Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 30-Min Informercial is UP on YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by noztnac View Post
    It was probably just the way his hand fell but people these days are being hypersensitive about religion... Anyway look at the infomercial
    At :25 Ron Paul seems to make a weird gesture. A friend of mine who dislikes Ron Paul e-mailed me to say Ron Paul had made the sign of the devil. He sent me here:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False...s_of_satan.htm

Personally I think it's BS but the campaign might want to think about editing it out just to be on the safe side.

What do you guys think?
    I'm pretty sure that website is a joke. The hand gesture means "i love you".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i especially liked the end with those people talking, I'm a Constitutiolalist.

Yeah what the hell

I couldn't believe my eyes I had to do a double take. How many times have we seen Hillary and Bill and BUsh and his wife and dad all making the horn symbols? And then I'm watching this video and and I see Ron Paul making the same symbol to silence the crowd. Weird. Scares the $#@! out of me actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ RP View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the bit at the end "I am a constituionalist", brougth tears to my eyes! Amazing!
    Yeah, me too. I thought it was a very strong ending.

Remember the talks we had here about an ad with individuals saying "I am Ron Paul" ? I think this piece makes it VERY apparent that HQ is paying attention to what goes on here. That was as close to a direct copy of the idea as was politically feasible, IMHO.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

8:36 weird glitch when he says second amendment

I hate to say it , but a good majority of the electorate seems to vote more on the sizzle than the steak. The delivery of a message by Huckabee has been whats helped catapult him imho. As long as his message comes close to aligning with the public...in his case the public being mostly the evangelicals, then its the delivery that ends up making the final connection.

RP's message sells itself to those that first get to hear it and then spend the time to think about it. The "hearing it" part has been difficult because of the lack of main stream media exposure (of which is still the biggest source of news/information for the majority that "typically" and historically vote during the primary season <-- this is evolving, but takes time. This infomercial is going to help with this big time (so will tv ads). The delivery in RP's message imo, has been lacking some passion, some fight.....Ive heard from many that Ive talked to say, he just seems "too timid, too polite....how bad does he really want it?" (The Presidency) <-- Ive heard this, lots. I think this infomercial highlights a much better RP on the delivery aspect.

I also think RP did a great job in his articulation of his policies...I like the highlight of "I AM FOR A STRONG NATIONAL DEFENSE" from the get go and then the nice articulation of the real danger of terrorism but framed from the perspective of Dr. Paul's philosophies regarding what creates it and how we deal with it.

I think the start up with abortion is totally appropriate for the audience this is geared for. I agree, this is his view...there is no hiding it.

I love his energy when he talks about the constitution and about home schoolers and the Dept of Energy. His talk of the tax system could have been a bit more in depth beyond just saying that we should repeal the 16th amendment....I think some need to understand better....that we can survive without it, just fine. We just need to change the way we think regarding our foreign policy....could have touched more on that, imo.

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed by this. Two thumbs WAY UP!

9:15 another weird glitch

This is not a very polished infomercial.

He needs to use a teleprompter. I think he's winging it and they are piecing together multiple takes. I wish they would hire an experienced producer.

He needs to use a teleprompter. I think he's winging it and they are piecing together multiple takes. I wish they would hire an experienced producer.
    It's the youtube compression, I'm thinking.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! Stop saying "Abolish the department of education" without explaining what that means.

95% of people hear "Ron Paul is against education." He's giving people way too much credit for understanding this issue.

I've written the campaign multiple times begging them to fix this. I've heard many people say they will never vote for Ron Paul because he's against education.

If anyone who is on these forums has any way at all to communicate this to the campaign please do it. I've tried and they are not listening to me.

Ron Paul using a teleprompter? Don't think that's gonna happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKUltra? View Post
    I couldn't believe my eyes I had to do a double take. How many times have we seen Hillary and Bill and BUsh and his wife and dad all making the horn symbols? And then I'm watching this video and and I see Ron Paul making the same symbol to silence the crowd. Weird. Scares the $#@! out of me actually.
    The gesture means "I love you" in sign language. The one the Bush's do is the hook em horns.

Trying to divert traffic from the mainsite! =P

Talking healthcare within the first minute! I LOVE IT

This is an excellent ad that targets the Christian-right perfectly. Don't look at it through the eyes of a libertarian because this ad is not for you. Iowan republicans will not vote for anyone if a fetus dies on their watch, PERIOD.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! Stop saying "Abolish the department of education" without explaining what that means.

95% of people hear "Ron Paul is against education." He's giving people way too much credit for understanding this issue.

I've written the campaign multiple times begging them to fix this. I've heard many people say they will never vote for Ron Paul because he's against education.

If anyone who is on these forums has any way at all to communicate this to the campaign please do it. I've tried and they are not listening to me.
    i totally agree with you 100%.

I had to do the same with my relatives and friends. Most people don't have to time to sit and research, so they believe what they hear and in this case many believe that he is against education. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I thought starting it out on abortion was right to the punch.

In Iowa, evangelicals are typically one of the larger blocks of caucus goers. Like it or not, bring those people under your wings.... and you're going to win Iowa.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    i totally agree with you 100%.

I had to do the same with my relatives and friends. Most people don't have to time to sit and research, so they believe what they hear and in this case many believe that he is against education. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
    agree with this as well
    the MSM has positioned him as a fringe candidate so he needs to explain his positions quickly. You need to think of it as someone who never once heard of him or his message. If they turn on and see someone says 'abolish dept of education' they will tune out and say 'lunatic'

people have short attention spans - you need to explain things in 'bullet points' (ask Karl Rove) and in simplistic terms that don't sound over the top outrageous... i.e.

abolish dept of education

vs

we need to put education into the hands of people, give people choice, give them the money to pick the schools etc.

that was excellent.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. -
    Thomas Paine

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world. - Daniel Webster

http://www.christiansforronpaul.com/

This is an AWESOME infomercial for Iowa! I think if a lot of Iowa Republicans watch it, we will see his support double or triple, just like that. Remember that this is TARGETED to IOWAN REPUBLICANS.

Anyways, to the people that kept promoting infomercials and wouldn't give it up, thank you very much! We are going to see the fruits of that labor soon. I'm glad we didn't give up, because I think this is the best way to get the full message to the voters and completely bypass the Lamestream Media's marginalizing and ignorance. Way to go everyone, and kudos to the people that put this infomercial together!
    It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
    -Samuel Adams

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345