View Poll Results: Moneybomb, or no Moneybomb?

Voters
323. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, Moneybomb concept getting old.

34 10.53%
  • No, Moneybombs no longer needed... let's find another way to raise money and attention.

130 40.25%
  • Yes, later in December so we pad this quarter's number.

40 12.38%
  • Yes, first half of January, to get next quarter off to good start.

31 9.60%
  • Yes, second half of January, we need a break.

50 15.48%
  • Yes, but we should wait until February or later.

38 11.76%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we have another Moneybomb, and if so, when?

Should we have another Moneybomb, and if so, when?

What do you think, are money bombs worth the effort and if so, when should the next grassroots effort supported moneybomb take place?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

My vote is for January 22, the 35th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Its about the same distance from today, as today was from the 5th. And it will help us win with social conservatives in the early primary states.

no more money bombs. Just donate when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonyates View Post
    no more money bombs. Just donate when you can.
    I agree. With the holidays and the first caucuses/primaries basically already here, we don't have time to save up enough money to make an impact -- nor do we have any time to spare.

Donate when you can. Focus on you local efforts. Put hours in at your local campaign office. Supply the water or hot cocoa for your rally.

We need to start supporting the grassroots effort, we now have the money we need to get out and start getting the voters. we have a solid foundation but we need to start building it up. We need to get the videos of Ron Paul talking out there like this one. Build the grassroots up and we will have the help from the top thanks to all the $ coming in.

No we should not have another money bomb.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. -
    Thomas Paine

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world. - Daniel Webster

http://www.christiansforronpaul.com/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Give it a break for a few minutes...

You caffeinated types need to learn to take a few minutes off now and then. This kind of idea can be overdone very easily, as was done in the last week of November, when some of the hotshots got the idea that they could just yell Moneybomb!!! and gold coins would fall out of the sky on cue. I was afraid that push, and the blimp, would deflate today, and I believe they have, though thankfully not enough to make it a failure -- just not the real blockbuster I was hoping for.

There might be room for one more moneybomb in this election year, but not until we've seen what all this money is going to buy us. We need some tangible results now. $6 million in one day (it's looking like) will definitely get some media attention, right when it's needed -- but that won't have much lasting power.

The real question is, will the advertising this money will buy really bring a large number of Republican voters for RP in the early states? That remains to be seen. If it doesn't -- there may indeed be a finite maximum of possible RP voters regardless of how much advertising is done -- then no amount of money is going to make much difference, and planning (and publicizing) another money bomb isn't going to do anything but waste resources that might be better used elsewhere. Of course, what to do in that case will be a real question that will require all our creative resources.

Anyway, give it a rest, till after Iowa and New Hampshire at least.
    "In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson

No..get out and vote/convert/talk and convince other voters. the campaign have what they need for commercials....give when you can...we own this whole freaking show!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Ice View Post
    President's Day. Feb 22.
    A bit late in the quarter to help the campaign?

theres already one scheduled for presidents day
    ==============================
    Freespeechwisconsin.com

Voted: "No, Moneybombs no longer needed... let's find another way to raise money and attention."
    THE CREED OF FREEDOM

Thumbs up Again...?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieforPaul View Post
    My vote is for January 22, the 35th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Its about the same distance from today, as today was from the 5th. And it will help us win with social conservatives in the early primary states.
    Actually... I'm all for another push on Roe V Wade day...

It's gonna now be all about the primaries...

Iowa and New Hampshire that is what everyone is watching.

If you do one do it after new year!!!!1
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Politeia View Post
    You caffeinated types need to learn to take a few minutes off now and then. This kind of idea can be overdone very easily, as was done in the last week of November, when some of the hotshots got the idea that they could just yell Moneybomb!!! and gold coins would fall out of the sky on cue. I was afraid that push, and the blimp, would deflate today, and I believe they have, though thankfully not enough to make it a failure -- just not the real blockbuster I was hoping for.

There might be room for one more moneybomb in this election year, but not until we've seen what all this money is going to buy us. We need some tangible results now. $6 million in one day (it's looking like) will definitely get some media attention, right when it's needed -- but that won't have much lasting power.

The real question is, will the advertising this money will buy really bring a large number of Republican voters for RP in the early states? That remains to be seen. If it doesn't -- there may indeed be a finite maximum of possible RP voters regardless of how much advertising is done -- then no amount of money is going to make much difference, and planning (and publicizing) another money bomb isn't going to do anything but waste resources that might be better used elsewhere. Of course, what to do in that case will be a real question that will require all our creative resources.

Anyway, give it a rest, till after Iowa and New Hampshire at least.
    Good post, go knock on some doors people
    Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it.

Quote Originally Posted by eok321 View Post
    No..get out and vote/convert/talk and convince other voters. the campaign have what they need for commercials....give when you can...we own this whole freaking show!
    It seems that different groups are pursuing their own methods for promoting Ron Paul. Some people prefer to get out the vote and others to promote the 'moneybombs.' You do not believe there is room for both avenues?

I can see going against the moneybomb route because of the risk that it would lose support and fail miserably -- and hurt the campaign. I have my doubts that the situation next quarter, really allows a good date for a moneybomb because of all the primaries early in the quarter and I could see avoiding it because of this. Not sure I understand the reasoning behind your reason for not having another so I hope you respond to this message and elaborate.

NO!!!

Thats stupid. What point would another moneybomb serve? Seriously?

Before you people go around screaming "Moneybomb! Moneybomb! Moneybomb!" I want to hear you say WHY!

We have tons of money. And people won't be able to give a lot for two to three more weeks minimum, not that we are in critical need of money for the official campaign right now anyway.

What we DO need to do is put our money that we have left into the blimp, other grassroots projects, and our own individual efforts such as buying signs to put out and materials to give to people to encourage them to vote for Paul.

More moneybombs will do nothing for us. If the ground is already blown up, why drop another bomb?

Edit: Oh, and Roe vs. Wade? Are you for real? Why would we rake in money on a day we object to? We raised tons of money on Guy Fawkes day and the BTP anniversary because those people were freedom fighters we agree with, because they fought to stop government tyranny. So what point would we be making with Roe vs. Wade, that we think it was a great ruling we need to support? Get real people, and start thinking some.
    Last edited by justinc.1089; 12-17-2007 at 01:06 AM.
    I GOT MY BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SCIENCE DEGREE IN MY HANDS AND RAN!!!!!!! THEY'RE NEVER GETTING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!

"It is dissent from government policies that defines the true patriot and champion of liberty."

- Ron Paul

Give it some time to see how it plays out in Iowa and New Hampshire....then we can decide if another moneybomb is needed...right now it's premature....in the meantime we can all focus on other ways to promote the campaign...working on getting the message out even more would be a good focus right now...the money is taken care of for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_R View Post
    theres already one scheduled for presidents day
    I have heard about several -- 12/31 and 1/1 and another -- possibly the president's day date. One reason I thought a poll would be a good idea. If the grassroots wants to do this again -- we should pick ONE from the above, or a new one, and support that as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyForAll View Post
    Give it some time to see how it plays out in Iowa and New Hampshire....then we can decide if another moneybomb is needed...right now it's premature....in the meantime we can all focus on other ways to promote the campaign...working on getting the message out even more would be a good focus right now...the money is taken care of for the time being.
    Ok, but what about the Feb 5 primaries... Dies the campaign have the money that will be needed to campaign effectively in these states?

If not, and the campaign needs new money sooner than later so they can better plan, then would a money bomb in the first half of January be of value to pump the system with money -- even if we are not trying to make news with a big money day?

Roe vs. Wade is the worst idea. You dont create a fundraiser based on such a divisive and non-central idea. This is about America, not about the merits of abortion.

We need to take this momentum, continue to grow, allow people to recover financially, allow time for more people to come aboard, and THEN set up another fundraiser. But I would suggest at least one month.

And now I will announce my strong suggestion that the next fundraising event be scheduled Feb. 1st.

President Harry Truman signs the bill proclaiming February 1 as National Freedom Day, June 30, 1948
    This is a no brainer!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sittin pretty for the primaries I think. Let's take a breather on the money bombs, and focus on other attention getting grassroots initiatives.

Double up our work on canvassing, make sure you talk to everyone you know IRL about the situation with the US and the last chance we have with Ron Paul.

We got money, let's work on the votes part of the equation.

No more moneybombs. They have been done to death. It's time to find other ways to be creative.

I'm not sure if we really need another money bomb. I think getting the message out and hitting the streets is more important now that he has all this money in the bank. But if we do have another money bomb I agree with silus. Not only is February 1st enough time to get the event organized, but it's FREEDOM DAY. How is that not perfect? If we have another money bomb I vote Feb 1st.

I think people are too exhausted to answer this question.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

No. Focus your attention on getting out the vote and other grassroots efforts such as this: operationnh.com.

After the national advertisements take effect, is when we should. Not even soon afterwords... aways afterwords..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast