Thread: pledge to boycott the media that boycotts Ron Paul

Question pledge to boycott the media that boycotts Ron Paul

While Ron Paul (and over 50,000 credit card-wielding Americans) set historic fund raising RECORDS!!! ...the New York Times has chosen to headline (apparently) more relevant and exciting news: "Romney Again Seeks Huckabee Apology". This is Blatantly ignoring a real news worthy story and in my mind is a boycott of Ron Paul by the paper and its website.

I'M SICK OF THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA IGNORING BIG RON PAUL EVENTS!

I'm setting up a website that will collect pledges to Boycott media organisations that boycott Ron Paul.

I'm just wandering what you people think about how I set it up

I have set up a blog
    http://boycott-media-pledge.blogspot.com/

but I can set up a normal website if it better suites this project.

How do you people think we should I do this.

Should we have a poll with media organizations names and people vote for the one that ignores Ron Paul stories
    or
    should we have a poll where people vote when ever they see a great story in a newspaper. This way people vote positively. and the loosing news orginisation at the end of 3 or six months gets a boycott bomb.

Do I put a pledge style thing up where people enter their email and then at a certain date every one that pledged will email the loosing media outlet telling them that they are being boycotted because their lack of Ron Paul cove ridge.

Hmmm What do you people think

Cheers
    Josh
    Last edited by jaminunit; 12-18-2007 at 01:18 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where is a list of these media outlets that are denying our President? Once we get the list together and an "accurate" one at that then we can of course go right at it from the source. I am more then happy to shut off my cable and go to local in a heart beat as well as many other things.

We however need alternatives as well as show support for those networks that show support for Ron as well.

Anyone have a list so we can then focus on. I will put it on the new money bomb site we are all getting ready for on January 1st as well.
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Good idea.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

pledge to boycott the media that boycotts Ron Paul

The problem is not just the exemption of Ron Paul from one debate, or Fox News' unwillingness to cover certain candidates. The channel has been bending over backwards to present a one-sided view of events. It's insulting that the media, in general, takes such a condescending view toward its own audience. The Fox network has been among the worst abusers of media bias, and this pledge should help the widespread efforts to publicize the network's many problems.

I thought this was standard anyways...
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Been there, doing that. And, yes, I hereby pledge to continue. I do listen to NPR a little, but not on any medium where I'd improve their ratings, I do not donate, and I tend to avoid any business that supports them.

The only reason I'd watch any of the rest is to find out what sponsors to boycott.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

My blood pressure is doing much better since I stopped watching mainstream national network news channels. I can't stand to watch them for more than 5 minutes at a time. I figure if there is anything really important going on, I'll find it online faster, and won't have to sit through 20 minutes of bull$#@!.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Honestly, every time I cross paths with a tv blaring CNN I wonder how anyone--especially anyone with a brain--can stand it. It's so smarmy, self-congratulatory and chocked full of propaganda. Hey Turner--your child sucks with loud slurping noises. Don't come looking for me--I'm liable to bitch slap you for creating that crap. And for threatening to colorize Casablanca. And for generally being an arrogant dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I flip among the business channels and add the other news channels on days when Ron is hot (like right now).

Right now, for example, Dylan Rattigan on MSNBC is TALKING ABOUT RON and bringing in clips of Bernanke and even Greenspan showing how WRONG those guys are/have been. The ONLY reason I know this is, in channel flipping, he said RP would be on with him shortly. I have not left the channel on constantly and may have missed Ron, because that Obamabot dark haired woman (don't know her name, sorry) did a whole Palin bashing story.

SO - I'm watching now. But typically, I would not be on MSNBC.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    My blood pressure is doing much better since I stopped watching mainstream national network news channels. I can't stand to watch them for more than 5 minutes at a time. I figure if there is anything really important going on, I'll find it online faster, and won't have to sit through 20 minutes of bull$#@!.
    +1776

TV news becomes even more of a joke after time away from it. For those who see the television as having any degree of legitimacy, I fart in your general direction.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.