going to cash in on this election." Why? I'll tell you

We're breaking the mold with some networks and personalities, and now honest televised debate is more popular. They see Paul's money, and they want it. The attention has been grabbed. This will have to happen on their end now.

The moneybomb spam is also creating a lot of blowback. Now I know we're not spammers, folks, but we need to be more aware of posting etiquitte on social sites. Yesterday Digg and Reddit banished RP articles from their front pages. I can't verify whether it was the users or the webmasters, but someone's been screwing with his pieces because we absolutely FLOOD them. Things like submitting the same article 40 times, or talking about the tea party in completely unrelated threads. There is now a script for your web browser that automatically downvotes these articles (ALL of them) for you - and it looks like a lot of people are using it. We've exhausted people's patience in a lot of these forums.

Time to evolve again. Don't worry about a moneybomb. The campaign is struggling to spend all this money already. spend $50 a week on the blimp, or various chipins for local ads. PLANT SIGNS. get out there. Any more money this quarter, in my opinion, should go to the people who really make things happen. Dr. Paul's campaign can't handle it all as efficiently as we can. Remember - Being too reliant on central economic planning undermines the whole system!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree, nice post.
    I often contact people which I barely know and what surpices me is that alot of them still don't know who Ron Paul is. So they simply vote on Giuliani for example because they don't know better. Point is, the money bomb has reached most of the people who watch the news etc. But to reach the people who still don't know who Ron Paul is needs to be appoached in a different way as what QuesoPantera points at.

Quote Originally Posted by QuesoPantera View Post
    okay. We did it! We broke all the records, swelled up the campaign, finally got in the news, and brought out some endorsements.

Now there is all a bunch of talk about the next money bomb. I personally think that's a waste of time. Here's why.

First and foremost, this campaign is known as the rule-breaker, the unconventional one. This process and this gathering of minds is growing exponentially while it continues to evolve. As the Tea Party brewed we pointed towards a goal of breaking the records, and in the end we did. This one sent a message loud and clear: We're in this to win it, baby and you can't count us out. The next one will send another message: "we're going to cash in on this election." Why? I'll tell you

We're breaking the mold with some networks and personalities, and now honest televised debate is more popular. They see Paul's money, and they want it. The attention has been grabbed. This will have to happen on their end now.

The moneybomb spam is also creating a lot of blowback. Now I know we're not spammers, folks, but we need to be more aware of posting etiquitte on social sites. Yesterday Digg and Reddit banished RP articles from their front pages. I can't verify whether it was the users or the webmasters, but someone's been screwing with his pieces because we absolutely FLOOD them. Things like submitting the same article 40 times, or talking about the tea party in completely unrelated threads. There is now a script for your web browser that automatically downvotes these articles (ALL of them) for you - and it looks like a lot of people are using it. We've exhausted people's patience in a lot of these forums.

Time to evolve again. Don't worry about a moneybomb. The campaign is struggling to spend all this money already. spend $50 a week on the blimp, or various chipins for local ads. PLANT SIGNS. get out there. Any more money this quarter, in my opinion, should go to the people who really make things happen. Dr. Paul's campaign can't handle it all as efficiently as we can. Remember - Being too reliant on central economic planning undermines the whole system!
    I can't say that I completely disagree with you, but i do feel that the money bombs are great! They get the campaign attention from the media which is free advertisement, and gets more people to see and hear Dr. Paul. I also feel that it keeps us on our toes. Most of us are normal people with lives outside of politics and it is easy to get off track and a week can go by so fast, and with an events like these it gets us excited for something and when we raise a big amount of money it makes you feel like you are making a difference. The Ron Paul blimp is now going through legal issues anyway. The best way for us to be heard is to be seen and heard on TV, radio and online. Without the help of mainsteam media and free advertising we have to pay for it and even though we have $18.5million that can spend very fast and we will always need more. We have a long year ahead of us. I do feel that we should keep them spread out, to keep them as an event and not a once a month thing. I will contributing as much as a can on the next money bomb. If youre only talking about this quarter than i agree, ive only heard about a bomb in Febuary for Jefferson's Election and im very excited about that! just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodown View Post
    I can't say that I completely disagree with you, but i do feel that the money bombs are great! They get the campaign attention from the media which is free advertisement, and gets more people to see and hear Dr. Paul. I also feel that it keeps us on our toes. Most of us are normal people with lives outside of politics and it is easy to get off track and a week can go by so fast, and with an events like these it gets us excited for something and when we raise a big amount of money it makes you feel like you are making a difference. The Ron Paul blimp is now going through legal issues anyway. The best way for us to be heard is to be seen and heard on TV, radio and online. Without the help of mainsteam media and free advertising we have to pay for it and even though we have $18.5million that can spend very fast and we will always need more. We have a long year ahead of us. I do feel that we should keep them spread out, to keep them as an event and not a once a month thing. I will contributing as much as a can on the next money bomb. If youre only talking about this quarter than i agree, ive only heard about a bomb in Febuary for Jefferson's Election and im very excited about that! just my opinion.
    Oh we're in the same boat here. Doing this has been loads of fun. I think at the very least the money bombs need to take a back seat for the rest of the quarter. They almost won't be able to handle any more money, and I don't know that many of us have too much left after Sunday . If you're not strapped for cash and still want to help, there's plenty of chipins run by us the people, or start your own!

active chipins

We can get riskier and more creative when it's all grassroots. Did you know that someone made a chipin for a full page ad in High Times about opposition to the drug war? They funded it in just a few days to get it in the January issue, and it will reach 200,000 who probably don't watch much news but have a reason to get involved! Get creative!

well i just saw a post about a december 27th bomb the same day as huckabees money bomb. as much as i despise that CFR card holding scumbag i dont think doing one that soon is a good idea. I thought you meant stopping them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodown View Post
    well i just saw a post about a december 27th bomb the same day as huckabees money bomb. as much as i despise that CFR card holding scumbag i dont think doing one that soon is a good idea. I thought you meant stopping them all together.
    If we can really sign on to the grassroots projects with the same enthusiasm, I don't see that as a bad thing. More local, more efficient, more personal

and ultimately, a reprieve for those with Paul Fatigue Syndrome on social networking sites. The thing that pissed them off most of all was all the Tea Party spam

I agree, the time for moneybombs is past. We are on the slope of declining returns. Just look at the attention gained from the first one versus this last one, even though the last one smashed more records.

If more big money bombs are pursued, we run the risk of being labeled a contracting movement if we fail to break our last record.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's time to triple the focus on ground-efforts in the early states of IO, NH, SC, NV. Better than expected showings in these states will bring about the media attention we need, and create a snowball effect going into the bigger primaries.

I agree! As much as I think it is important to continue to raise money for Dr. Paul, I think we need to employ some unconventional methods and find new ways to spread the Dr. Paul message, like blitzing the media or support efforts like the Ron Paul Blimp.

I'd like to see another money bomb on April 15, the income tax filing deadline. People will have plenty of time to replenish their bank accounts by then. We don't want to wear out the "money bomb" initiative by dropping too many.

- CAT5 Cane

Alternative projects, yes, we should consider existing and new ones, as we have now clearly demonstrated we can turn the money spigot back on any time we need to. Let me then float this balloon:

How about a Ron Paul CONGRESSIONAL coattail project? We now have a national grassroots movement fully in place, with a proven mechanism for raising serious money, an already developed issue agenda, and a meetup base mobilizing support for local outreach efforts. So....

A "Hope for America" Coattail PAC or 527 is set up (call it HACPAC) to elect 435 Ron Paul 'acolytes' to the House (and whatever Senate seats are open) in 2008. The candidates will run as Ron Paul Republicans or Ron Paul Democrats (based on which way the district trends), and can get vetted by the meet-up groups for compatibility with the Paul agenda.

The point is to complement a Paul Presidency with a Paulite Congress to implement the changes. Or if Paul ends his candidacy, the congressional project can still proceed apace, replacing the presidential campaign effort to continue the grassroots revolution. Just look at the 10-11 point issue breakdown on the Paul slimjim---that would be the uniform 'platform' of each Paulite. For Ron Paul Democrat contenders, we may cut them slack on 2-3 issues (global warming, abortion, et al) so long as they don't emphasize them and stick to running on the "Hope for America" issues.

The usual object will be for the candidates to knock off the establishment candidate/incumbent in the primary, then win the seat outright in the election. Unlike the usual disconnected independent run that has no resources/no chance, the Paul slate will get serious funding via local money bombs and/or soft money from the national HACPAC (an organization itself funded by national money bombs), in addition to other meetup-organized support. Logistical problems with this concept or its realization would get resolved the way issues with grassroots projects have been worked out---through the meetups and forums like these.

That's my idea balloon, any thoughts?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/