Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trump Endorses the Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Remember when Lee and Rand lied to us and campaigned on term limits, then decided they love the swamp and will stay in office forever.
    So, you think the good ones should fall on their swords just to protest the fact that the bad ones won't? You think that's a matter of principle?

Keep trying to convince us to shoot ourselves in the feet. It's enlightening...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, you think the good ones should fall on their swords just to protest the fact that the bad ones won't? You think that's a matter of principle?

Keep trying to convince us to shoot ourselves in the feet. It's enlightening...
    I think this forum for liberty candidates should hold liberty candidates accountable. I was there for Rand's first campaign when he literally said paraphrasing "give me 2 terms to drain the swamp and at the end I'll leave office". Then after endorsing Mitch McConnell again and again, Rand runs for a third term. It's clear to me Rand has changed, he has settled into the swamp and likes it there, he'll probably be 80+ like McConnell before he leaves. Instead, he could have left office and passed the torch to a new liberty candidate.

Rand plays the swamp endorsement game too. But go on and make excuses for him. Threads like this talking about Trump all day every day while ignoring the liberty candidates we helped elect and making excuses for them is hypocrisy. And calling out the hypocrisy is not "irrational Trump love".
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Rand plays the swamp endorsement game too.
    Wake me up when he does that despite a liberty candidate being in the race. Until then I'll be marking this up to having all the intellectual and moral weight of a child on the playground yelling, "I know you are but what am I?!"

Wake me up when he does that despite a liberty candidate being in the race. Until then I'll be marking this up to having all the intellectual and moral weight of a child on the playground yelling, "I know you are but what am I?!"
    He's also very couchy about foreign policy. Sure sign it would be Swamp 2.0
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    He's also very couchy about foreign policy.
    Who is?

You don't even know what the swamp is man. Hung Cao has never held public office, is a refugee from Vietnam, and dedicated his life to the Navy, retired in 2021.
    Just keep reposting bull$#@! and never back up anything with a rational explanation of why a candidate is good or bad.
    More on Trump's endorsed candidate, Hung Cao:

Robert Landrum thought he was supporting Republicans in Virginia’s statehouse elections that year, when he donated $500 to a federal super PAC in April 2023.

The super PAC, Unleash America, had one stated goal: To get Republicans elected during Virginia’s 2023 statehouse contests to support Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s agenda.

“That’s how he represented the PAC. That’s what he said,” Landrum said in a phone interview with USA Today.

He was referring to the PAC’s then “honorary chairman,” Hung Cao, a failed 2022 Congressional candidate from northern Virginia.

Cao, a retired Navy captain and, according to his LinkedIn page, a current employee of CACI International which regularly contracts with the U.S. Government, announced his PAC on a local radio talk show in February 2023. He pledged that Unleash America would support Republicans in 2023 in “a lot of the races that people wrote off."
    On radio shows and in news articles in early 2023 Cao repeated his motivation for championing the PAC: To support Virginia Republicans seeking local and state-level office. His stated goal was to help to deliver a Republican General Assembly majority in November to support Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s legislative efforts.

He made that pledge on The Wilkow Majority and Richmond’s Morning News with John Reid on February 2, 2023. And again, in an article that ran in The Dispatch on February 4, 2023. And again, in another article that ran in the Washington Examiner on February 7, 2023. And people listened.

Unleash America super PAC received $103,489 in individual contributions last year, according to Federal Election Commission filings.

In November, Republicans lost the House of Delegates in Virginia. They failed to flip the Senate. Was all that money raised by Unleash America spent in vain?

No. It doesn’t look like Unleash American spent any money at all to support Virginia's 2023 candidates.
    Do Unleash America’s FEC filings for 2023 tell the story of a Super PAC built to support state candidates? “Really, quite the opposite it would seem,” wrote Brendan Glavin, Deputy Research Director for OpenSecrets, a nonprofit out of Washington, D.C. that tracks campaign finance information. “The spending is focused on fundraising.”

Ghosh called the expenditures on Unleash America’s FEC filings “operating expenses.”

Analysis of Unleash America’s expenditures shows no support of any kind, in-kind or otherwise, for Virginia’s Republican candidates, though that’s what Cao promised his PAC would do, over and over in 2023.
    Much more at link: https://www.newsleader.com/story/new...t/73264487007/

Cao, a retired Navy captain and, according to his LinkedIn page, a current employee of CACI International which regularly contracts with the U.S. Government
    More on CACI, a Top 30 US Federal Contractor:

CACI provides services to many branches of the US federal government including defense,[5][6] homeland security, intelligence,[7] and healthcare.[8]
    As of April 2024, an Alexandria, Virginia federal civil jury was deliberating whether to hold CACI liable for its employees' torture of three Iraqi citizens at Abu Ghraib.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_10...ral_government
    From Hung Cao's website:

The four levers of national power are Diplomacy, Information, Military and Economy (DIME). The Military is the last resort when all else fails. The Biden administration has been feckless in all aspects of DIME and now we need a strong military to keep pace with countries that could threaten our national security. That means developing new technologies in order to remain competitive.

▪Virginia is the home of defense technology development. Fifteen years of Continuing Resolutions have limited our ability to keep pace with China and Russia in technological innovation.
    With four years in the Pentagon defining requirements and budgeting for next generation equipment for our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, I understand the restraints placed on the military defense industry when Congress is unable to pass a budget on time.

A strong national defense can and should also mean vibrant economic development. Good jobs in research, development, testing, manufacturing, all right here in Virginia.
    https://www.hungforva.com/foreign-policy/

Draining the Swamp by supporting MIC candidates...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I think this forum for liberty candidates should hold liberty candidates accountable.
    That is not what this forum is for. But it does include holding any and all* candidates accountable, including Trump.

* With the exception of sub-forums dedicated to Forum endorsed candidates such as Rand Paul or Thomas Massie. It is not a forum to rip apart our own candidates at every turn.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-18-2024 at 09:50 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

From Hung Cao's website:

I can work with that. I looked into the super PAC "controversy" and it appears to be a nothing burger, a democrat attack that misrepresents the facts. It only raised pennys in context, $100k, they bought an advertising email list and some ad research, but it doesn't even raise enough funds to sustain any operations. Saying none was sent to other candidates is wrong because Super Pacs are prohibited from sending their money to candidates directly and prohibited from coordinating with other campaigns. Focusing on a handful of donors that feel misled is not convincing at all since it is pervasive in politics and people don't understand the rules. For example, millions were donated to Stop the Steal, and almost none of it was spent on that objective.

His ties to the MIC are concerning I give you that, any candidate running in Virginia probably has some of that due to the military manufacturing hubs. Whether Cao is swamp or not swamp is inconclusive at this point.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    His ties to the MIC are concerning I give you that, any candidate running in Virginia probably has some of that due to the military manufacturing hubs. Whether Cao is swamp or not swamp is inconclusive at this point.
    His own website says that his priority is passing spending for the MIC. Pretty clear that he won't be holding out for spending cuts or threatening a govt "shutdown". He'll vote yes the minute the firm of Schumer, Johnson, McConnell and Jeffries put it in front of him.

I understand the restraints placed on the military defense industry when Congress is unable to pass a budget on time.

His own website says that his priority is passing spending for the MIC. Pretty clear that he won't be holding out for spending cuts or threatening a govt "shutdown". He'll vote yes the minute the firm of Schumer, Johnson, McConnell and Jeffries put it in front of him.
    Now that Putin is in North Korea giving them a security guarantee, Trump's dreams of beachfront condos are snuffed.
    Oh well, at least there's still Gaza...
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

From Hung Cao's website:

Another big Trump victory...

https://x.com/ScottTParkinson/status...69077210656988

Republicans be like...

... but never stop to ask if the prize is a dump truck full of $#@!.

Did you know that Trump is working on a deal with Miriam Adelson for at least $100 Million to his campaign if he will support the dissolution of Palestine completely? The Trump policy towards Gaza will be written by Jared Kushner and Lubavich rabbis. Gaza will go to Israel, West Bank will go to Israel, a buffer zone in Southern Lebanon will be marked for Israel, and the Golan Heights which is Syrian land (already recognized as Israeli by Trump) will be settled and militarized by Zionists. Palestine will die. That's the Trump plan.

Did you know that Trump is working on a deal with Miriam Adelson for at least $100 Million to his campaign if he will support the dissolution of Palestine completely? The Trump policy towards Gaza will be written by Jared Kushner and Lubavich rabbis. Gaza will go to Israel, West Bank will go to Israel, a buffer zone in Southern Lebanon will be marked for Israel, and the Golan Heights which is Syrian land (already recognized as Israeli by Trump) will be settled and militarized by Zionists. Palestine will die. That's the Trump plan.
    You’d have to be blind not to see that has been the plan for a long time, with Netanyahu taking the lead for decades.

And Trump has been fully turned. MIGA.

Now Trump is endorsing the never-Trump "moderate" Republicans...

https://x.com/realericmoutsos/status...28048485728673

https://x.com/USAB4L/status/1803625444106703319

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now Trump is endorsing the never-Trump "moderate" Republicans...

https://x.com/realericmoutsos/status...28048485728673

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Of course the simplest and most probable answer is that Trump is now completely co-opted and surrounded by neoconservatives and swamp creatures.

Of course the simplest and most probable answer is that Trump is now completely co-opted and surrounded by neoconservatives and swamp creatures.
    Nonsense!

Trust the plan.

Nonsense.
    You have nothing but your wild speculation.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Nonsense.
    And you have nothing but your blind faith. Faith which has to be blind if you can't see Celeste Maloy.

And you have nothing but your blind faith. Faith which has to be blind if you can't see Celeste Maloy.
    I have Trump's record in office and all his statements on this war and how Netanyahu is conducting it.

Trump wants peace in the region.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have Trump's record in office and all his statements on this war and how Netanyahu is conducting it.

Trump wants peace in the region.
    He wants the same Carthaginian peace that Netanyahu wants.

You have a record in office which shows he didn't get one single war shut down before his term ended, which you have to make lame excuses for constantly.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-20-2024 at 03:58 AM.

He wants the same Carthaginian peace that Netanyahu wants.

You have a record in office which shows he didn't get one single war shut down before his term ended, which you have to make lame excuses for constantly.
    That's a blatant lie and you know it.
    He ended Afghanistan, and he withdrew from Somalia.

And he wants the war ended and has criticized Netanyahu about how he's conducting the war, you're just making up garbage, like you always do.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a blatant lie and you know it. He ended Afghanistan...
    ...which is how Biden was able to botch the pullout from Afghanistan, of course. You really don't seem to value reality any more than the most rabid Democrat I ever met.

...which is how Biden was able to botch the pullout from Afghanistan, of course. You really don't seem to value reality any more than the most rabid Democrat I ever met.
    Trump made the peace deal.
    That was him ending the war.
    Biden attempting to restart it by botching the withdrawal failed and TRUMP'S withdrawal completed behind schedule.

The peace deal was the shutting down of the war.

You are the one who keeps lying about this.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That was him ending the war.
    Biden attempting to restart it...
    So, in your fevered imagination, there were no U.S. forces in Afghanistan when Biden took office, and he sent some back in.

Got it.

So, in your fevered imagination, there were no U.S. forces in Afghanistan when Biden took office, and he sent some back in.

Got it.
    I didn't say that, I said the war had been ended and and the troops were leaving on Trump's timetable according to Trump's deal that ended the war.

And Biden did send in more troops as part of his attempt to undermine the withdrawal and reignite the war:

Mr. Biden replaced the American drawdown with a buildup of more than 4,000 troops,
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...rump-pullout-/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't think it's that hard to understand Trump's endorsements. Trump doesn't want to have to deal with people in Congress who have principles and who will resist supporting something Trump wants if they believe it goes against those principles. He wants, as much as possible, to have a Congress populated by people who are driven by purely political calculations.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Nonsense.
    It's real. Btw he did a lot for Sheldon Adelson also... appointed Bolton, and recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the Zionist Entity, and recognized the Golan Heights (Syrian land) as Zionist property. Plus he killed Solemani for them, and lots of other things.

I don't know why you have a problem with this. You should be proud to support Israel's predatory schemes if you support Donald Trump.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast