Thread: "Obscure" Congressman

"Obscure" Congressman

LOL. But it is very nice to see Dr. Ron Paul on ABC News' home page. They now have his picture beside McCain's.

Hope we are turning the corner.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They changed it.. about 10 minutes ago it just said

"Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand", with just a picture of Ron Paul.

now it says

"Obscure Congressman Ron Paul Beats McCain in Campaign Cash", with a picture of Ron Paul and John McCain, side by side.

"Obscure Media Outlet Covers Ron Paul... Beats www.ronpaul2008.com In Hits For 10 Minutes Or So"

david vs goliath story is good marketing. don't be quick to judge.

http://blog.guykawasaki.com/2007/07/...eople-tal.html

Everyone loves an underdog.

I just contacted ABC with a polite email asking them why they changed the title, why it was necessary to include a biased word like "obscure", and kindly asked them to take it down, all while thanking them for the coverage. Do the same!

I just checked out the article, the title says "Ron Paul Tops McCain in Cash on Hand" and no images are included. Good enough!

The news article says that, but the main link from abcnews.com still says obscure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry
    Are we disposed to be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
    Democracy or Republic, Which is it?

My first contribution to the campaign

The Best Ron Paul Poster EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieSwindler View Post
    I just contacted ABC with a polite email asking them why they changed the title, why it was necessary to include a biased word like "obscure", and kindly asked them to take it down, all while thanking them for the coverage. Do the same!

I kinda like the "obscure" in this headline. It implies a extremely fast rise from nothing to something, which is basically the truth. It also grabs the attention of viewers more.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obscure Congressman

You wouldn't know it by all the Ron Paul Revolution signs everywhere.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover

Guys, I had to admit it, and maybe "obscure" is a bit of a stretch, but the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of people don't know who Ron Paul is.

Most of those who do know his message like it. The overwhelming majority of people who understand his message like it. If I had to guess, I'd say almost certainly less than 10% of Americans know who Ron Paul is. I think its closer to 5%. Largely unknown might be a slightly more accurate term, but obscure is close enough.

Our job is NAME RECOGNITION and MESSAGE RECOGNITION. To do that, we need to tell as many people as possible about his message. We each need to donate AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Ask yourself: What would a true patriot do? What would Patrick Henry have done? What would Samuel Adams have done? These are just the men who survived the struggle for liberty, along with untold tens of thousands of God-fearing liberty-loving patriots. These people were willing to give their lives, and all we are asking for is $2300. Work overtime, get a second job, if necessary, but TELL PEOPLE about Ron Paul. Tell everyone you know, and tell everyone you meet.

The best part is being compared to John McCain. Just remember, six months ago John McCain was supposed to be the super frontrunner, and everyone else was supposed to be like chump change. So now Ron Paul is mentioned as having more cash than John McCain, and this is the best. It's even better than being compared to Romney or Giuliani, since neither of them were supposed to have the nomination months and months ago. Actually, it was McCain's weakness that allowed Giuliani to rise to the top in the first place. But now people are not so happy with him, so they are looking at Fred Thompson. But they'll soon see that Thompson has problems too. ABC just gave the Ron Paul the ultimate publicity.