Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Trump says he believes Nikki Haley is going to be "on our team in some form"

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump didn't love Bolton, he used him and never let him have his way on anything.
    He had his way on whether he was appointed or not. And he did things in office, too. Why are you acting like Trump appointed him to office, then spent all his time as president in Bolton's office slapping his hands with a ruler? Nobody in his or her right mind buys that fairy tale.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He had his way on whether he was appointed or not. And he did things in office, too. Why are you acting like Trump appointed him to office, then spent all his time as president in Bolton's office slapping his hands with a ruler? Nobody in his or her right mind buys that fairy tale.
    The position he had held no power.
    Trump had him as an advisor and only had to ignore his advice.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33
    Swordexcuses strikes again!!

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Swordexcuses strikes again!!
    He's got it in overdrive. He's ODing!

  7. #35
    Towards the end of 2016 Trump pretended to have a truce with Chris Christie and later made him "opioid czar" or something like that. For a while, Christie got to feel he was a part of things, but in the end he didn't get to do much and kind of faded away and disappeared - then went back to expressing his contempt for Trump.

    I anticipate that Trump's comment about Nikki Haley was a similar move - just made to stay on the good side of her supporters for the votes - it is politics after all. While I'm somewhat concerned about him making a positive comment about Haley, I don't feel the need to freak out over it yet.

  8. #36
    I wouldn't be surprised if Haley goes right back to being ambassador to the UN again. I don't expect her to get a position any better than that. But she also won't be demoted to something irrelevant either.

    Whoever the SoS is, it's going to be some other war monger globalist. Lindsey Graham comes to mind as a likely candidate.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

  9. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Towards the end of 2016 Trump pretended to have a truce with Chris Christie and later made him "opioid czar" or something like that. For a while, Christie got to feel he was a part of things, but in the end he didn't get to do much and kind of faded away and disappeared - then went back to expressing his contempt for Trump.

    I anticipate that Trump's comment about Nikki Haley was a similar move - just made to stay on the good side of her supporters for the votes - it is politics after all. While I'm somewhat concerned about him making a positive comment about Haley, I don't feel the need to freak out over it yet.
    Then maybe we should try something radical and stop rewarding political games (and the compromises they make inevitable). The DNC kicked RFKJr out of the Democratic Party even though the Kennedy Family is that party's royalty. Give me a better reason to trust Trump than that.

    "He gives Whoopi Goldberg conniptions" just don't cut it. She's paid to entertain you with her conniptions.

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Swordexcuses strikes again!!
    On the one hand I see (other) people argue that the Constitution should be abandoned because this piece of parchment was powerless to stop what has been happening. Then I see excuses made by the dozens for Trump, sometimes by the same people.

    Does it matter if Trump was part and parcel of the whole thing, working hand in glove with Schwab and Gates, or just powerless to stop it? Either way, been there, tried that, didn't work.

  11. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Then maybe we should try something radical and stop rewarding political games (and the compromises they make inevitable). The DNC kicked RFKJr out of the Democratic Party even though the Kennedy Family is that party's royalty. Give me a better reason to trust Trump than that.

    "He gives Whoopi Goldberg conniptions" just don't cut it. She's paid to entertain you with her conniptions.
    "Trust" is a word I would never use towards a politician - but I'm guessing that Trump would do less irreparable damage than Biden AND with champions like Massie and Rand in positions to affect change and pressure Trump, we can win some battles and live to fight another day. That's some improvement over simply voting the lesser of 2 evils and as good as I expect it to get.

    I don't know if the same can be said of RFK because he seems to retain that instinctual democrat need to always come off as “the nicest”, the most caring guy - which leads to stupid, unfair policies. I don't want to see the well-being of American citizens sacrificed so that a politician can look "nice" and feel good about himself while he deals with illegal aliens, Israel, Palestine, or whatever much-lobbied-for group of pains-in-Americans'-asses are crying the loudest at the moment. Could he ever say "NO! Americans come first!” to our most show-cased victims?

    Of course we know Biden's people just plain hate us all and would do anything they can get away with to make our very ideas illegal.

    Honestly, we need Massie and the Pauls to create a separate party revolving around Ron Paul's principles. I don’t see it happening this year, and until it comes my expectations will remain low.

  12. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I don't know if the same can be said of RFK because he seems to retain that instinctual democrat need to always come off as “the nicest”, the most caring guy - which leads to stupid, unfair policies.
    Policies? After getting thrown out of one of the major parties, he's going to be allowed to have policies?

    Dude, if by some miracle we can get him into the White House alive, he's going to be too busy dodging bullets to be nice.



  13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  14. #41
    What role is Niki going to have in Trump admin again?
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

  15. #42
    Nikki Haley writes "Finish them!" on Israeli artillery shells

    https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-...547853de363ba1

    Last edited by Snowball; 05-29-2024 at 12:59 PM.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. NV - Nikki Haley loses to "None of the above" by double digits
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2024, 10:35 AM
  2. Nikki Haley vs. Trump
    By Brian4Liberty in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2023, 09:46 PM
  3. Nikki Haley: Anyone But Trump
    By AuH20 in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-25-2018, 02:16 AM
  4. From Sikh to Christian: "Why I Don't Believe In Nikki Haley's 'Conversion'"
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-22-2018, 07:15 PM
  5. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-28-2017, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •