Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 30-Min Informercial is UP on YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    not very well done. the abortion thing is just one of several problems with it
    You might want to figure out what is important to voting Republican's before you comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    maybe we should have spent 300k on this ad and not waste our money on a blimp
    Right on! Blimp is a total waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    Oh, I agree 100%. Would you start off with the pro life position in New Hampshire? I don't live there, but I'm guessing not. I believe this is only for Iowa and this will work there! I should know! Trust me and trust Ron Paul! We know what we're talking about!
    I am 99% sure this is Iowa and worked up for Drew his manager there!
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnd View Post
    He doesn't really say that, though. If this is Iowa specific, OK.
    But if it is one size fits all for all of America.... boo.
    Read the title of the You Tube "TV Special for Iowa"

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid American View Post
    HAHAHA -- nicely timed for another surge as the day wanes. Right about 11PM, I'm thinking it will spike again.
    Yeah, I just went in another $100.

Quote Originally Posted by RPSignbomb View Post
    You might want to figure out what is important to voting Republican's before you comment.
    That's ridiculous though...polls show that most republicans still support staying in Iraq. But those polls are also only polling Republicans who have STAYED with the party. Ron Paul is advocating withdrawing from Iraq and he's still trying to get the GOP nom.

So, why shouldn't ron paul accurately state his abortion position as opposed to being afraid it would offend the republican party?

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Weasel View Post
    I personally think he should start the infomercial off with his msg of freedom. Not abortion. Abortion could instantly turn a person off, not knowing he would turn that choice over to the states.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by adwads View Post
    That's ridiculous though...polls show that most republicans still support staying in Iraq. But those polls are also only polling Republicans who have STAYED with the party. Ron Paul is advocating withdrawing from Iraq and he's still trying to get the GOP nom.

So, why shouldn't ron paul accurately state his abortion position as opposed to being afraid it would offend the republican party?

It's a targeted ad for the State of Iowa - which is why he didn't talk about the war that much. Republicans who stayed with the party are the ones voting in Iowa.

It was probably just the way his hand fell but people these days are being hypersensitive about religion... Anyway look at the infomercial
    At :25 Ron Paul seems to make a weird gesture. A friend of mine who dislikes Ron Paul e-mailed me to say Ron Paul had made the sign of the devil. He sent me here:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...s_of_satan.htm

Personally I think it's BS but the campaign might want to think about editing it out just to be on the safe side.

What do you guys think?

Awesome video. Great job campaign and others who helped with that project.
    We are the Sons Of Liberty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty. Welcome to the Revolution.

“We have allowed our nation to be over-taxed, and over-regulated, and over-run by bureaucrats. The founders would be ashamed of us for what we are putting up with.”
    Presidential Candidate Ron Paul. Ames, Iowa Straw Poll Speech 2007

If you all have input, you should let HQ know. I am sure they are listening!

This is a very exciting moment for the campaign.
    County Coordinator and Precinct Leader in CA

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." ~ Willie Nelson

“Let our government be like that of the solar system. Let the general government be like the sun and the states the planets, repelled yet attracted, and the whole moving regularly and harmoniously in several orbits.”
    — John Dickinson (Delaware Delegate), 1787

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnd View Post
    I know. WTF? WTF? WTF?

Good job, turn off half the viewers in the first 2 mintues.
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm pro-choice, but I like RP position about letting the states decide because it will help resolve the polarization this issue causes at a national level.

But they forgot to mention the states rights part of the equation.

Re, the sign:

I think that it means "I LOVE YOU."

It was cool. Go Dr. P!
    Last edited by SophisticatedFarmGirl; 12-16-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: bad english
    County Coordinator and Precinct Leader in CA

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." ~ Willie Nelson

“Let our government be like that of the solar system. Let the general government be like the sun and the states the planets, repelled yet attracted, and the whole moving regularly and harmoniously in several orbits.”
    — John Dickinson (Delaware Delegate), 1787

Hopefully people will stop complaining now that the money isn't being spent.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
    i like it but i think the intro part focuses much too strongly on the abortion view. i understand hes trying to reach conservatives but i don't think his ames speech was his best on the subject.
    Really? I think his Ames speech was sweet, actually in my opinion it is one of his best.

Quote Originally Posted by adwads View Post
    He also glossed over his opposition to the war in Iraq.

I see what he is doing in this video now...by being so strongly pro-life and glossing over his opposition to iraq, he's trying to appeal to iowa republicans.
    Exactly.

Thank you ELib3rty (hope I spelled that right) and Aravoth!!

Quote Originally Posted by idrake View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm pro-choice, but I like RP position about letting the states decide because it will help resolve the polarization this issue causes at a national level.

But they forgot to mention the states rights part of the equation.
    That was conviently left out. This was made for Iowa. The way the media makes is out is that Iowa is the most fundy state out there. He just needs to say he's pro-life and against roe v wade and leave it at that

I thought this was a phenomenal ad for Iowa. The chair in Iowa knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Weasel View Post
    I personally think he should start the infomercial off with his msg of freedom. Not abortion. Abortion could instantly turn a person off, not knowing he would turn that choice over to the states.
    This is airing in IOWA. IOWA is the land of the evangelicals, which is why Huck has been rising there.

Very awesome - it cuts through the normal 30 second spots people do. We will see a 10pt. lift in numbers after this.

Thank you HQ - we needed this!!!!!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by noztnac View Post
    It was probably just the way his hand fell but people these days are being hypersensitive about religion... Anyway look at the infomercial
    At :25 Ron Paul seems to make a weird gesture. A friend of mine who dislikes Ron Paul e-mailed me to say Ron Paul had made the sign of the devil. He sent me here:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...s_of_satan.htm

Personally I think it's BS but the campaign might want to think about editing it out just to be on the safe side.

What do you guys think?
    Yes, you're right. To be safe. Those signs are way too much alike. So too with the University of Texas hook 'em sign.

Guys it clearly says this is for iowa in the vid description. He's hitting on the issues that will appeal to iowa voters. Is that hard to understand?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bit at the end "I am a constituionalist", brougth tears to my eyes! Amazing!
    "Not everybody will take care of themselves like they should. Not everybody will be responsible. But when we allow people to become more creative, then we understand the real true purpose in life is to strive for virtue and excellence. We can't do that with government bearing down on us every single day." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MadOdorMachine View Post
    Is there any way to download this directly? I would love to put this on DVD to give to others.
    Anybody know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    Guys it clearly says this is for iowa in the vid description. He's hitting on the issues that will appeal to iowa voters. Is that hard to understand?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bit at the end "I am a constituionalist", brougth tears to my eyes! Amazing!

Ditto man! I LOVED IT!!!!

IOWA = CHRISTIAN STATE OF AMERICA

This was a very good infomercial for Iowa! If he said, "states rights", he loses the Republican/Christian vote. They're THAT extreme!

Maybe should of focused on tax deductions for education, healthcare, and social security.

I think this was uniquely done for a older, Republican, Christian demographic.

I ESPECIALLY LOVE the ending, it was like a great 1minute ad!
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Honestly, do you guys think it's a coincidence that they released these on 12/16 They knew that they needed to show their supporters that they're really going to put their money to use

Personally, I enjoyed the 2nd half over the 1st, it spoke to me . But I don't live in Iowa I'm glad to see that they put this together to air and trust that they focused on what matters most those in Iowa.

Thx!

I'm pro-life but I think that is a terrible way to start of the infomercial.

There are enough things in his platform that everyone agrees on without having to immediately jump into the few that are divisive.

I would also have advised him to speak straight into the camera rather than to someone off camera. It's well known that people find a speaker looking into the camera directly to be more honest than someone speaking to a person off camera.

The infomercial is a great idea but I'm afraid the campaign has once again hired people who don't know what they are doing.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast