Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trump to address LP 2024 national convention

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    I'm surprised the Libertarian Party, as far as it has strayed away from its principles, actually booed Trump.

Trump is very very far from an ideal candidate. But he fulfills my 3 criteria: didn't take more of my $ in taxes, didn't take my guns, didn't start/expand stupid wars.
    Well, it must also be remembered that the LP is politically "porous", meaning, it's not as robust against the countless arts of infiltration practiced by the Big Leagues. So, D operatives could walk right in and no one would know the difference. That said, I do think there is genuine dislike of Trump among a sizable chunk of libertarians. Ls have a strong tendency towards idealism. If this were 2014 instead of 2024, I would have been booing Trump, but that was before Clown World. In Clown World, Trump is a super-genius and pretty much everything else he claims about himself. We have a man currently holding the nuclear codes who can hardly assemble and utter a single sentence of intelligible English. That's not a high bar to jump. And while the idealist objection, "But that shouldn't be the standard!" is a valid objection, please point us to the other alternative. Who is the candidate out there that, by any means, can raise the kind of populist energy that Trump has raised, and who is at least libertarianism-friendly? I also reject the lesser-of-two-evils trick that the two-party oligarchy is playing on us, but in the current political moment, I see no one besides Trump who is viable and not openly hostile to America, traditional American values and American liberty.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    And while the idealist objection, "But that shouldn't be the standard!" is a valid objection, please point us to the other alternative. Who is the candidate out there that, by any means, can raise the kind of populist energy that Trump has raised, and who is at least libertarianism-friendly?
    Right here. And he's not a swamp-appointing proven loser who funds the Mark of the Beast at Warp Speed:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    RFK Jr.'s address at the LP convention:

https://x.com/beinlibertarian/status...03807934079312
    I also reject the lesser-of-two-evils trick that the two-party oligarchy is playing on us, but...
    ...no you really don't, or you wouldn't be playing up a swamp-appointing proven loser, who funds the Mark of the Beast at Warp Speed, under any circumstances.

You're parroting a narrative which is being spoon-fed to you. This escalation of the sheer evil of the eviler evil has been a standard feature of this operation for decades. It doesn't mean it's more important than ever to bend over and spread for more of the same. Quite the opposite.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 11:34 AM.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    If stupidity got us into this mess why can't it get us out?
    ...has turned into, if business as usual got us into this mess why can't it get us out? Which to my ears, doesn't sound any different at all.

FULL SPEECH: President Trump Addresses Libertarian National Convention in D.C. - 5/25/24

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

So Trump is a libertarian now

And he wants to make sure Bitcoin isn’t driven overseas, but rather “Made in America”

My gut literally hurts, I can’t stop laughing

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Right here. And he's not a swamp-appointing proven loser who funds the Mark of the Beast at Warp Speed:
    Sure, I could support an RFK Jr. but he is a Democrat, he supports abortion, and so on. What I agree with in your comparison is that both RFK Jr. and Trump are external to the DC Swamp. Trump did not effectively defeat the Swamp as we had hoped, as 45. I agree that is a mark against him. So, between RFK Jr. and Trump, I'd say the pros/cons still break down in Trump's favor, but I will grant that it's not a black-and-white endorsement, and that's not a good thing. For example, Trump cannot utter a single word against the Fed, and that is very clear in the video where he remains steel-faced while the crowd is chanting "End the Fed"! But would RFK Jr. make a campaign promise to End the Fed, ban CBDCs or anything other than gold and silver being legally classified as money? I doubt it.

And no, the vaccine is not the Mark of the Beast. Nobody had to worship Satan to get the vaccine.

...no you really don't, or you wouldn't be playing up a swamp-appointing proven loser, who funds the Mark of the Beast at Warp Speed, under any circumstances.
    You're entitled to your opinion. I have rejected the 2-party system in the fullest possible way so, while you're entitled to your opinion, it also happens to be wrong.

You're parroting a narrative which is being spoon-fed to you.
    Sure and I'm typing on a devil-keyboard over the Antichrist-Internet while listening to fortune-tellers on TV, etc. etc. There is no end to the paranoia rabbit-hole, and I guarantee you, I have plumbed that Abyss far further than you can imagine. So, if I am parroting a narrative, then you're just parroting a narrative that I'm parroting a narrative, ad nauseum, unto the ChatGPT-hivemind-quantum-simulation infinity.

This escalation of the sheer evil of the eviler evil has been a standard feature of this operation for decades. It doesn't mean it's more important than ever to bend over and spread for more of the same. Quite the opposite.
    Grumpy old-school capital-L Libertarianism has been losing (on purpose?) for four+ decades. Trump, MAGA, LPMC, etc. are a new vibe. If you don't like the vibe, don't join it. If you want to gripe and moan about the new vibe, have at it. The rest of us will just be over here vibing and winning...

Last edited by ClaytonB; 05-26-2024 at 02:37 PM.

What I agree with in your comparison is that both RFK Jr. and Trump are external to the DC Swamp.
    Then we don't agree in any way, shape or form, which I made blatantly obvious. And I wish you'd stop lying about whether we do. It's trollish behavior.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 02:31 PM.

... stop lying...
    I'm trying to find any middle/common ground for the sake of peace. If you want war, it's your funeral.

It's trollish behavior.
    Who smelt it dealt it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm trying to find any middle/common ground for the sake of peace. If you want war, it's your funeral.

Who smelt it dealt it.
    These people aren't playing tiddlywinks. They're trying to murder us until there's few enough of us that they can keep us enslaved.

There is no middle ground. Witting Quislings will have no excuses on the Day of Reckoning, and you know it. There's a plan for people who turn a blind eye to evil because that evil strokes their egos. Read Matthew 25 again and tell me where you see middle ground, because I can't find it.

Be careful that you know whose funeral it really is. It will be a higher authority than either you or I who determines that.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Posted without comment:

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Trump stated that the libertarian party will never achieve above 3%. He goes on to push "democracy" and encourages libertarians to vote for him over Biden. If libertarians sacrifice their principles/values and do vote for Trump, that stands to reason why the libertarian party will never achieve above 3%; they are contributory to their own problem.

Trump stated in his speech that he wants to make sure that Bitcoin isn’t driven overseas, but rather “Made in America”. I cracked a rib laughing over that, but then thought to myself, how on earth could he accomplish that without authoritarian control. He doesn't understand the first thing about it [or anything else for matter], and used that as a talking point he probably picked up from RFK Jr.

Trump blames Biden for Marxism and Fascism? I would suggest Trump take a good look into the mirror before bringing up and/or accusing others of Fascism.

Trump never brought up the IRS, End the Fed, Corporate Capture and lobbyists, defunding organizations, national debt, etc. All he did was go on and on how bad Biden is, blamed him for everything and "Vote for me!".

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

These people aren't playing tiddlywinks.
    You're lecturing the choir, nay, you're lecturing the head rector on this topic. The stakes are higher than you think, and the New Testament clearly explains the actual terrain of the war. So, if you want to step outside the bounds of merely political discourse, then we can go over to the Peace Through Religion forum and go down that rabbit-hole until you can't take the depth anymore, and I'll help you back to the surface. These people are absolutely not playing tiddlywinks and they have quite literally sold their souls to Satan, and they are working to drag all of humanity along with them into eternal torment in the fires of hell, at least, all that they can manage. If only bodily death were the worst thing that can happen to a person!

They're trying to murder us until there's few enough of us that they can keep us enslaved.
    Slavery is what this has been all about from the Fall until this very day. When Adam disobeyed God, he implicitly made the Serpent greater than God, it was the very first act of devil worship. (When you obey A instead of B, your actions declare that A is greater than B.) The devil has spun a million yarns to distract us from the truth. "It's the evil capitalists!" "It's those damn Marxists!" "It's the PSYOPs!" "It's the 2-party system!" "It's the Illuminati!" "It's the gay frogs!" It's none of those things, and all of them. But behind them all is just one -- Satan himself, and his millennia-spanning system of universal slavery and death. The Gospel is about dismantling that system of perpetual slavery and death. POTUS is small-fry in that war, which is really the only war.

Read Matthew 25
    Read Matthew 24, which is the first half of the Olivet discourse, 25 being the second half. 24 puts all of this in the proper perspective and removes all cause for hyper-ventilating over who is or is not POTUS. It can't matter that much if we can manage to exist for four years with a dementia-patient holding the nuclear codes, which I take as a heavenly hint that earthly affairs don't matter nearly as much as we're told they do.

Be careful that you know whose funeral it really is. It will be a higher authority than either you or I who determines that.
    *shrug - I know whose side I'm fighting on, so my enemies choose their own death. Which is why peace within the Body is paramount.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 05-26-2024 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Posted without comment:
    For those who don't want to sit through a laundry list of what he thinks we proved ourselves right about, start at 6:30.

For those of you who don't know if they want to hear it at all, how about a synopsis? You're losers, join the herd on spec hoping he's not lying when he talks about having libertarian advisors. And then enjoy winning before he finishes the destruction of the country Biden started (but slower).

Well, he doesn't say that last bit. He also doesn't say he thinks Trump can stop the destruction, and doesn't seem to have any idea how Trump would stop the destruction in the event he did in fact try. He just thinks we should enjoy winning the selection in the event it's actually honest.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 03:35 PM.

You're lecturing the choir, nay, you're lecturing the head rector on this topic.
    Boast about your piety all you want. Self-appointed Pharisees don't impress me. When the head rector is preaching praise for the guy who enabled Bill Gates to take over for God and rewrite the DNA of billions of humans, then the head rector needs to pry his head out of his rectum.

And that's final. That's a hill I'm quite ready to die on.

Those who enable proven traitors to inflict suffering on others --again -- because they think it'll bring on the End Times sooner (and they think the End Times will serve them well) aren't going to have a happy tone of voice when they say, "Lord, when did we see You..?"
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 03:32 PM.

Thumbs down Libertarian Party is a Complete Embarrassment to Society

I used to be a strong believer in Libertarianism back in the Ron Paul era, but ever since he left its been nothing but a clown $#@! show. Gary Johnson and that clown he ran with were nothing short of craptacular and now the booing of one of the best Prez's to ever live is just icing on the doo doo cake. JFK Jr. is a complete joke too pandering to Israhell. What a complete joke and embarrassment. I'll never call myself a Libertarian again.

Fkk'em

Have a nice day.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipAccountDetails View Post
    JFK Jr. is a complete joke too pandering to Israhell.
    Fascinating how Trump can avoid being a complete joke when he does the exact same thing only harder...

Fascinating how Trump can avoid being a complete joke when he does the exact same thing only harder...

Shills gonna shill.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

So, the so-called “Party of Principle” invites an unprincipled authoritarian to come and speak at their biggest event, he stands up there and tells them that they’re all a bunch of lossrs if they don’t vote for him and we’re calling this some kind of win for the cause of liberty?

Ooooo-kaaay.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    So, the so-called “Party of Principle” invites an unprincipled authoritarian to come and speak at their biggest event, he stands up there and tells them that they’re all a bunch of lossrs if they don’t vote for him and we’re calling this some kind of win for the cause of liberty?

Ooooo-kaaay.
    Every hypocrite the devil creates is a soul in his pocket.

When the head rector is preaching praise for the guy who enabled Bill Gates to take over for God and rewrite the DNA of billions of humans, then the head rector needs to pry his head out of his rectum.

And that's final. That's a hill I'm quite ready to die on.
    All I can say is beware of fratricide.

Those who enable proven traitors to inflict suffering on others --again -- because they think it'll bring on the End Times sooner (and they think the End Times will serve them well) aren't going to have a happy tone of voice when they say, "Lord, when did we see You..?"
    None of that has anything to do with me or this discussion, just some fever-dream in your mind.

All I can say is beware of fratricide.
    Sorry, not accepting victim cards today.

None of that has anything to do with me or this discussion, just some fever-dream in your mind.
    It isn't for me to say that DNA rewritten by Bill Gates is or isn't the Mark of the Beast. But I won't be silenced about how the odor of it strikes me.

It isn't for me to say that supporting the man who made it possible for Gates to inflict that suffering upon so many people, and who set in motion the inflation which is inflicting so much suffering on so many people, and who has flatly stated that he intends to enable Israel and Ukraine to inflict more suffering on people, is automatically an evil act. But I won't be silenced about the fact that these facts exist, that the man has done and has said these things unequivocally and unapologetically.

There's the water. Drink it, or don't. My country is being destroyed and I'm sick of Republicans trying to alibi their terrible decisions with ignorance. I will try to deprive everyone of that lame excuse.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-26-2024 at 05:04 PM.

Republicans
    Yeah, screw those guys. Where are they?

vote for Trump, free Ross Ulbricht.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    I'm surprised the Libertarian Party, as far as it has strayed away from its principles, actually booed Trump.

Trump is very very far from an ideal candidate. But he fulfills my 3 criteria: didn't take more of my $ in taxes, didn't take my guns, didn't start/expand stupid wars.
    Trump can only be said to have fulfilled the first of your three principles if you have too limited of an idea of what constitutes taking more of your money in taxes.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2SL
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Simple enough.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm glad he went, I'm glad he gave his speech, I'm glad it wasn't shut down or raided by cops, which is what the Marxist left does on college campuses, and I'm glad people cheered, booed or otherwise responded and engaged.

That's how it's supposed to work, not being canceled, silenced, arrested, banned, sued or attacked.
    ďIt is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no Ďproposition nationí can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post

This tweet is going to age horribly when Trump either loses or fails to keep his promise.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast