Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assange reaches deal to go free

Assange reaches deal to go free

https://x.com/RealSpikeCohen/status/1805389635595444590
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://x.com/Chesschick01/status/1805392357174690005
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Julian Assange To Plead Guilty In Deal With US Authorities

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has agreed to plead guilty in US court to revealing military secrets in exchange for his freedom, ending his years-long legal drama, according to court documents released Monday night.

Assange, who had been in custody in Britain, will plead guilty to a single count of conspiracy to obtain and disseminate national defense information, according to the document filed in court in the Northern Mariana Islands, a US territory in the Pacific.

WikiLeaks reported early Tuesday morning British time that "Julian Assange is free" and had left the country. He is scheduled to appear Wednesday morning local time in the US territory.

Assange is expected to be sentenced to 62 months in prison, with credit for the five years he has served in prison in Britain. This means he could return to his native Australia.

The publisher now aged 52 was wanted by Washington for publishing hundreds of thousands of secret US documents from 2010 as head of the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks.

During his ordeal Assange became a hero to free speech campaigners around the world and a villain to those who thought he endangered US national security and intelligence sources by revealing secrets.

US authorities wanted to put Assange on trial for divulging US military secrets about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This plea bargain agreement will presumably end Assange's nearly 14-year legal drama.

Assange was indicted by a US federal grand jury in 2019 on 18 counts stemming from WikiLeaks' publication of a trove of national security documents.

Announcement of the deal came two weeks before Assange was scheduled to appear in court in Britain to appeal against a ruling approving his extradition to the United States.

Assange has been detained in the high-security Belmarsh prison in London since April 2019.

He was arrested after spending seven years holed up in Ecuador's London embassy to avoid extradition to Sweden, where he faced accusations of sexual assault that were eventually dropped.

The material he released included video showing civilians being killed by fire from a US helicopter gunship in Iraq in 2007. The victims included two Reuters journalists.

The United States has accused Assange under the 1917 Espionage Act. Supporters have warned this means he could be sentenced to 175 years in prison.

The British government approved his extradition in June 2022.

In the latest twist to the saga, two British judges said in May that he could appeal against his extradition to the United States.

The appeal was to address the question of whether, as a foreigner on trial in America, he would enjoy the protections of freedom of speech accorded under the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

The plea deal was not entirely unexpected. President Joe Biden had been under growing pressure to drop the long-running case against Assange.

In February the government of Australia made an official request to this effect and Biden said he would consider it, raising hopes among Assange supporters that his ordeal might end.

The Inquisitor always gets his guilty plea...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Assange is apparently FREE

Who woulda thunk it?

What a stain on Trump's legacy that he didn't do this himself.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    He shouldn’t have had to plead guilty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride."
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

So, is Biden gonna claim that he freed Assange?

I'm shocked that he wasn't suicided in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I'm shocked that he wasn't suicided in prison.
    All he has to do is visit a US (or Saudi?) Embassy. Can anyone say Khashoggi?

I am not surprised that Hillary Supporters are upset over Wikileaks his a Hero..
    Last edited by WarriorLiberty; 06-24-2024 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    So, is Biden gonna claim that he freed Assange?
    Does Biden sh!t in his pants?

https://x.com/LPNational/status/1805416741184631181

https://x.com/beinlibertarian/status...95278498845072

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    We know what happened. Impeachment would have been a bigger stain and Trump would be the one in prison now.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

https://x.com/Mike_Pence/status/1805426412670570928

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump should have pardoned Assange on his way out even though it would have 100% ensured he'll never become president again.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 06-24-2024 at 09:19 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #288:

JULIAN ASSANGE IS A FREE MAN
    https://rumble.com/v53jvwg-julian-as...-free-man.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 24 June 2024}

https://x.com/RonPaul/status/1805440583713841332

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    He shouldn’t have had to plead guilty.
    No, you're wrong. He shouldn't have been imprisioned in the first place.

Given that he was, yes, he had to plead guilty in order to be released. Clearly Julian was happy to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    We know what happened. Impeachment would have been a bigger stain and Trump would be the one in prison now.

Cope.

Holy crap some good news

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Holy crap some good news
    I'm sure the black-pillers will find a way to make this all part of Klaus Schwab's grand plan and that Julian Assange was a Deep State asset all along...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-25-2024 at 03:20 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://x.com/Mike_Pence/status/1805426412670570928

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Literal sociopathic murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Impeachment would have been a bigger stain
    There's no need for hypotheticals. Trump was impeached. And it isn't a bigger stain.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

https://x.com/dbenner83/status/1805437882590470398

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    There's no need for hypotheticals. Trump was impeached. And it isn't a bigger stain.
    That's it. Trump keeps trying to keep one foot in our camp and one in the Chamber of Commerce's. As illustrated by Pence's statement above. After all, keeping the CofC happy was Pence's job for four years.

That's why Biden let him loose, so Trump wouldn't have to straddle that fence any longer.

From what I’ve read this wasn’t what the west wanted but pressure finally got to TPTB. I hope Assange revamps his journalism to make him untouchable. Glad he’s out but will be be back in the game or has this broken him?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast