Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump makes campaign pledge to eliminate fed income tax on tips earned.

Yah that's great.

How about ending income and property taxes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Yah that's great.

Then who would pay his grift?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Yah that's great.

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little bit longer.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm in favor of anything that keeps more money in the pockets of the people and not in Uncle Sucker's.

Period.
    Income tax started for just the very rich and then extended downward.
    Reversing that is the only way you will get rid of it.

It's good to see Trump using another of Ron's ideas.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Oh come on AF, he hasn’t done anything on this as yet save bloviate. And we’ve already heard more soon to be broken promises from this guy than a preacher hears at a Vegas wedding chapel. I’d say it’s appropriate to be skeptical, wouldn’t you?
    He already gave us a giant tax cut last time, which Biden wants to let expire.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little bit longer.
    How many things have you blamed on veto-proof majorities in the last eight years?

If you want us to believe Ron Paul ever advocated for anything regarding the income tax but excising it in toto you're going to have to prove it.

He already gave us a giant tax cut last time, which Biden wants to let expire.
    Giant? LOL

He then replaced it with an unprecedented Inflation Tax, which Biden is not allowing to expire. And that tax is deliberately designed to destroy the poor and middle class.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2024 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If you want us to believe Ron Paul ever advocated for anything regarding the income tax but excising it in toto you're going to have to prove it.
    Not only is it Ron's idea, but Trump pitched it in the exact same city, using the exact same reasoning that Ron did 12 years ago.

Ron Paul’s Vegas pitch: No taxes on tips

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...201-story.html

By Maria L. La Ganga
    Feb. 1, 2012 12 AM PT

Reporting from Las Vegas — At a news conference where supporters out-numbered reporters 10 to 1, Rep. Ron Paul reiterated his plan to stop federal taxation of tips, a proposal that brought loud cheers in this tourism-dependent state, where nearly 20% of all workers rely on such income.
    Speaking from a podium in an opulent Four Seasons Hotel ballroom, Paul said that Las Vegas “is a city that could benefit rather quickly from one little proposal: Make sure that the United States government does not tax tips at all.”

The result, he said, would be less paperwork for businessmen and service providers, many of whom are “working on the margin,” especially if they are reliant on such jobs for full-time employment. But even tip-reliant part-timers would benefit, he said, in a lengthy explanation that connected many of the ills he sees in the economy today.

The tip-earner, he said, “might be a student. Here we are, we have students struggling, they want to pay their way through college, and we want to encourage them. So we tax their tips, and then they come up short, and then we say, ‘Oh, what we need to do is give you a loan and put you further into debt.’ It makes no sense!”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-11-2024 at 06:39 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Stop taxing tips

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/docu...ree-tips-op-ed

By Ron Paul

During any presidential election year, taxes are sure to be a large part of the debate. That's especially true during these tough economic times.

One side argues that high-income earners aren't taxed enough and advocates higher taxes on this group to balance our budget and get our economy moving.

The other side argues that taxes are too high and advocates for lower taxes on businesses, high-income earners and virtually all Americans as a way to stimulate our economy.

But there's one sector of American workers who are often overlooked by both sides during the never-ending debate on taxes.

That's service-industry workers, who, despite often being underpaid and overworked, are always overtaxed.

According to the Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation, there are more than 300,000 service-industry workers in Nevada — nearly 30 percent of the entire state workforce, which is larger than any other sector.

The truth is the majority of service-industry workers are paid low hourly wages and are expected to earn the rest of their income from tips. However, unlike regular wages, a service-sector employee usually has no guarantee of, or legal right to, a tip. Instead, the amount of a tip usually depends on how well an employee satisfies a client. But even good service doesn't always guarantee a tip — especially during tough economic times.

Not only that, but tips provide a substantial portion of the income of many service-sector employees, many of whom are young people just trying to make a few extra dollars to get through school or single parents often balancing two jobs while trying to make enough to raise a family.

That's why it's an outrage that waiters, waitresses and other service-sector employees have to pay taxes on the tips they earn. And to add insult to injury, the IRS makes an estimate of how much service-sector workers will make in tips and taxes them on it even if the taxpayer did not actually earn as much as the IRS estimate!

This is a serious problem that must be addressed, but I'm the only candidate running for president who is working hard to fix this problem.

In fact, I've introduced the Tax Free Tips Act in Congress, which would exempt tips from federal income and payroll taxes, meaning no more taxes on tips. That's because I understand ending taxes on tips will give these workers a pay raise, letting them keep more money to put toward things like a house or car payment, their retirement, or their own and/or their children's education.

If elected president, I will end this injustice on service-industry workers all across our nation by abolishing all taxes on tips once and for all.

Helping Americans improve themselves by reducing their taxes will make our country — and our economy — stronger. I think that's something we all agree must happen if we are to fix our economy and get America back on track.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Not only is it Ron's idea, but Trump pitched it in the exact same city, using the exact same reasoning that Ron did 12 years ago.

Ron Paul’s Vegas pitch: No taxes on tips
    That's what the thread is about, but they had started a side discussion about scaling up the minimum earnings subject to income tax, and that's what I don't recall Ron Paul ever even alluding to.

How many things have you blamed on veto-proof majorities in the last eight years?

Giant? LOL

He then replaced it with an unprecedented Inflation Tax, which Biden is not allowing to expire. And that tax is deliberately designed to destroy the poor and middle class.
    Inflation is the fault of Congress and Biden.

Ron called for this exact salami slice of removing the income tax on tips.

I blame veto proof majorities for everything they are to blame for.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's what the thread is about, but they had started a side discussion about scaling up the minimum earnings subject to income tax, and that's what I don't recall Ron Paul ever even alluding to.
    I never said Ron said anything about that.
    But it is the only way you will get rid of the income tax.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Inflation is the fault of Congress and Biden.

Ron called for this exact salami slice of removing the income tax on tips.

I blame veto proof majorities for everything they are to blame for.

Ron didn't call for it only to hide hookers and prostitutes ledgers.

While I am for it, Trump is only offering this tiny little bone only so that he can further his globalist agenda, which I am not for.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I never said Ron said anything about that.
    But it is the only way you will get rid of the income tax.
    Oh, I see. You started a whole new paragraph so we're supposed to figure out you were changing the subject.

Well. Good thing we cleared that up or someone might have been misled.

Oh, I see. You started a whole new paragraph so we're supposed to figure out you were changing the subject.

Well. Good thing we cleared that up or someone might have been misled.
    We are only in a thread about Trump saying to not tax tips in which Trump never said anything about rolling back the income tax from the bottom up.
    Anyone but you can see I was not saying that Ron or Trump said what I said, I was simply making the point that what both of them did say fit with that strategy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post

While I am for it, Trump is only offering this tiny little bone only so that he can further his globalist agenda, which I am not for.
    Bunk.

That's not what Trump wants it for either.

And Trump has an anti-globalist agenda, unlike you.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 06-11-2024 at 07:16 AM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That's not what Trump wants it for either.
    That's true. Trump doesn't actually want this at all.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    That's true. Trump doesn't actually want this at all.
    LOL

Your lies get stupider all the time.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Bunk.

And Trump has an anti-globalist agenda, unlike you.

Yes, Ron said and did the right thing for the right reason. What you don't get is:

That is Trump's motivation in this. Remember the Stormy trial?

And it helps him with his globalist agenda because people will vote for him.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the GOP clearly wants the next president to be a lame duck from Day One. Republicans generally don't hold politicians wearing their brand to their promises, but these are extraordinary times. The Deep State doesn't want a president who worries about getting reelected for the next four years.

Oh c'mon.

You said:

For Pete's sake, just admit that you were wrong, that you had forgotten about this proposal of Ron's and that Trump has picked it up and is running with it now.

Oh c'mon.

You said:

For Pete's sake, just admit that you were wrong, that you had forgotten about this proposal of Ron's and that Trump has picked it up and is running with it now.
    That is excising it in toto for tips. Did anyone say anything about up to a certain level, or exempting servers who work at places with hundred dollar entrees?

He's being misleading and you're playing word games. Fine. Let's play. For Pete's sake, because you know he never approved of people trying to give Trump credit for things Ron Paul popularized.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2024 at 07:43 AM.

That is excising it in toto for tips. Did anyone say anything about up to a certain level, or exempting servers who work at places with hundred dollar entrees?

He's being misleading and you're playing word games. Fine. Let's play. For Pete's sake, because you know he never approved of people trying to give Trump credit for things Ron Paul popularized.
    You really can't do it can you?

This is like arguing with my wife.

Think whatever you want dude, I know what I just saw.

Think whatever you want dude, I know what I just saw.
    Do you, though? Or are you just making excuses for the people making excuses for Trump?

You may think whatever you want as well. You may think eliminating income taxes on an entire category of income is the same thing as tinkering with the tax tables...

Suit yourself. I'm not going to agree.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2024 at 07:59 AM.

Do you, though? Or are you just making excuses for the people making excuses for Trump?
    4 years of Trump and $8+Trillion. See what a little time off can do? Short-term memories, campaign pitches, people feel the phreedum all over again [insert thunderous applause].

He can even pitch Federalized Nationwide "Stop and Frisk" and people don't give it a second thought, let alone a first.

He can even pitch Federalized Nationwide "Stop and Frisk" and people don't give it a second thought, let alone a first.
    That's why Democrats create problems, so Republicans can implement Orwellian "solutions". And Republicans buy the b.s. over and over and over.

Then a Ron Paul pops up in their midst and they try to conflate big government "solutions" (like rewriting the tax tables) with his principled stances.

And then the good old boys weigh in with all the gravitas they can muster and say, waaall, that simple solution Ron Paul mentioned and this complicated big government rewriting of the tax table can sorter do the same thing if it were done right, so let's give this conflater the benefit of the doubt and just say he didn't know what he was conflatin'. And they buy the same bull over and over and can't figger out how nothin' ever stays fixed. Propagandists have been doing that to Republican voters my whole life.

And the sources they trust continue to confuse them, and they continue to let the people they elect get away with literal mass murder because these are pretty good ol' boys compared to that Other Totalitarian Party. And they can't stop. Then they wonder why I won't stop.

It's the same old $#@!ing bait and switch. Oh, say the Republican politicians, let me readjust this tyranny so it's more comfortable for you. Now that Trump borrowed an unprecedented eight trillion and kicked all this inflation off, we will tinker with the tax tables for you. Let me know when the dollar crashes enough that it gets uncomfortable again, and we'll promise to look at fine tuning it some more if we're out of power again and actually need some votes.

No, bitch. I said it's time to hit the $#@!ing reset button.

This is like arguing with my wife.
    It's a pity she can't teach you how to listen. Well let's try one more time to get this slowed down between one of your ears and the other. A principled solution is one the Democrats can't just simply undo next time they get power. For example, if we get rid of the income tax, they would have to reinstate it. But an unprincipled "solution" is just a bone thrown to a dog. All anyone has to do to take that particular bone away is borrow and print more money. Then before long we're paying tax on the millionaire table or we can't afford to eat.

That's what we mean when we say, no, the principled solution and this band-aid this Republican offered you don't do the same damned thing, and we ain't just being nitpicky. That has been the disagreement between Republicans and Libertarians since the beginning. We're trying to fix something so it stays fixed past next week, not just jerry-rig $#@!.

Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2024 at 09:06 AM.

It's a pity she can't teach you how to listen.
    I listen just fine, but, like a well made radio transceiver, I have a squelch function to filter out bull$#@! and noise and static.

This thread is about a single policy issued Trump proposed: eliminating income tax on tips, a good idea.

I brought up the fact that Trump told a porky pie when he said he was the first to propose such a thing, that Ron had done so in 2012, also a good thing.

SS repeated that and you then said that you wanted proof that Ron had ever advocated for anything so piecemeal regarding the income tax.

I presented that proof from credible news sources and Ron Paul himself, that he did, in fact, propose 12 years ago the exact same thing Trump is proposing now, which remains a good thing.

And in instead of just admitting that fact, and conceding that you were wrong, you spun, made smoke, and obfuscated the issue.

Like arguing with my wife, who is always right, even when utterly wrong.

Squelch up.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Squelch up.
    You're a mighty good Republican.

And part of the problem.

@PAF have you ever noticed that when a Republican accuses you of being nitpicky, it's always a prelude to them attempting to nitpick the $#@! out of you?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2024 at 09:20 AM.

And part of the problem.

@PAF have you ever noticed that when a Republican accuses you of being nitpicky, it's always a prelude to them attempting to nitpick the $#@! out of you?

I forgot to add [insert thunderous applause] to the second paragraph below:

4 years of Trump and $8+Trillion. See what a little time off can do? Short-term memories, campaign pitches, people feel the phreedum all over again [insert thunderous applause].

Nitpicking us is their way of saying that they absolutely trust and support government "solutions". But they are too afraid to come out of the closet and just say it. Because then they would think that we would be on to them.
    Last edited by PAF; 06-11-2024 at 10:12 AM.

And part of the problem.

I don't know what I am anymore, but I know bull$#@! when I read it.

You got called out, in facts, with proof, and instead of just manning up and admitting such, you spun, made smoke and bullshitted.

Do better.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-11-2024 at 11:37 AM.

Nitpicking us is their way of saying that they absolutely trust and support government "solutions". But they are too afraid to come out of the closet and just say it. Because then they would think that we would be on to them.
    You guys have got it bad.

Now Ron Paul's own policy planks are "big government".

I'm going to the bike rally over in Laconia, I'll leave you two lovebirds to keep stroking each other's dicks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast