Thread: Still after January 6ers

Still after January 6ers

https://x.com/SeditionHunters/status...17890408689887

From the Democrap Underground:

A relative of mine, by marriage, was in D.C. on J6 for the rally.

They went radio silent for a few days after the insurrection. Husband has combed through photos looking for them. If he sees them, he's going to turn them in. Will cause quite a stink in the family if he does. Hopefully this person had enough brains not to go IN the Capitol.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100219010280

The Sedition Hunters stand firmly on the side of protecting democracy by trying to prevent the rioters from escaping the law. Still, that a group of online vigilantes have so much power––in some cases beyond the abilities of the FBI––should raise eyebrows.

The Sedition Hunters’ analysis of social media posts is fairly anodyne. Where the Sedition Hunters go further is in using PimEyes, a controversial facial recognition software. Individuals upload a photograph of someone’s face to the service, then PimEyes analyzes it and compares it against a database with almost one billion photographs. (Enter a photo of yourself here if you’re curious what they’ve collected on you, but we can almost guarantee that you won’t like what you find.)

Anyone can appear in the database, as the images have been pulled from the internet without the original poster’s knowledge. In seconds, PimEyes can turn any internet user into an FBI agent running sophisticated facial recognition software, and privacy protections are all but nonexistent. Users can even set up alerts so that they can be notified whenever a new photograph of a particular person is posted on the internet.

The technology is highly controversial, and rightfully so. A similar company, Clearview AI, scraped more than 3 billion photos and videos from the internet by 2019 and created their own facial recognition database. Marketing to law enforcement, they sold their product to more than 600 agencies in America. Clearly, they had created something extremely powerful, yet at no point did they face scrutiny from regulators or have to worry about privacy protections. There is nothing preventing a company from downloading every photograph or video of a person’s face on the internet, creating a private database, powering it with advanced facial recognition technology, and releasing it to the world. Every time someone posts a photo to Facebook, they’re unwittingly building out their facial recognition profile.

Are the Sedition Hunters heroes or criminals?

PimEyes eases the Sedition Hunters’ work, but it may complicate their legacy. Openly-accessible facial recognition technology is aiding law enforcement in this instance, but it could threaten any semblance of privacy in years to come. An early investor in Clearview told the New York Times “I’ve come to the conclusion that because information constantly increases, there’s never going to be privacy… Laws have to determine what’s legal, but you can’t ban technology. Sure, that might lead to a dystopian future or something, but you can’t ban it.”

Maybe you can’t ban it, but you can absolutely regulate it. In Europe, the ??General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) established sweeping guidelines on how data can be handled, and promised significantly greater oversight. The United States should consider its own comprehensive data regulations to establish clear limitations on how private citizens and public entities can use personal data.

https://rdi.org/articles/who-are-the-sedition-hunters/
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

-In the voice of Sir David Attenborough

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it's the FBI, so maybe they just want to have gay sex with them.
    WHAT THE F*** DID YOU THINK​ WAS GOING TO HAPPEN???

I wonder when these vandals and insurrectionists are going to be arrested.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1798408936741126626

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post

https://x.com/SeditionHunters/status...17890408689887
    I know a couple of those guys. I wonder how much the FBI is paying.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Technology like PimEyes truly frightens me. You don’t even know how many pictures you pop up in online. Old newspaper clippings, your family posting pictures on Facebook, yearbooks, etc.

The Founders really should have gone beyond the 4th Amendment and clearly defined privacy rights. I don’t care so much about deepfake or AI voice stuff (it’s kind of fun to play with), but this Big Brother crap absolutely needs to go.

I would argue that even with a warrant it shouldn’t exist.

Seems like the FBI hasn't found any of these people because several of them might be CIA operatives.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Seems like the FBI hasn't found any of these people because several of them might be CIA operatives.
    Something like that. Like the mysterious pipe bomber.
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

-In the voice of Sir David Attenborough

Maybe you can’t ban it, but you can absolutely regulate it.
    Oh, that's great ... just great ...

"Here's a problem - so let's give governments more power to 'do something' about it."

The same governments that already massively abuse the power they already have.

What could go wrong?

Case in point ↓↓↓ (the answer to AF's speculation is, of course, "they won't").

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I wonder when these vandals and insurrectionists are going to be arrested.

https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1798408936741126626
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Let's face it.

January 6th was horrendous and wrong.

You don't do that. Not unless you're really going to back it up and overthrow the government for good reason.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    The Founders really should have gone beyond the 4th Amendment and clearly defined privacy rights. I don’t care so much about deepfake or AI voice stuff (it’s kind of fun to play with), but this Big Brother crap absolutely needs to go.
    The Bill of Rights properly applies only to the federal government, not to individuals or private groups (like these self-styled "sedition hunters").

But it doesn't really matter anyway, because the feds simply don't give a damn.

"My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the government in significant ways."

Just replace the "First" in that quote with "Fourth" (or "Second" [1], or "Fifth", or [fill-in-the-blank]).

[1] THREAD: NYC - judge says 2A doesn't exist in her courtroom