Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver broke through $30

With respect to my article and the LBMA+COMEX vaulted inventories...

“There is a notable risk of some 'reflexivity' in this thesis, as the break north of $30/oz could plausibly catalyze a substantial amount of ETF buying activity which could further erode 'free-floating' inventories on the LBMA. After all, the last viral #silversqueeze meme catalyzed approximately 110m oz of silver demand in ETFs in a few days, which would represent a -35% erosion in the free float if repeated today.
    https://www.kitco.com/news/article/2...-support-holds

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Silv gone from 32.58 to 30.67 in about a day and a half , so , there isnt going to be a 33 looks like
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-22-2024 at 12:56 PM.
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think there is a very good chance it hits 33 before the weekly close.

Down to 30.67 sand back to 30.97 .If it is gonna do 33 end of week Id guess gotta get back to 32 tomorrow
    Do something Danke

30.41 Ill take it . If you consider general weakness of silver past decade 30 1/3 is vast improvement, may lead to better later in yr
    Do something Danke

My Peace doll set is looking fantastic , upgraded some past 2 yrs , by time July CDN- Grey seet publication is out and up w/ silver price be intersting to calculate value. Way better than s & p 500 return certainly, lol
    Do something Danke

I guess we try for 33 next week. It will be interesting to see what happens with China markets (SFE/SGE) on Monday. I assume US markets will be closed for the holiday.

If silv gets to 33 may put wolesale OGP proof silver eagles back to 63 or better. I could consider dumping some and buying more 1.00 and 2 1/2 gold
    Do something Danke

Market opens in 21 min
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Market opens in 21 min
    What is the best way to cash out on Silverware or Silver tea sets?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    What is the best way to cash out on Silverware or Silver tea sets?
    Were I am tere is a place tat specifically deals in large quantities of various sterling to go straigt to refinery, usually pay 80 some percent. I buy it and dump it in Louisville at same place. Actual tea sets Id gamble and price just above spot and put on ebay or fedbook marketplace or similar, silverware Id send refinery unless complete in box etc
    Do something Danke

sterling not too popular in america
    Do something Danke

30 1/2
    Do something Danke

sterling not too popular in america
    Why not? 92% Silver isn't it?

92 1/2 , no real idea . Americans are very lazy , 80 percent Canadian not popular as well . Mat is easier on 99.9 and 90 , sell really well
    Do something Danke

He didn't say it wasn't silver.

Sterling flatware isn't as popular as once it was in the U.S. because stainless doesn't tarnish.

At sop we sell 40 percent 1/2s and 35 percent war nickels loose , under spot. and 40 percent dollars , uncirculated at spot most dont like it, personlly I like unc 40 percent Ike dollars , look pretty nice . Ten bucks of silv.
    Do something Danke

Just so everyone knows I myself do use silver to eat w/, wooden spoons are for peasants like Danke
    Do something Danke

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recently built this walk in closet over the garage. 28 feet long and over 9 feet wide. My wife has been busy organizing. The house is a mess. She came across a box of mine that had mostly junk. There were 4 tarnished forks. 2 of them weigh over 60 grams each. I know we have a lot of flatware somewhere. Obviously if I bring it to a pawn dealer they won't give what they are worth. If I could get reasonable price I would sell the silverware.

My local coin shop buys sterling silver - actually they will buy gold or silver in any form (inc. jewelry) for just under melt value (they want to make a profit naturally).

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    My local coin shop buys sterling silver - actually they will buy gold or silver in any form (inc. jewelry) for just under melt value (they want to make a profit naturally).
    all of em buy it ere but sell it to refinery
    Do something Danke

31 1/2
    Do something Danke

I recently built this walk in closet over the garage. 28 feet long and over 9 feet wide. My wife has been busy organizing. The house is a mess. She came across a box of mine that had mostly junk. There were 4 tarnished forks. 2 of them weigh over 60 grams each. I know we have a lot of flatware somewhere. Obviously if I bring it to a pawn dealer they won't give what they are worth. If I could get reasonable price I would sell the silverware.
    Serious closet , room for mo junk now
    Do something Danke

pawn and jewelry sops around ere generally pay 1/2. Coin sops pay more but sterling wont bring spot at refinery, 80 some percent were scrap 10, 14k etc gold will bring 90 some percent
    Do something Danke

pawn and jewelry sops around ere generally pay 1/2. Coin sops pay more but sterling wont bring spot at refinery, 80 some percent were scrap 10, 14k etc gold will bring 90 some percent
    So a Troy ounce of Sterling, where you are would = 1x.92.5x.8x spot price?

Serious closet , room for mo junk now

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sterling coins are a little better spot x .89 but ya , flatwear closer to .80, refinery , coin dealers will be less Id guess . I personally wouldnt pay more than 20 an oz on 28.4 oz sterling at 32.00 spot .999 paper sare silver because I just ratole it and make a trip about once a yr. Little opportunity to sell it at retail like 90 or .999. Just undesireable commodity like copper ( bulk) and 10,35 ,40,50,72 and 80 percent silv. If it was mne id dump it and buy gold eagles of some denomination. To put it in perspective I pay full spot on .999.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-27-2024 at 12:48 PM.
    Do something Danke

I presume all American .925 gets melted and remade into jewelry or refined to .999 , silv jewelry pound for pound must be biggest ripoff in time, spot about 90 some cents a gram
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-27-2024 at 02:12 PM.
    Do something Danke

Do something Danke

Yeah am seeing that. Wondering how it will get beat down tomorrow. The Shanghai Exchange is, buy, buy!
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast