Thread: Trump's choice for VP?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With so many Israel-firsters to choose from, and the way they are elevated to the top of the list,
    it's not hard to figure out the priority here.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Polling Republicans only on this is a mistake. They're going to vote for Trump anyway. Who do independent voters like? From what I've seen it's not Ron Desantis.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You can count on Trump picking someone who is diametrically opposed to his alleged populist beliefs.

Whatever those beliefs are at this very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    You can count on Trump picking someone who is diametrically opposed to his alleged populist beliefs.

Whatever those beliefs are at this very moment.
    Another Pence?

Tuppence?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Another Pence?

Tuppence?
    A perfect 4D Trump move would be:

John Huntsman Jr

Mormon/Zionist in the Glenn Beck tradition
    Globalist
    Russia hater
    China hater by day, China collaborator at night
    Billionaire
    Never-Trumper

He would be perfect!

An easy way to narrow this list down to what's actually possible is to remove everyone who has ever said anything bad about Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

DeSantis won't do it. Things are going too well for him in Florida to get dragged down with Trump. Haley is on the outs with Trump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    An easy way to narrow this list down to what's actually possible is to remove everyone who has ever said anything bad about Trump.
    I disagree.

Trump is a feckless narcissist who seems to value present sycophancy over prior disparagement, especially when doing so can be exploited to present himself in a flattering light - such as by presenting himself as a magnanimous "uniter" who doesn't hold grudges. He certainly doesn't have any principles upon which to base such decisions, so all bets are off, and anyone who bends the knee and kisses his ass enough (whether in good faith or not) is in the running.

Making DeSantis your running mate would be stupid since you’d have to find a replacement governor. Good luck finding a replacement GOP voters in Florida would accept.

I nominate Swordsmyth. He’s the perfect choice. Plus, it gets him out of OUR hair.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I disagree.

Trump is a feckless narcissist who seems to value present sycophancy over prior disparagement, especially when doing so can be exploited to present himself in a flattering light - such as by presenting himself as a magnanimous "uniter" who doesn't hold grudges. He certainly doesn't have any principles upon which to base such decisions, so all bets are off, and anyone who bends the knee and kisses his ass enough (whether in good faith or not) is in the running.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right. He places more value on loyalty than anything else. To me, one of his biggest negatives is that it doesn’t appear to me anyway that he understands constitutional principles at all. He needs Rand close by. I was hoping in the last 4 years, he could have been reached to educate him,when he had off time off from being high-stepped.

It is sad that our country is where it is, but it is.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Ben the Brain Surgeon Carson.
    I actually like him. Maybe I missed something, but he seemed to have decent principles and wasn’t sold out.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I actually like him. Maybe I missed something, but he seemed to have decent principles and wasn’t sold out.
    I think that Carson is a better person than I had originally estimated.

With that said, I think his tenure at HHS could be characterized as "low energy" in the Trump definition of the word.

Agreed. That is why I picked him from the list.

Wasn't Ben Carson the name used by a guy in the Good, The bad, and the ugly?
    Maybe that can be The Trump Ticket. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. He places more value on loyalty than anything else. To me, one of his biggest negatives is that it doesn’t appear to me anyway that he understands constitutional principles at all. He needs Rand close by. I was hoping in the last 4 years, he could have been reached to educate him,when he had off time off from being high-stepped.

It is sad that our country is where it is, but it is.
    Just exactly so.

And the irony of it is that Trump, who operates with no principles, and though it's not a high bar, still manages to be better than Biden (or rather, Biden's handlers), who operate with bad principles.

Having no principles, Trump is apt to occasionally say or (try to) do the right thing (or at least the not-as-bad thing), even if only accidentally. Nothing done by the progressive leftists (or their cynical and opportunistic would-be manipulators, like Biden, Pelosi, et al.) is done by accident.

Wasn't Ben Carson the name used by a guy in the Good, The bad, and the ugly?
    Yes, it was. (He's the guy who buried the gold.)

Maybe that can be The Trump Ticket. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
    Tuco (aka "the Ugly") happens to be my favorite character in any movie ever.

Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez for President!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    I nominate Swordsmyth. He’s the perfect choice. Plus, it gets him out of OUR hair.

yesssssss

Is there any VP candidate who's not an Izraeli Firster?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    If I was VP I could post my daily avg here no sweat.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Lifetime freedom index for rubio , vance and scott are 66, 80 and 68 which makes byron donalds 93 and even ben carson look much better to me. Stefanik is a solid F grade at 48. I could do better than 48 voting on bills I hadnt read while taking a shower.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Is there any VP candidate who's not an Izraeli Firster?
    None that Trump would consider.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)