Thread: RIP Scott (A Son of Liberty)

RIP Scott (A Son of Liberty)

I just got the news from his mother that Scott (A Son of Liberty) died a few days ago of an apparent heart attack. I don’t know his family well, or at all really, I never even learned his last name, but he and I have spent MANY pleasant hours talking and arguing on the phone over the last year or so. We had been making -lans to meet up irl but that, sadly will now never happen.

That’s about all the info I have. I know he had also been in touch with a few other members here. Hopefully one of them knows more.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Wait. Is he the guy with the glass of Guinness avatar? I loved his posts. Damn! RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Wait. Is he the guy with the glass of Guinness avatar? I loved his posts. Damn! RIP.

That’s the guy.

I should probably mention that he had just lost his father and his step-father within a month or so of each other and was having a tough time with that. Also, he was 48.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Damn. That's terrible news - especially coming "out of the blue" like this.

My condolences to his mother & family.

Just ... damn. I don't know what else to say.

ASoL will definitely be missed here. He was one of my favorite posters.

Damn.

Holy cow, that was out of nowhere. Scott and I enjoyed burgers and wings together and he seemed fit as a fiddle. He never mentioned anything preexisting between the arguing and all of the laughing. He's going to missed for sure.

RIP, Scott. If you end up in heaven, make sure to visit purgatory on the weekends just to let loose a little.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Holy cow, that was out of nowhere. Scott and I enjoyed burgers and wings together and he seemed fit as a fiddle. He never mentioned anything preexisting between the arguing and all of the laughing. He's going to missed for sure.

RIP, Scott. If you end up in heaven, make sure to visit purgatory on the weekends just to let loose a little.

He was having some problems with neuropathy but wasn’t aware of any heart issues that I know of. Hell, he just had a thorough medical work over about a month ago to get to the bottom of the neurological thing. This really did come out of the blue.
    Chris

Chris

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    RIP

It sure seems as if a lot of us are going away.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    That’s the guy.

I should probably mention that he had just lost his father and his step-father within a month or so of each other and was having a tough time with that. Also, he was 48.
    Wow. Bummer. Far too young. RIP.

Never underestimate the stress that deaths in the family can put on a person.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

@Anti Federalist I don't know if you saw this but I do know that you and Scott have had at least a few real life conversations and figured you'd appreciate a heads up.
    Chris

bump for anyone who hasn't seen this yet.
    Chris

Damn.

Proud to have known you, Scott.

Sad news.

May his rewards and gifts be everlasting.

RIP.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

@Anti Federalist I don't know if you saw this but I do know that you and Scott have had at least a few real life conversations and figured you'd appreciate a heads up.
    Thanks, we did.

I'm feeling like a complete and utter $#@! heel right now.

I knew nothing about his dad and stepbrother passing away, but I just looked back on my phone data to confirm that he called me near the end of March.

We played phone tag back and forth, and then, as often happens, one of us or both of us gave up.

I suspect now that he may have been calling to tell me about his dad and stepdad.

And that I should have been more attentive.

Maybe one more sympathetic ear might have relieved enough stress for this to not have happened.

Oh hell...rest in peace brother...
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thanks, we did.

I'm feeling like a complete and utter $#@! heel right now.

I knew nothing about his dad and stepbrother passing away, but I just looked back on my phone data to confirm that he called me near the end of March.

We played phone tag back and forth, and then, as often happens, one of us or both of us gave up.

I suspect now that he may have been calling to tell me about his dad and stepdad.

Maybe one more sympathetic ear might have relieved enough stress for this to not have happened.

Oh hell...rest in peace brother...

Brother, $#@! like that happens. You shoulder no blame. I talked to Scotty on April 20th and, while he was still down about things he seemed to be pulling out of it. My dad passed several years ago and I'm STILL not really over it. Scotty and I talked about that $#@! a lot, between political arguments.

Don't blame yourself. Honor his passing and remember him. Personally, I'm knocking back more than just a few in his memory.

Give me a call and we can talk.
    Chris

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brother, $#@! like that happens. You shoulder no blame. I talked to Scotty on April 20th and, while he was still down about things he seemed to be pulling out of it. My dad passed several years ago and I'm STILL not really over it. Scotty and I talked about that $#@! a lot, between political arguments.

Don't blame yourself. Honor his passing and remember him. Personally, I'm knocking back more than just a few in his memory.

Give me a call and we can talk.
    Maybe I will later today, thanks.

I really do feel like absolute $#@! over this...what a damn shame.

Did he ever mention to you if he had been forced to take one of those goddamn COVID jabs?

I seem to recall he was being forced to do it, but I can't quite recall if he did or not.

This would have been over two years ago I guess.

ETA - If you talk to any of his family or his lady again, please pass along my condolences.

I'll try myself later, and see if anybody is still answering his phone.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-30-2024 at 08:20 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Maybe I will later today, thanks.

I really do feel like absolute $#@! over this...what a damn shame.

Did he ever mention to you if he had been forced to take one of those goddamn COVID jabs?

I seem to recall he was being forced to do it, but I can't quite recall if he did or not.

This would have been over two years ago I guess.

Yes, he did take an initial vaccine (not sure which version), but no boosters.

Would not surprise me if that was a factor.
    Chris

Yes, he did take an initial vaccine (not sure which version), but no boosters.

Would not surprise me if that was a factor.
    I'm seriously sick of watching Bill Gates' time bombs go off one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm seriously sick of watching Bill Gates' time bombs go off one by one.

Me too.
    Chris

My condolences. RIJ (rest in Jesus).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Rest in peace .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    My condolences. RIJ (rest in Jesus).

He’d appreciate that. He was a believer. It’s one of the things we used to “discuss” at length. Our very different viewpoints on the matter never seemed to affect our friendship.
    Chris

Stop it. Please, just stop.

You're a good man. Good men always ask that question. But damn it, don't you see how that's one of the main things this massive psyop hinges on?

Don't you see how that buys them the time to finish what they started?

The human system is designed to take shocks like that. We never needed to coddle each other this hard before. Bill Gates and Anthony Fauci took that away from too many of us. Donnie Trump and Joey Biden killed our friend, not you.

What we need to do is stop playing the fools for them and get mad as hell.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just came across this post from March while looking for something else, and, well ... damn:

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    If y'all don't hear from me after April, just know that it was a helluva ride...
    I think he'd get a kick out of it, though, now that he doesn't have to put up with any more of the bull$#@! of it all.

Rest in peace, man. You are missed.

(← that's for us, not for Scott)

One of my favorite posters here. RIP.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his