Thread: Missouri Voters Say No To New Stadiums

Missouri Voters Say No To New Stadiums

This was at the beginning of the month, but I wasn't aware of it until today. Maybe the voting public is beginning to wake up.

Missouri Voters Say No To New Stadiums For The Chiefs And Royals

After a contentious campaign, voters in Jackson County, Missouri resoundingly rejected a plan for new facilities for the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals. The unofficial results show the measure failing by a 58%-42% vote margin.

The ballot initiative would have funded a new stadium for the Royals in the East Crossroads neighborhood of Kansas City, an area known for arts, boutique shops, restaurants, breweries, and entertainment. For the Chiefs, it would have provided renovations to Arrowhead Stadium.
    While the Chiefs weren’t eyeing a new location, they did intend for an $800 million upgrade to their existing facility. The package would’ve included new tailgating areas outside the stadium and improvements to the concourse. It would’ve utilized the area currently occupied by Kaufman Stadium, home of the Royals, since that would’ve been demolished when they built the new ballpark downtown.

Of course, nothing comes for free. Even though proponents of the referendum cited no new taxes, but that’s only half true. A 0.375% sales tax on Jackson County residents that was set to expire would’ve been extended by another 40 years, generating $2 billion to pay for the stadiums.
    Maybe Taylor Swift can take care of it for Kelce as a birthday present
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 04-27-2024 at 08:06 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Perhaps the bread and circus can only work for so long. You wouldn't see people rejecting this 10+ years ago.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I can't wait for the Chiefs to move out to a woke-er city.

I recommend Portland, where they would definitely use public funds to give them a stadium.

The Portland Rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I can't wait for the Chiefs to move out to a woke-er city.

I recommend Portland, where they would definitely use public funds to give them a stadium.

The Portland Rainbows.
    Wouldn't they have to move out of the NFL and into the Sarcastaball League for that?

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.