Thread: President of Iran and other top officials reported missing [Update: Dead] on helo flight

President of Iran and other top officials reported missing [Update: Dead] on helo flight

Iranians Asked to Pray for President Raisi After Helicopter Goes Missing

https://www.breitbart.com/middle-eas...-goes-missing/

JOEL B. POLLAK 19 May 2024

Iranians have been asked to pray for the safety of President Ebrahim Raisi after his helicopter went missing on the way back from a meeting Sunday with President Ilham Aliyev of Azerbaijan.

The helicopter was also carrying Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian, among other officials. It went missing in heavy fog in the mountainous region of northwestern Iran.

The official Fars news agency asked Iranians to pray, according to the Times of Israel:

Authorities have lost contact with the helicopter in which Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi was traveling, according to the Iranian Fars news agency.

Iranian Interior Minister Ahmad Vahidi says authorities are awaiting further details on the search and rescue operation, adding that teams are still on the way to the apparent crash site due to difficult weather conditions.

Fars calls on Iranians to pray for Raisi following the reports.

Earlier Sunday, the Abu Ali Express news blog reported on the meeting between Raisi and Aliyev, saying that it had been “disturbing” from Israel’s point of view, because Azerbaijan has been friendly with Israel until now.

There is no indication of foreign actors playing a role in the crash. Earlier, as Breitbart News reported, U.S. officials had met indirectly with Iranian officials in Oman to discuss ways to avoid a broader regional war.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-19-2024 at 12:28 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Being a professional pilot by trade, believe me when I say that if I were a leader in a turbulent, besieged nation, I would never fly if I didn't have to.

If Mossad did this, $#@! is going to hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Being a professional pilot by trade, believe me when I say that if I were a leader in a turbulent, besieged nation, I would never fly if I didn't have to.
    Hear Hear
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Sh!t is always hitting the fan over there.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It would be worse if the US govt played a role in this to.

dont forget the uniparty both parties had being trying to push the MEK in Iran as the official Iranian opposition..

Iran's President and FM likely dead in helicopter crash

Since the copters were coming from Eastern Azerbaijan, and considering the political and intel operatives in Azerbaijan, it is a somewhat logical conclusion to suspect foul play. Possible from a group with manpads in the forests who were aware of the route to be taken.*
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to Russian sources, the president of Iran, Ebrahim Raisi, is dead. According to the same sources, his helicopter was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile, probably MANPADS.
    There were three helicopters in the presidential convoy. The only thing that didn't make it was the helicopter of the Iranian president. The remaining two landed safely in Tabriz, a large city in northwestern Iran.
    The official IRNA news agency said Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian was among those aboard the helicopter, as were the governor of the province and the region's chief imam.
    Western and Israeli intelligence agencies come to the same assessment regarding the death of E. Raisi. But they report that this happened due to bad weather conditions and perhaps lack of maintenance.
    "Iran's president did not survive the helicopter crash," Israeli media Kann reported, while Israeli Channel 12 reporter Dafna Liel emphasized that "According to assessments by Israeli and Western agencies, Iran's president did not survive."
    "Israel is not related to the crash of the helicopter of the Iranian president. We made it clear through unofficial channels," added meaningfully Israeli officials who spoke to Israel's Channel 13.
    Israel "has nothing to do with the crash of the Iranian President's helicopter", Israeli Channel 13 reports, citing officials.
    — Clash Report (@clashreport) May 19, 2024

Officials in Israel & other unspecified countries estimate: Iranian President Raisi died in helicopter crash? Jerusalem makes it clear via unofficial channels that Israel had nothing to do with the accident. @kann_news & @ynetalerts https://t.co/DbHVFRpYrO
    — Israel Radar (@IsraelRadar_com) May 19, 2024
    Iranian defense and security analyst Farzin Nadimi stressed that helicopters used for high-ranking officials can transmit their exact location in the event of a crash, unless an explosion has disabled all the aircraft's systems, including the emergency system.
    "It is possible that a bomb exploded inside or due to pilot error and insufficient visibility, the helicopter collided with a rock or the top of a hill, resulting in its sudden destruction," he added, noting that all possibilities are open.
    That's why special trucks equipped with cell phone boosters are rushing to the area in hopes of helping with search and rescue communications as well as possible contact with the crash site.
    In the wider area, the 65th Airborne Brigade and the Saberin special forces of the Iranian Guards are deployed to help locate the helicopter.
    Russia and Turkey have said they are ready to help in the search for Iran's president. In fact, Tehran has already asked Ankara for helicopters with night vision equipment for search and rescue operations.
    Ankara is sending a special team of 32 people to assist in the search and rescue as well as 6 vehicles from the Van and Erzurum AFAD provincial offices.
    In addition, mountaineer search and rescue personnel, consisting of 15 people each from Ankara, Diyarbakır and Iconium, are on alert.
    #Iran 's Interior Minister said that the rescue operation teams have not yet located the Iranian president's helicopter due to dense fog, rainfall, darkness, steep slope, valley and weak eyesight in the forest and mountainous area. pic.twitter.com/r4qZKaCFL0
    — Iran Nuances (@IranNuances) May 19, 2024
    Weather conditions in the area where Iran's president Raisi's helicopter went down. pic.twitter.com/vhNnjPelvw
    — Faytuks News (@Faytuks) May 19, 2024
    The search and rescue teams are now trying to locate the helicopter carrying #Iran 's president, foreign minister and two other officials. So far, there has been no information about helicopters. pic.twitter.com/IWu81GFEzL
    — Iran Nuances (@IranNuances) May 19, 2024
    IRNA has released footage of rescue workers trying to locate the helicopter carrying Iran's president after it suffered an accident https://t.co/rNoiPcHO5P pic.twitter.com/tpxJrIhxEb
    — Faytuks News (@Faytuks) May 19, 2024
    The head of Iran's Red Crescent told the Fars news agency that 40 rapid response teams are currently searching for Raees' helicopter.
    A significant force of Iranian security and military personnel is being deployed in the capital Tehran with members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) taking up positions near several government buildings.
    Sky News' Middle East correspondent said calling the crash a "crash landing" was an "understatement".
    "Given who was on the plane, not just Raisi himself but three other key people, including the Iranian foreign minister, there's going to be a lot of sensitivity and, I would say, secrecy around what's going on right now," he said.
    Fars news agency wrote:
    "Today, Sunday, the helicopter carrying the president landed on the ground due to fog in the northern region of East Azerbaijan, and the president's motorcade left for Tabriz by land. "A few minutes ago, the rumor of an accident about one of the 3 helicopters in the presidential motorcade was published on the Internet."
    An Iranian official spoke to Reuters about the helicopter incident involving Ebrahim Raisi. The unnamed official said the lives of the president and his foreign minister were "in danger" after the "crash".
    ⚡️BREAKING
    IRGC's Saberin Special Forces are preparing to enter the forest and find President Raisi pic.twitter.com/JmYcXYCm5I
    — Iran Observer (@IranObserver0) May 19, 2024
    Copernicus service activated
    "Following Iran's request for assistance, we are activating the Copernicus rapid response mapping service, following the accident of the helicopter allegedly carrying the president of Iran and its foreign minister ," the Commissioner said in a post on the "X" platform. Crisis Management Yanes Lenarsic.
    A Significant Deployment of Iranian Security and Military Personnel has been noted across the Capital of Tehran, with Members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) claimed to be taking up positions near several Government Buildings. pic.twitter.com/xP0YNxWJkk
    — OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) May 19, 2024
    Iranian State media: No trace of the president's helicopter has been found yet, and 3 rescue workers are now also missing. pic.twitter.com/JOS9S4WvB9
    — Moshe Schwartz (@YWNReporter) May 19, 2024
    What if Raisi is found dead?
    President Raisi is the second most important person in Iran, after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
    His death, if confirmed, will have far-reaching consequences.
    In the immediate future, Vice President Mohammad Mohbar will take control and elections will be held within 50 days.
    "Helicopters used for high-ranking officials can send out their exact location in case of a crash, unless an explosion has disabled all onboard systems, including the emergency system," Iranian defense and security analyst Farzin Nadimi told @IranIntl .
    "It's possible that a bomb...
    — Iran International English (@IranIntl_En) May 19, 2024
    Dark, Rain, Fog:
    IRNA Outlet: The rescue and rescue groups have moved to the place where the president's helicopter was thought to have crashed, but the rain caused mud and difficult passage for cars and people. pic.twitter.com/Hbe7BgYku0
    — Moshe Schwartz (@YWNReporter) May 19, 2024
    "Deeply sad" declares Erdogan
    Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said he was "deeply saddened" by the helicopter crash involving his "brother" Ibrahim Raisi.
    Erdogan said Turkey is in full contact with Iranian authorities and is ready to provide any necessary support.
    "I convey my best wishes to our neighbor, friend and brother, the Iranian people and government, and hope to hear good news from Raisi and his delegation as soon as possible ," he added.
    Who is Raisi?
    He is the president of Iran since August 3, 2021. He was elected in the June 2021 elections.
    He is considered hardline in his positions against the US and the West in general. He spent part of his political career in Iran's judiciary and is extremely conservative in Islamic law.
    In 2016, he was appointed to the leadership of the Astan Quds Razavi Foundation, a philanthropic and holding company that manages a wide range of businesses in Iran and plays an important economic and political role in the country.
    He was born on December 14, 1960 to a clerical family in the Noghan district of Mashhad. His father, Seyed Haji, died when he was only five years old.
    He completed his primary education at the Javadiyeh School and then began studying at the Hawza Islamic Seminary. In 1975, he went to the Ayatollah Boroujerdi School to continue his education at the Qom school. There is a claim that he has received a doctorate in private law from Motahari University. However, this has been disputed.
    He began his studies at the Qom Seminary at the age of 15. He then decided to study in the Navvab school for a short time. After that, he went to Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Mousavi Nezhad School where he studied while also teaching other students.
    In 1976, he went to Qom to continue his studies at the Ayatollah Borujerdi School. He was a student of Seyyed Hossein Borujerdi, Morteza Motahhari, Abolghasem Khazali, Hossein Noori Hamedani, Ali Meshkini and Morteza Pasandideh.
    https://warnews247-gr.translate.goog..._x_tr_pto=wapp
    ----
    Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Mehdi Safari revealed that they were able to contact the imam of Tabriz, who was on the helicopter, twice and he told authorities that his condition is bad but he is hearing ambulances.

Lots of conflicting views from Iran…

NEW: Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Mehdi Safari says they have been able to contact the Friday Imam of Tabriz, who was at the helicopter, twice and he told the authorities that his condition is bad, but he hears ambulances.

pic.twitter.com/NrmQJcLIhJ

— Ragıp Soylu (@ragipsoylu) May 19, 2024
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

What if your nation hasn't been able to get new equipment or parts since 1979?

If it was foul play and any of those officials were the target, either someone had good intel, or someone played the old shell game and won. There were three birds in convoy, and the other two landed safely.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2024 at 03:20 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL6) is keeping it classy...

Commenting on unconfirmed reports that the Iranian president was harmed in the crash, Republican Congressman Mike Waltz appeared to welcome the purported news.

“Good riddance. Raisi was a murderous human rights abuser before and during his Presidency,” Waltz wrote in a social media post.

“But look for the Iranian regime to blame Israel and the US for an assassination as another excuse to support terrorism.”
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveb...ssing-aircraft

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    What if your nation hasn't been able to get new equipment or parts since 1979?

If it was foul play and any of those officials were the target, either someone had good intel, or someone played the old shell game and won. There were three birds in convoy, and the other two landed safely.
    I saw some pictures that showed some really low visibility.

That is not a winning solution to get you where you want to go every time.

I saw some pictures that showed some really low visibility.

That is not a winning solution to get you where you want to go every time.
    Mountain terrain can have interesting, unexpected effects on weather. This looks like the kind of visibility measured in feet.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Rep. Mike Waltz (R-FL6) is keeping it classy...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveb...ssing-aircraft
    https://x.com/michaelgwaltz/status/1612891487640985600

The same Mike Waltz Last Year Compared Attack on Israel Oct 7 as a Holocaust.

https://x.com/michaelgwaltz/status/1719681221838372960

a ceasefire with a terrorist organization after they massacred the most Jews since the Holocaust.

They found the helicopter, but either didn't find the bodies or haven't identified anyone yet. Nobody's saying anything about how it crashed yet, either.

Gonna assume that nobody survived and that their bodies will be found.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Nobody survived. No talk of foul play.

It was a real antique, a Bell 212. The Biden Administration hasn't said a thing, so far as I can tell.

Keeping it classy...

He can lead chants of death to America in the afterlife
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I guess foul play was ruled out.

Former Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has blamed US sanctions for the crash in an interview with state television.

“One of the main culprits of yesterday’s tragedy is the United States, which … embargoed the sale of aircraft and aviation parts to Iran and does not allow the people of Iran to enjoy good aviation facilities,” Zarif said.

“These will be recorded in the list of US crimes against the Iranian people,” he added.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveb...licopter-crash

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    He can lead chants of death to America in the afterlife
    Who killed the Iranian General that was fighting agaisnt ISIS/Other radical Sunni Jihadists in Syria?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MUST WATCH UPDATE.

"When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch