Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 64

Thread: Silver broke through $30

  1. #1

    Silver broke through $30

    Looks like it might run a bit



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    gold at 2400 3 times before laggard silv made 30 amazing, at 31.58 now ,gold up to 2422.60 at one point friday, i can sell any ive bougt since 2008 or before and be positive. finally adding some of inflation.
    Do something Danke

  4. #3
    Yeah follow metals and nice to see the move. At the same time all this means is the dollar, and us, are f**ked.



    Inflation is coming
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  5. #4
    Well , ya but dollars been $#@!ed and weve been 3rd world inflation for 3 yrs so, Americans are so slow , good to see learning curve picking up but Im finally wealty and now I dont want to buy any junk for sale out tere.Glad Ive been doing some fun along te way.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-19-2024 at 07:31 PM.
    Do something Danke

  6. #5
    $32.31 right now ... Will it hit $33 before the market even opens in the morning?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    gold at 2400 3 times before laggard silv made 30 amazing, at 31.58 now ,gold up to 2422.60 at one point friday, i can sell any ive bougt since 2008 or before and be positive. finally adding some of inflation.
    Did you buy any in 2011 when it got to around $46/oz?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did you buy any in 2011 when it got to around $46/oz?
    I dont ave any bullion over 30 - 32 , once it gets 30 or so I only buy coins .An Unc Morgan is going to cras less tan a round if silv drops 5 or 10 bucks . I dont ave any gold bullion over 2k, I mostly buy pre 33 gold smaller tan 5 doll ,, no negative effects tere if gold drops
    Do something Danke

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did you buy any in 2011 when it got to around $46/oz?
    Not a buyer at anything over $17 but did watch it go over $40 twice and didn’t sell any either. Guess copper is having a big run up too. Don’t own any of that.
    What I need is natural gas to move over $5 but don’t see that in the foreseeable future.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    What I need is natural gas to move over $5 but don’t see that in the foreseeable future.
    Do you own a well?

    Or eat a lot of beans?

  12. #10
    I use nat gas so I like it more say 1 1/2. I did sell a lot of silv , junk silv and bullion only around 30 avg about 15 yrs ago , but muc of it I bougt 6 to 10. Reinvested some in gold and land
    Do something Danke

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Do you own a well?

    Or eat a lot of beans?
    Ha, I do have a lease with producing wells.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I use nat gas so I like it more say 1 1/2. I did sell a lot of silv , junk silv and bullion only around 30 avg about 15 yrs ago , but muc of it I bougt 6 to 10. Reinvested some in gold and land
    My problem (maybe it’s not a problem) is I’ve never sold any gold or silver I’ve bought. Can’t bring myself to sell it. Always think of it as insurance. Though I did sell 10 oz palladium over the last few years. Did ok with it too
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Ha, I do have a lease with producing wells.
    Outstanding!

    I have property in southern Illinois and was offered a lease a few years back with a really low royalty. I got the impression that this company was just locking up leases with no intention of production. Plus, they didn't have a track record of successful wells.

    No other company inquired, so I think that it was a marginal prospect and served just to lock up paper leases for someone further up the food chain.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dont ave any bullion over 30 - 32 , once it gets 30 or so I only buy coins .An Unc Morgan is going to cras less tan a round if silv drops 5 or 10 bucks . I dont ave any gold bullion over 2k, I mostly buy pre 33 gold smaller tan 5 doll ,, no negative effects tere if gold drops
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Not a buyer at anything over $17 but did watch it go over $40 twice and didn’t sell any either. Guess copper is having a big run up too. Don’t own any of that.
    What I need is natural gas to move over $5 but don’t see that in the foreseeable future.
    Unfortunately, I must have bought PSLV at that peak, because it still shows as underwater.

    I've never sold any physical, and never bought any at those peaks...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    My problem (maybe it’s not a problem) is I’ve never sold any gold or silver I’ve bought. Can’t bring myself to sell it. Always think of it as insurance. Though I did sell 10 oz palladium over the last few years. Did ok with it too
    I usually cant bring myself to sell a lot . So I buy a lot and sell a little. Gold coins pre 1930 in particular I dont like to part w/
    Do something Danke

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Outstanding!

    I have property in southern Illinois and was offered a lease a few years back with a really low royalty. I got the impression that this company was just locking up leases with no intention of production. Plus, they didn't have a track record of successful wells.

    No other company inquired, so I think that it was a marginal prospect and served just to lock up paper leases for someone further up the food chain.
    Lots to think about in the leasing of your property. How many years, 3,5 automatic renewal. Signing bonus, use to be $25 per acre now settled around $3000 per acre. Royalty percentage. Pa has a 12.5% minimum royalty but it’s deductions (transportation costs) that can really eat into you. Hard to get them to move much with deductions. Most leases around here are between 15 and 18%. lol, then surface rights, depth of wells even certain formations (Marcellus, Utica), pipe lines. Lots of small companies will lease with no intention of drilling, only flipping the lease to someone else.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, I must have bought PSLV at that peak, because it still shows as underwater.

    I've never sold any physical, and never bought any at those peaks...
    I’ve been holding SLV since 2017 think around $16 I’m in at. Will consider selling here at some point if we get a large run up .
    Now PPLT I’ve been underwater with for awhile. Hope to break even on it. Somewhere around $108 I think.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I’ve been holding SLV since 2017 think around $16 I’m in at. Will consider selling here at some point if we get a large run up .
    Now PPLT I’ve been underwater with for awhile. Hope to break even on it. Somewhere around $108 I think.
    I've been selling portions of gold/silver ETFs this entire run-up. More a portfolio balancing exercise than anything, although I picked the price points far in advance.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  22. #19
    32.57 last nite , 32.40 tonite, maybe it will get to 33
    Do something Danke

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Lots to think about in the leasing of your property. How many years, 3,5 automatic renewal. Signing bonus, use to be $25 per acre now settled around $3000 per acre. Royalty percentage. Pa has a 12.5% minimum royalty but it’s deductions (transportation costs) that can really eat into you. Hard to get them to move much with deductions. Most leases around here are between 15 and 18%. lol, then surface rights, depth of wells even certain formations (Marcellus, Utica), pipe lines. Lots of small companies will lease with no intention of drilling, only flipping the lease to someone else.
    That is great info.

    I would have to look up the paperwork, but I think they offered 3% or so, which was low at the time for Illinois.

    You know it is a great deal when they send you a cold contract with check for $150 attached.

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    That is great info.

    I would have to look up the paperwork, but I think they offered 3% or so, which was low at the time for Illinois.

    You know it is a great deal when they send you a cold contract with check for $150 attached.
    Bet you couldn’t wait to cash that cool $150, lol. Am sure their cold contract is good read too. Careful with those
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I've been selling portions of gold/silver ETFs this entire run-up. More a portfolio balancing exercise than anything, although I picked the price points far in advance.
    I was trying to trade PPLT and pick up a few dollars. Did ok at first. Got caught in a downturn and have been stuck holding it waiting for a rebound.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I usually cant bring myself to sell a lot . So I buy a lot and sell a little. Gold coins pre 1930 in particular I dont like to part w/
    My brother likes those too. I only have a $10 & $20 gold piece. Nice coins. Got a bunch of rolls of Morgan and peace silver dollars.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

  27. #24



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Like a fox.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    That is great info.

    I would have to look up the paperwork, but I think they offered 3% or so, which was low at the time for Illinois.

    You know it is a great deal when they send you a cold contract with check for $150 attached.
    i always encourage everyone to send me checks for 150.
    Do something Danke

  31. #27
    I'm not impressed. 12 years ago it was over $40.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I'm not impressed. 12 years ago it was over $40.
    Im not as well , gold up 630.00 , silv ways to go., down 25 percent it is peasants money so not keeping w/ inflation but Ive got plenty of Morgan dollars over inflation, is what it is, gotta know what to pick. During this time home prices up 80 percent ( 6.67 percent per yr avg since 2000) , Silver would need to be 54 to keep w/ that.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-22-2024 at 01:27 PM.
    Do something Danke

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Unfortunately, I must have bought PSLV at that peak, because it still shows as underwater.

    I've never sold any physical, and never bought any at those peaks...
    My PSLV story is a sad one... Got used to seeing it almost break even then drop, several cycles of this... Tried selling at 8.10 to pick it back up at a future low and now it's over 10. Could have gotten back in at 8.20 but was drop shy again... and still am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

  34. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    My PSLV story is a sad one... Got used to seeing it almost break even then drop, several cycles of this... Tried selling at 8.10 to pick it back up at a future low and now it's over 10. Could have gotten back in at 8.20 but was drop shy again... and still am.
    A big reason why silver is so embedded in finance is because its value has stayed pretty darned steady -- over millenia. Few have gotten rich on it without owning mineral rights to sources of it.

    Bern's little short and painless article he linked to above details how there may well be a silver bubble forming. They're rare. I remember one in the 1970s, and again in 2008. Both were predicated on its superiority to what the Fed does to us. Those were nice for the people who bought low and knew when to sell. But silver's normally no "investment". It rarely "performs", and when it does, if you want to realize gains you had better know when to get out. It's a hedge against the day when people will need a decentralized means of exchange, or rather, that need becomes so acute we stand up and do something about it. And only then, if and when the day comes, will long-term demand for it grow enough to raise its value permanently.

    There's a situation developing, however, which could cause a big silver bubble which is pretty much unrelated to its value as a hedge. What comes of it no one can know. But the situation is, to the best of my knowledge, unprecedented where silver is concerned. To predict what could happen here, one needs to examine other things which were oversold by people trying to short-sell it. It could therefore behave less like gold for a time and more like GameStop stock.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-22-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2019, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2019, 06:45 PM
  3. gold/silver ratio broke through 39 today
    By Bern in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 11:58 AM
  4. Silver broke 29 an oz
    By PeacePlan in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 08:22 AM
  5. Silver just broke 28 and sitting at 28.08
    By PeacePlan in forum Economy & Markets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 11:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •