Thread: The Police Droning Age is here

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Privacy and freedom are overrated anyway. Long live security and safety and control
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Sounds like we're gonna have to do our due diligence and start shooting down police drones.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Dam.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You know what would solve this?

More immunity for cops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    For $12,000 you can own the same drone. For $200 to $300 you can buy the same type of FPV drone that Ukrainians were using to take out Russian tanks, causing the Russians to come out with make shift "turtle tank" up armor design.

Police have been actively using drones since 2005.

https://www.axon.com/resources/history-of-drones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Dam.
    It's like police owning body armor, semi-automatic rifles and armored cars. It's simply the modern reality. The best you can do is get your own version and, when practical, have countermeasures. Sometimes the countermeasures are legal. For instance some communities have sued for access to police drone camera footage.

https://www.desertsun.com/story/opin...k/73985725007/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The best you can do is get your own version and, when practical, have countermeasures. Sometimes the countermeasures are legal.
    Personally, I'm gonna start digging and will live underground
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Considering the fact that Israel still hasn't been able to destroy Hamas in their underground tunnels and how successfully the VC used tunnels against the U.S. that's really not a bad idea. And the air stays about the same temperature all year long.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    For $12,000 you can own the same drone. For $200 to $300 you can buy the same type of FPV drone that Ukrainians were using to take out Russian tanks, causing the Russians to come out with make shift "turtle tank" up armor design.

Police have been actively using drones since 2005.

https://www.axon.com/resources/history-of-drones.

It's like police owning body armor, semi-automatic rifles and armored cars. It's simply the modern reality. The best you can do is get your own version and, when practical, have countermeasures. Sometimes the countermeasures are legal. For instance some communities have sued for access to police drone camera footage.

https://www.desertsun.com/story/opin...k/73985725007/
    and suddenly I'm in a Matrix remake.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Make room for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    and suddenly I'm in a Matrix remake.
    Wrong movie analogy. You'll be in the Matrix if you take Elon Musk's brain chip or you get sucked into Apple's (way to expensive) augmented reality device. Apple is also talking about building OpenAI into all of their devices.

Having your own drone is more like being the resistance in the Terminator 2 and beyond. In T2 a Terminator was reprogrammed to fight alongside the resistance. In a full blown tyranny situation in the U.S. the resistance having its own drone will be as important as people having their own firearms. In some ways maybe even more so. Biden loves to say that private ownership of guns is irrelevant because you can't fight against a modern military unless you have F-16s (which are now outdated anyway). But in Ukraine, drones are doing much of the job of a modern air force from reconnaissance to taking out hardened targets including tanks, machine gun nests and mortar positions and concentrations of troops. They even do some limited resupply. A drone cant bring in troops but it can drop off food, water and ammo to troops already in the field. But more important than the drones themselves is drone manufacturing capacity, meaning 3D printers.

I posted this thread about multiple DIY ways to defeat drones:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...inst-drones-is

Oddly enough there are threads that go on for pages of posts with back and forth about nothing, but that thread with actual advice on what to do about a real threat that most people on this forum are really concerned about only got one response.

Anyhow, I'll re-post the video here:

Notice that in the first five minutes it gives you easy ways to take out the "off the shelf" drones the police are using. 1) Their radio frequency can be jammed. 2) Their software can be hacked. These two methods only work if your adversary uses the most popular drone infrastructure. Think "Microsoft Windows for Drones." For those who build their own drones, those methods won't work. Then there's 3) high powered lasers (can be defeated by reflective surfaces on the drone) 4) EMP weapons (can be defeated by copper tape), 5) Nets fired from other drones (these drones are going to be slower and less maneuverable than their targets) and 6) Using a fast drone's kinetic energy to knock another drone out of the sky (basically like a falcon).

Methods 5 and 6 require you to, you guessed it, have your own drones. This is simply the new world we live in. Embrace the cactus as Mel Gibson once told Robert Downy Jr. As someone who loves martial arts I can fantasize all day about what the world would be like if gunpowder had never been invented. But guess what? It's here! Embrace the cactus. For a free society from the 12th to the 20th century, non government actors needed to own guns. For a free society in the 21st century, non government actors need to own drones. And not simply "off the shelf" drones. Non government actors need to build their own that are hardened against methods 1 - 4 of the simplest counter measures and have their own capability for methods 5 and 6. A resistance against tyranny doesn't just need guns, it wont just need drones, it will need drone factories.

FWIW:
    In March, the Alaska Supreme Court held in State v. McKelvey that the Alaska Constitution required law enforcement to obtain a warrant before photographing a private backyard from an aircraft. In this case, the police took photographs of Mr. McKelvey’s property, including the constitutionally protected curtilage area, from a small aircraft using a zoom lens.

In arguing that Mr. McKelvey did not have a reasonable expectation of privacy, the government raised various factors which have been used to justify warrantless surveillance in other jurisdictions. These included the ubiquity of small aircrafts flying overhead in Alaska; the commercial availability of the camera and lens; the availability of aerial footage of the land elsewhere; and the alleged unobtrusive nature of the surveillance.

In response, the Court divorced the ubiquity and availability of the technology from whether people would reasonably expect the government to use it to spy on them. The Court observed that the fact the government spent resources to take photos demonstrates that whatever available images were insufficient for law enforcement needs. Also, the inability or unlikelihood the spying was detected adds to, not detracts from, its pernicious nature because “if the surveillance technique cannot be detected, then one can never fully protect against being surveilled.”

Throughout its analysis, the Alaska Supreme Court demonstrated a grounded understanding of modern technology—as well as its future—and its effect on privacy rights. At the outset, the Court pointed out that one might think that this warrantless aerial surveillance was not a significant threat to privacy rights because "aviation gas is expensive, officers are busy, and the likelihood of detecting criminal activity with indiscriminate surveillance flights is low." However, the Court added pointedly, “the rise of drones has the potential to change that equation." We made similar arguments and are glad to see that courts are taking the threat seriously.

This is a significant victory for Alaskans and their privacy rights, and stands in contrast to a couple of U.S. Supreme Court cases from the 1980s, Ciraolo v. California and Florida v. Riley. In those cases, the justices found no violation of the federal constitution for aerial surveillance from low-flying manned aircrafts. But there have been seismic changes in the capabilities of surveillance technology since those decisions, and courts should consider these developments rather than merely applying precedents uncritically.

With this decision, Alaska joins California, Hawaii, and Vermont in finding that warrantless aerial surveillance violates their state’s constitutional prohibition of unreasonable search and seizure. Other courts should follow suit to ensure that privacy rights do not fall victim to the advancement of technology.
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2024/0...eriously-other