Thread: Banning gas-powered leaf blowers is the next push

Thumbs down Banning gas-powered leaf blowers is the next push

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Already banned in CA.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

They want to ban everything that is gas powered. First they went for the cars, then they went for the stoves, and now they're going after the leaf blowers. I wonder what they'll go after next.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 06-23-2024 at 08:06 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Toyota sold more cars in 2023 than ever before but electric vehicles had a minimal impact on the growth. Of the 11,233,039 vehicles delivered by the Japanese conglomerate, only 104,018 were EVs. Just 0.926 percent of the cars sold by Toyota, Lexus, and the other subsidiaries last year were battery EVs. With that in mind, the company reckons there's still a need for combustion engines.

During a speech held in front of 200 corporate managers and executives, Chairman Akio Toyoda reaffirmed plans for a "major engine development project." His statement is in line with an announcement made at the 2024 Tokyo Auto Salon where he "used the opportunity to tell everyone that we're going to keep doing engines."

During the Q&A session, Toyoda expressed his belief that battery EVs will never exceed a market share of 30 percent, regardless of technological advancements. As a result, the remaining 70 percent will be represented by gasoline cars, hybrids, and fuel cell EVs. The firm's chairman also mentioned that hydrogen-burning combustion engines could potentially offer a solution. Diesel was not mentioned.

Cant imagine anyone doing mowing/landscaping for a living useing anyting but gas blowers.I actually use a battery blower but because of my tools Ive got maybe 22 batteries and all I use it for is back porc, mower deck and gutters pretty muc once a week ten minutes ( itll drain a 4 amp battery fast). All my tractor mowers , cain saws , log splitters, tillers etc are gas and will remain so
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Already banned in CA.
    ^^this^^

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Leaf blowers are part of the problem anyway. Stop trying to blow your problems onto your neighbor's yard and buy a damned rake.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah, well, you've already collected as many flies with vinegar as you're gonna.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's Formula E Racing now.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_E

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

This is stupid.

dont worry you can bet your 100$ dollars that leftist polticans pushing this ban will never practice it in their gated communities like Al Gore.

Impossible. I actually prefer my battery powered blower, but it's totally impractical for a commercial landscaper.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Impossible. I actually prefer my battery powered blower, but it's totally impractical for a commercial landscaper.
    These megalomaniacs get a kick out of watching us figure out how to do things they've made impossible. I've seen them brag about it, like making people jump through hoops is performing a real service.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Yeah, well, you've already collected as many flies with vinegar as you're gonna.