Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea cancel your cable bomb - take the money away

You have to call your cable/satellite company and ask them to remove CNN from their list of channels in a massive complaint.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I definately love this idea. I am down for cancelling my cable service or calling to complain if someone organizes it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Somebody got another idea in a different thread too - marching and protesting at one of the major news headquarters. Try ignoring us when we are right at your doorstep, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigaboo View Post
    Somebody got another idea in a different thread too - marching and protesting at one of the major news headquarters. Try ignoring us when we are right at your doorstep, lol.
    Very good idea also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigaboo View Post
    Try ignoring us when we are right at your doorstep, lol.
    ...with a blimp overhead.

I like the idea of terminating the cable umbilical cord accompanied by a letter that explains:

'When you decide to include ALL candidates for POTUS, giving equal time to each of them in your lame ass news broadcasts, let me know and I'll reconsider your product."

In fact, we've never had cable and I disconnected my coat hanger 5 years ago, but I would be glad to send a letter that tells them why I refuse to purchase their product and coordinate that with the execution of this idea.

I think it's a superb idea and have always dreamed of the day Americans would exhibit a taste of their full power in an exercise like this one.

Bosso

Quote Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
    To the guy that said he works for Comcast and doesn't want to be put out of a job... Here's my response:

Don't worry, Comcast still offers internet and sub-par phone service... You're job won't be in jeopardy. Comcast makes money hand over fist and has just about as many lobbyists in Congress as Wal-Mart and Phillip-Morris. Comcast donates millions of dollars to the campaigns of CFR members and other in power to maintain their Monopoly. Comcast is definitely responsible for some of the skewed media you see in the MSM.

But dont' worry, if Ron Paul wins there will be more jobs, more money, more companies to work for because there will be a greater free market. Do you know why you should be voting for Ron Paul if you're a Comcast employee? Because when the CIA used the Patriot Act to force the Telcos and Cable companies to give up their customer's information and records... Comcast gladly obliged with no hesitation or argument. That should have you worry. That is why I've turned down 3 different job offers at Comcast, even though they were all with pay raises.

I am canceling my Cable at the end of my billing cycle (after Christmas) and I am switching my internet connection to Verizon Fios or Qwest Fiber (depending on where I buy my new house).

p.s. Heard on NPR that Qwest was the ONLY communications company that completely refused the CIA and has, to this day, not given up any of their customers records or information to the government! Now there's a company worth supporting!
    NSA spying

In May 2006, USA Today reported that millions of telephone calling records had been handed over to the United States National Security Agency by AT&T Corp., Verizon, and BellSouth since September 11, 2001. This data has been used to create a database of all international and domestic calls. Qwest was allegedly the lone holdout, despite threats from the NSA that their refusal to cooperate may jeopardize future government contracts [4], a decision which has earned them praise from those who oppose the NSA program [5].

A federal judge on August 17, 2006 ruled that the government's domestic eavesdropping program is unconstitutional and ordered it ended immediately. The Bush Administration has filed an appeal in the case which has yet to be heard in court. [6]

Former Qwest CEO Joseph Nacchio, who was convicted of insider trading in April 2007, alleged in appeal documents that the NSA requested that Qwest participate in its wiretapping program more than six months before September 11, 2001. Nacchio recalls the meeting as occurring on February 27, 2001. Nacchio further claims that the NSA cancelled a lucrative contract with Qwest as a result of Qwest's

I love this idea. I won't be cancelling, though, because I get free tv/internet through my job at Comcast. But hey, they bought out the company I used to work for. I'm no fan of theirs.

YES!

We need to get a petition site set up. People will submit their name and information about their current cable provider. Once we get enough people to sign the petition we will bring it to the various cable providers telling them to tell the news agencies to shape up or 50,000 people are not going to be buying cable next year.

Is anyone interested in getting this started?
    The providers do not do the content. You just need to quit watching the news stations. Ron Paul is for a bill that allows people to choose their programming instead of being stuck with a package. That would be power. Pick and choose which stations you want.
    A vote for the lesser of 2 evils is still a vote for evil.

Ron Paul's special interest group is the American people!

I don't think you have to cancel your satelite or cable, just call the provider and ask for the MSM to be removed from your plan/service. This would/should seriously dent the MSM and really scary this sh*t out of them. -Tyler

I quit paying for cable as soon as they started charging in advance for it. COX sucks.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Click on the links for Ron Paul and do searches for Ron Paul at the websites for the media companies, let them see that people are interested in Ron Paul.

This is a very powerful idea and should be considered seriously.

The cancellation doesn't have to be permanent--Consider Rosa Parks and the Bus Boycott Anniversary.
    It wasn't a protest of the bus drivers--it was a protest of the sick system.

Boycott for one month--send the money saved to Ron Paul's news websites.
    Ron Paul Revere 2008

I already shut off my expanded cable out of protest about a month ago. I only get about 25 channels now for $4.99 per month (Charter) and none of them are cable news channels. As soon as my one year $4.99 per month deal is up, I am totally out of there. Seriously.

With the internet, anything I feel I might of liked to have seen on TV, is made available on the internet. I have yet to regret not having my expanded cable.

Attention Tervor!!!!

I cut off HBO because I got tired of hearing Bill Maher speak of Israel like it was our country. That was good..I don't miss it. But if we all do it ON THE SAME DAY..That would be a media bomb :-)
    Ron Paul Revere 2008

Quote Originally Posted by troyd1 View Post
    The providers do not do the content. You just need to quit watching the news stations. Ron Paul is for a bill that allows people to choose their programming instead of being stuck with a package. That would be power. Pick and choose which stations you want.
    If people boycott an American toy company because they order parts from China that could possibly contain led, that toy company is going to tell it's Chinese partner to either shape up or they're going to find someone else.

I would personally love it if we could just choose which channels we want, but until Ron gets his bill passed we can't. This is the only course of action that could actually have any affect. Simply not watching cnn or fox isn't going to take money away from them.

bump

The cancellation doesn't have to be permanent--Consider Rosa Parks and the Bus Boycott Anniversary.

Ron Paul Revere 2008

this is an awesome idea, I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Justice View Post

I agree, this should be considered. Cutting off your cable and satellite would be like cutting off the head of the beast. I would participate, but I did this over a year ago. And let me tell you, My life has gotten roughly 63% less stressful.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this is a great idea too, but sadly I don't think that many people will go along with it. Most Americans, probably including RP supporters too, are mesmerized by their televisions, and wouldn't think of not sitting for two or three hours in front of it everyday.

I also think a protest at fox's hq would be a GREAT idea. It would really make them nervous.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

I do not have a subscription to a satellite service, I get it free. I can't help with a boycott.

Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by justinc.1089 View Post
    I think this is a great idea too, but sadly I don't think that many people will go along with it. Most Americans, probably including RP supporters too, are mesmerized by their televisions, and wouldn't think of not sitting for two or three hours in front of it everyday.

I also think a protest at fox's hq would be a GREAT idea. It would really make them nervous.
    Don't agree. I think RP supporters have a very special spirit and dedication. We would have a very different history if the African-Americans thought it too inconvenient for them to boycott the transportation system they highly depended upon.

The OLD MEDIA is the devil and God. Too much power, too many dead because of the lies that they carried for the government elite.

Basta!
    Ron Paul Revere 2008

You not cancelling your Cable/Satellite... just get rid of the MSM's (FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC, etc.)... keep your TV and your favorite channels. I think we could do this and I think it would work. -Tyler

Fantastic idea! How do we go about getting the word out? Does someone have a web page? I think I could make one. I really think this would hit home. Its all about money.

There has got to be a company or two on the ropes right now, that could not take ths kind of hit.....

time to hit up Yahoo finance.

Brilliant!

Everything you need is online anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by fxmercenary View Post
    I work for comcast =( dont put me on the streets! every one of us is voting for Ron Paul. I converted the whole call center!!! +150 Votes!
    Great job !

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I moved on September 1st. I have been cable-free since.

I miss ESPN but that's it.
    THE MESSAGE!!! STAY ON THE MESSAGE!!!

I have a better idea. Everyone call to cancel their cable. Say you are switching to another provider. They'll offer you a special package. Usually 3 mos free, or some sort of discount. Take the extra cash and donate it to the campaign or some other chip-in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast