Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUMP FOUND GUILTY ON 34 FELONY CHARGES

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    While he didn't, who cares if would have attacked the jury? A jury let OJ walk and did it because his victims were white. Jurors aren't sacred and this Trump jury were idiots. There were two lawyers on that jury and they know better but voted guilty because they hate Trump. Anything goes to get Trump because TDS is that bad.
    https://x.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1796337213942157458

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Even before the jury instructions, the trial was controversial for both liberal and conservative commentators. At the start of closing arguments, most honest observers were still wondering what the prosecutors were alleging as to the crime that Trump was allegedly concealing with the falsification of business records.

First, the judge has ruled that the jury does not have to agree on what actually occurred in the case. Merchan ruled that the government had vaguely referenced three possible crimes that constitute the “unlawful means” used to influence the election: a federal election violation, the falsification of business records, and a tax violation. The jurors were told that they could split on what occurred, with four jurors accepting each of the three possible crimes in a 4-4-4 split. The court would still consider that a unanimous verdict so long as they agree that it was in furtherance of some crime.

Second, the judge said that he would instruct the jury on the law but then omitted the key elements that established there was no federal campaign violation. Indeed, the blocked legal expert, Ben Smith, the former chair of the Federal Election Commission, was going to testify that this could not have been a federal election violation. Moreover, even if Trump’s legal settlement money could be viewed as a federal campaign contribution, it could not have been part of a conspiracy to influence the election since any reporting of a contribution would have had to occur after the election.

Third, not only can the jury disagree as to what occurred, but one of the three crimes is so circular as to produce vertigo in the jury room. The prosecutors zapped a dead misdemeanor back into life by claiming a violation under New York’s election law 17-152. The argument is that the crime was committed to further another crime as an unlawful means to influence the election. However, that other crime can be the falsification of business records. So the jury (or some jurors, at least) could find that some documents were falsified as an unlawful means of falsifying other documents.

https://jonathanturley.org/2024/05/3...se-in-the-bag/
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

-In the voice of Sir David Attenborough

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It wasn't a show trial or kangaroo court. I have no doubt in my mind that Trump was guilty of what they accused him of. What you should be arguing is selective prosecution for political reasons. Others get away with what Trump every single day. The democrats wanted to make a Trump a convicted felon and they did. Trump has been commiting crimes and all sorts of crooked deals like this since the 70's. When he decided to go into politics he had to know it would come back to bit him in the ass and it did.

All the polling shows Trump loses support support from independents and even Republicans now that he is a felon. The race is so tight that all he needs to lose is say 10,000 in a few swing states and it's over. He no longer has a path to victory. He should step aside now because just about any other Republican can beat Biden.
    You should take your own advice, nobody believes a damn word you just wrote.
    "The Patriarch"

She is definitely one of Satan's minions. Evil to the core.
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

All I can say is, if he actually ends up being removed from the ballot and doesn't get re-elected, I'll be very disappointed in our resident conspiracy theorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    Good luck with that one, after this convection they will go after the independent candidates.

This wasnt about Trump its about sending a message to anyone going agaisnt "The Current Que"
    Underrated comment.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Excellent point. We must devise a device to measure evil. As the person who has proposed this measure, we can name the scale OBs. I propose the scale go from -9 to infinity. I will consult with corporate metrology to examine options, and we can submit for government grants by next year.
    Maybe a Nolan Chart for evilness.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I mean, it's better than trial-by-underwear-hammer-fight...
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Yeah but how does that help Trump get elected? The Trumpkins will follow him off a cliff like lemmings. Independents aren't going to vote for a convicted felon for president.
    Trump leads Biden 54% to 42% among independent voters nationwide: NPR/PBS/Marist poll
    Notably, in the five-way race Trump and Biden are tied for non-white support at 41 percent.
    https://thepostmillennial.com/trump-...bs-marist-poll

I just donated $300k to Trump

I just donated $300k to Trump. I’m prepared to lose friends. Here’s why.

Back in 2016 I had drunk the media Kool-Aid and was scared out of my mind about Trump. As such I donated to Hilary Clinton’s campaign and voted for her.

By 2020 I was disillusioned and didn’t vote – I didn’t like either option.

Now, in 2024, I believe this is one of the most important elections of my lifetime, and I’m supporting Trump.

https://x.com/shaunmmaguire/status/1796293774794268747
    Last edited by dannno; 05-30-2024 at 10:08 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Excellent point. We must devise a device to measure evil. As the person who has proposed this measure, we can name the scale OBs. I propose the scale go from -9 to infinity. I will consult with corporate metrology to examine options, and we can submit for government grants by next year.
    While this trial has been going on, I was following another one that also had a guilty verdict today. In that one, the perps created a light/dark scale by which they measured people. The big problem with that was if they got dark enough they were zombies and had to be killed to set their souls free. It's too bad they weren't rating Schiff, Pelosi, Swalwell, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    That would depend on who got their skull smashed in.

I know it ruins the joke but could you explain that? I only know that Fukuyama is a neocon and I'd think he'd be celebrating.

In a Trump dictatorship, I would be in favor of outlawing the phrase, "our democracy".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://x.com/TRHLofficial/status/1796389917012197760
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I know it ruins the joke but could you explain that? I only know that Fukuyama is a neocon and I'd think he'd be celebrating.
    Took me a minute. Fukuyama wrote an infamous book called "The End of History". Today in the media, especially on the left, every one was saying they made history today...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    I love how they grab around the word "Democracy" yet look what has happened in Georgie "Country" they arent showing that.

Democracy means our control

https://x.com/TRHLofficial/status/1796389917012197760
    Well I cant say that Redheaded isnt wrong.

Look at what is happening with the Video Game Cluture and Cluture war currently.

This is one war slowly the Right are slowly getting back to it and undertanding the importance.

But look what is happening currently.

ESG,BRIDGE,DEI, EDI.
    Call it what you want. They are pushing the LGBT+ nonsense not because they care about LGBT or something.

Some say its connected to BlackRock.

Good
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Good
    How is this Good?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    How is this Good?
    I don't need a king
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't need a king
    Well this isnt about a king, by putting Trump in Jail. They will go after others..

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FTA (all emphasis in the original): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_En...d_the_Last_Man

The End of History and the Last Man is a 1992 book of political philosophy by American political scientist Francis Fukuyama which argues that with the ascendancy of Western liberal democracy—which occurred after the Cold War (1945–1991) and the dissolution of the Soviet Union (1991)—humanity has reached "not just ... the passing of a particular period of post-war history, but the end of history as such: That is, the end-point of mankind's ideological evolution and the universalization of Western liberal democracy as the final form of human government."

This has got to be the end of Trump. He is now a convicted felon.
    Dream on.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah but how does that help Trump get elected? The Trumpkins will follow him off a cliff like lemmings. Independents aren't going to vote for a convicted felon for president.
    Even leftists are calling foul and many people who said they wouldn't vote for Trump are saying they will in response.
    There was a huge bump in Trump's polls and drop in Brandon's.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    Why, because the jurors sat in court for weeks listening to all the mountains of evidence against him, and then reached an obvious conclusion?
    LOL

I didn't think even the leftist trolls here would dare to gaslight like this.

Everything in the trial points to no crime and to Trump's innocence if there was one.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    Yes, the problem is, we all know Trump did it, yet he's still denying it. That's part of his grifter personality. Even Clinton admitted his deeds when caught.
    Nobody "knows Trump did it" because it was proven at trial that he didn't.
    It's a lie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

A real moron take again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast