Thread: The decline and fall of Red Lobster

The decline and fall of Red Lobster

It's OVER For Red Lobster
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...-red-lobster:3
    {Actual Justice Warrior | 16 May 2024}

In this video I discuss the recent closures & pending bankruptcy of the once great Red Lobster. I explain all of the different factors that played into it & how they set themselves up for failure nearly 10 years ago.

Sources:

WSJ Video:

Red Lobster Is Hemorrhaging Millions Because of Endless Shrimp | WSJ What Went Wrong
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziixxmJ2wPY
    {The Wall Street Journal | 01 May 2024}

Red Lobster is in trouble. The seafood chain recently known for its endless shrimp special reported $11 million in losses in the third quarter, and its parent company Thai Union Group has announced it will sell its majority stake.

WSJ explains what went wrong with the fast casual dining business and looks at what could come next for Red Lobster.

Chapters:

0:00 - Red Lobster’s troubles
    0:38 - The rise
    1:47 - Turning point
    2:52 - The downfall
    5:32 - What's next?

What Went Wrong explores the challenging conditions and decisions that led to a company's downturn.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another take.

https://x.com/i/status/1793142811350683960

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

I really liked Red Lobster, but stopped going because of the increasing prices. I never ordered the endless shrimp.

I went there for endless shrimp a couple years ago but was pissed because cold boiled shrimp with cocktail sauce was not part of the endless shrimp offerings. You had to get one of the butter sauce or alfredo sauce shrimp and pasta dishes. How many plates of alfredo sauce can you eat.

I can eat a shlt-pile of boiled shrimps, however

Never had endless shrimp but used to drop by the bar frequently for draft beer and fried squid or clam chowder when I lived closer . Now Im smack dab in middle of two locations that are about 20 miles ea direction and I dont usually go that far for a beer, It is though about how far I want to be at minimum from the unwashed masses.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-23-2024 at 08:47 PM.
    Do something Danke

The END Of Fast Food
    https://odysee.com/@actualjusticewar...of-fast-food:7
    {Actual Justice Warrior | 23 May 2024}

In this video I discuss the crash of the fast food industry due to inflation raising prices far beyond what consumers are willing to pay. As a result multiple fast food companies are struggling & may be on the verge of collapse.

Sources:

Fast Food News Segment: https://youtu.be/9tnTbieGRa0

Ya , no way Im dropping 20 bucks for fast food lunc, $#@! it, I just wait until dark and ave time to go to a sit down and a beer and drop more
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-23-2024 at 08:52 PM.
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So now that minimum wage is up, do you still need to tip?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Servers have their own minimum wage below everyone else's minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Quality of all forms of food service tanked during COVID. What were customers going to do, complain? People keep talking like communism is something that "could happen here"... no, communism is already here, in full-force, people just have their heads so buried in the sand they don't even realize what's actually going on. The mere act of distinguishing between "essential workers and businesses" versus "non-essential workers and businesses" is all the proof you need that full-blown Soviet-level Marxism in America is a fait accompli. If your government can tell you that you are a non-essential worker, or that your business is a non-essential business, and shutter you or have you fired, your government is a communist government, full-stop.

We are long past the point where dissolving the DC government is legally and morally justified under the Constitution and Holy Scripture. The government there is an alien occupying force, and this fact is evident on its face. We The People simply need to wake up and drive these 21st-century Redcoats back to hell where they came from...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 05-24-2024 at 09:38 AM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Servers have their own minimum wage below everyone else's minimum wage.

Why? Just to confuse the consumer? Pay them and eliminate tipping.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I tip 20 percent on food at sit down places , zero for rest, Sometimes I include beverages and sometimes I omit, if you bill me over 6 for a pint I omit if I get a 32 under 9 I include.
    Do something Danke