Thread: NYPD to revoke Trump's concealed carry permit due to conviction.

NYPD to revoke Trump's concealed carry permit due to conviction.

NYPD to Revoke Donald Trump’s Concealed Carry Permit Because of Felony Convictions

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...y-convictions/

The NYPD is preparing to revoke Donald Trump’s concealed carry permit following the numerous felony convictions handed down by the jury last week.

CNN reported the permit was actually suspended on April 1, 2023, following Trump’s indictment on various charges. The NYPD will now move beyond mere suspension, revoking the permit altogether.

The New York Times noted, “Under federal law and state law in New York and Florida, people with felony convictions are barred from possessing a firearm.”

A investigation into the matter is underway by the NYPD and it is anticipated that Trump’s permit will be revoked once it ends. However, Trump “has the right to file a challenge to the move.”

Trump is permitted to carry three specific handguns, two of which were surrendered to the NYPD on March 31, 2023. The third one was “was lawfully moved to Florida,” according to senior law enforcement official.

CBS News noted that Trump was convicted on 34 felony counts last week. Both his poll numbers and contributions to his campaign have risen since the convictions.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like a great reason to repeal any and all laws barring convicted “felons” from owning or carrying firearms. One bogus conviction and there go your rights.

Of course, nobody should be complying with those bogus laws in the first place, so …
    Last edited by CCTelander; 06-05-2024 at 08:42 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

He also won't be able to travel to 38 countries abroad as a convicted felon.

Funny the NYPD did this knowing there are felons on the street carrying guns.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

They should have taken it first and done the due process later
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

ROTFL!

Touche!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·