Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 39

Thread: Yet another blessing of diversity

  1. #1

    Yet another blessing of diversity

    I was killing time watching this video of random car crashes, and pondering how, with all the government mandated safety $#@! that is festooned on cars to prevent crashes, how is it that highway deaths in the US have been trending upward over the last few years.

    Then I took a look at many of the drivers, and had a hunch.

    And then I checked.

    And sure enough, not only are we allowing an invasion of wretched refuse comprised of many criminals, unvetted fighting age single men, sub 80 IQ retards, but also among the world's worst drivers, from $#@!holes with the worst fatal crash records in the world.

    I then thanked government for my cultural enrichment.

    Interesting to note that safest nations to drive in are white Europe, white Canada, and what's left of white America.

    And Japan.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    At risk of repeating myself, we are importing brand new drivers who are adults and have never driven in their lives, and have no experience even observing how to drive in the US.

    After that, we can not ignore the fact that approximately every 4th a-hole on the freeway is looking at their cell phone while driving.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  4. #3
    Just another example of how we are becoming more of a third world nation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  5. #4
    they head on'ed a bus in my home town and killed a kid


    i feel so diverse!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!


    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was killing time watching this video of random car crashes, and pondering how, with all the government mandated safety $#@! that is festooned on cars to prevent crashes, how is it that highway deaths in the US have been trending upward over the last few years.

    Then I took a look at many of the drivers, and had a hunch.

    And then I checked.

    And sure enough, not only are we allowing an invasion of wretched refuse comprised of many criminals, unvetted fighting age single men, sub 80 IQ retards, but also among the world's worst drivers, from $#@!holes with the worst fatal crash records in the world.

    I then thanked government for my cultural enrichment.

    Interesting to note that safest nations to drive in are white Europe, white Canada, and what's left of white America.

    And Japan.


    According to this chart, Hispanics are safer drivers than whites.

    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post


    According to this chart, Hispanics are safer drivers than whites.
    They definitely don't tend to get in a hurry.

    Of course, just because they don't tend to kill anyone at thirty per doesn't mean your fenders are safest around them. But that's beside the point that you and he were discussing.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post


    According to this chart, Hispanics are safer drivers than whites.

    Dominicans would be considered Hispanic.

    There is a substantial amount of invaders from the Dominican Republic.

    The DR has the very worst in the world of driving fatalities.

    Number 1 - https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...ts/by-country/

    The rest of the top fifty?

    Almost exclusively Africa.

    I'm not going to make the case that this is the only reason for an increase in US traffic deaths, personally I think people being distracted while finger $#@!ing phones and consoles is a bigger issue.

    But this is significant as well.

    And why?

    Why should I continue to allow my country to be invaded by this wretched refuse, who, for all the other problems they cause and displacement they bring, drive like morons on top of it all?

    Build the wall, deport them all.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Dominicans would be considered Hispanic.

    There is a substantial amount of invaders from the Dominican Republic.

    The DR has the very worst in the world of driving fatalities.

    Number 1 - https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...ts/by-country/

    The rest of the top fifty?

    Almost exclusively Africa.

    I'm not going to make the case that this is the only reason for an increase in US traffic deaths, personally I think people being distracted while finger $#@!ing phones and consoles is a bigger issue.

    But this is significant as well.

    And why?

    Why should I continue to allow my country to be invaded by this wretched refuse, who, for all the other problems they cause and displacement they bring, drive like morons on top of it all?

    Build the wall, deport them all.
    You whole argument implodes based on facts that you can't disputed. In the FREAKING UNITED STATES Hispanics have lower fatality rates than whites period, end of story. Even from your own silly chart, Mexico is the same color as the U.S., yet you for some unknown reason only mentioned white countries and Japan. And Africans aren't driving the immigration rates right now. In fact Africans never have. Most immigrants are coming from Hispanic countries and Asian countries. It's not even close.



    Stupid argument is stupid.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You whole argument implodes based on facts that you can't disputed. In the FREAKING UNITED STATES Hispanics have lower fatality rates than whites period, end of story. Even from your own silly chart, Mexico is the same color as the U.S., yet you for some unknown reason only mentioned white countries and Japan. And Africans aren't driving the immigration rates right now. In fact Africans never have. Most immigrants are coming from Hispanic countries and Asian countries. It's not even close.

    Stupid argument is stupid.
    Why is my chart "silly" and yours is not?

    Your chart ended in 2018.

    Six years ago.

    Roughly the same time US driving deaths started ticking up.

    Just two years before the unwholesome flood of invaders was released in 2020.

    Many of them are from Africa and also Venezuela, which is also one of the worst countries for driving fatalities.

    And you didn't answer why, either.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

    According to this chart, Hispanics are safer drivers than whites.
    The Hispanics I know who aren't here "legally" are all trying to keep their noses as clean as possible, because they don't want anyone looking into them.


    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And Africans aren't driving the immigration rates right now. In fact Africans never have.
    Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to ever forget that there absolutely was a time when Africans were driving immigration numbers, even if that time is not germane to the discussion.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

    Your chart ended in 2018.

    Six years ago.

    Roughly the same time US driving deaths started ticking up.

    Just two years before the unwholesome flood of invaders was released in 2020.
    I of course can't provide these numbers but I remember distinctly noticing an average traffic fatality increase some time around 2014.
    There was a marked decrease during the 90s, and there was no data to show whether it was the hyper-aggressive DUI laws, or the increase in antilock brakes (and... sigh... airbags), but of course we know what gets the credit...
    ...but I don't remember finding any reason why it would increase afterward, apart from "$#@!ty drivers".

    At the time I credited it to the fact that gen X learned to drive on rusty beaters that didn't have a third brake light, a convex passenger side mirror, or even power steering... and every generation thereafter doesn't have the experience of "Oh my God this thing is a $#@!ing deathtrap and it's the only way to get to my girlfriend's house so this is absolutely happening". Having such a fundamental learning experience matters IMO.

    But these days I'm pretty open to the idea that Muslim women who were previously not even allowed out of the house are a pretty big danger on the road, too.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

  14. #12
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ...
    I'm not going to make the case that this is the only reason for an increase in US traffic deaths, personally I think people being distracted while finger $#@!ing phones and consoles is a bigger issue.
    ...
    Last year, I had a cousin who was killed by a teenage girl who was looking at her phone while driving.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Last year, I had a cousin who was killed by a teenage girl who was looking at her phone while driving.
    I am sorry to hear that.

    My condolences.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    At the time I credited it to the fact that gen X learned to drive on rusty beaters that didn't have a third brake light, a convex passenger side mirror, or even power steering... and every generation thereafter doesn't have the experience of "Oh my God this thing is a $#@!ing deathtrap and it's the only way to get to my girlfriend's house so this is absolutely happening". Having such a fundamental learning experience matters IMO.
    My first truck was a 1969 F100. Armstrong steering, all drum brakes with no power assist, no shoulder belts, bench seat, no third brake light, truck mirrors zero emissions and solid steel bumpers fore and aft. Powered by 360 cid engine that had been modified from Ford to meet NASCAR sales requirements with a 4bbl carb, 9.5 to 1 compression, a four speed on the floor and limited slip rear diff.

    It was a rocket with slippery ass end. I used carry 300 lbs of sand bags back by the tailgate to keep the rear stuck to the road.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post


    According to this chart, Hispanics are safer drivers than whites.

    We need a poll for this.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why is my chart "silly" and yours is not?

    Your chart ended in 2018.

    Six years ago.

    Roughly the same time US driving deaths started ticking up.

    Just two years before the unwholesome flood of invaders was released in 2020.

    Many of them are from Africa and also Venezuela, which is also one of the worst countries for driving fatalities.

    And you didn't answer why, either.
    Your chart is silly because it has nothing to do with your point. Let's walk through your "thesis" if it can even be called that.

    1) You "noticed" driving accidents going up recently. (You didn't include ANY data on that so we're just going off your gut on that).

    2) You assume "it must be because of them immigrants."

    3) You find a chart NOT OF ACCIDENTS BY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN IN THE U.S., but rather accidents by COUNTRY AS A WHOLE and ASSUME that somehow translates to your gut feelings in points 1 and 2. Why are accidents higher in certain other countries? Could it be bad roads? Could it be conflict? (If your car hits a landmine is that considered a driving accident or a post war casualty?) Could it be a lack of stoplights? Poor maintenance on cars in certain countries because of a lack of parts? Who knows! You just found a stat that goes with you hunch #1 and hunch #2 and by golly you're going to make some hay out of it garsh darnit!

    4) You don't even LOOK at the ethnicity or country of origin of accidents by driver in the U.S. to see what's going on IN THE U.S.!

    Now, for 2023 immigration numbers, here you go:

    https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/15/us/wh...cec/index.html


    Mexico 10.7M
    India 2.71M
    China 2.38M
    Philippines 1.98M
    El Salvador 1.42M
    Vietnam 1.34M
    Cuba 1.28M
    Dominican Republic 1.26M
    Guatemala 1.11M
    Korea 1.01M

    Really, your entire thesis is just laughable. Now since you specifically mentioned the Dominican Republic, and you're talking about how you want your wall, that begs the question, how many Dominicans were got at the southern border? It turns out....virtually none.



    Your thesis just simply doesn't fit the actual facts. Sorry.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-17-2024 at 01:47 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You just found a stat that goes with you hunch #1 and hunch #2 and by golly you're going to make some hay out of it garsh darnit!
    Well have pity on him. Like so many of us, he's a victim of his own stubbornness. But in his case, maybe he suffers more than most. Consider his first love...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It was a rocket with slippery ass end. I used carry 300 lbs of sand bags back by the tailgate to keep the rear stuck to the road.
    I wouldn't drive that. You wouldn't drive that. But he refused to even consider any of the many, many superior choices (some a damned sight cooler, like the Gladiator) and recently ran out and bought another one. Deadly goofy Twin I Beams and all.

    There's no accounting for Republicans. They'd rather fight than switch to something that works better.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was killing time watching this video of random car crashes, and pondering how, with all the government mandated safety $#@! that is festooned on cars to prevent crashes, how is it that highway deaths in the US have been trending upward over the last few years.

    Then I took a look at many of the drivers, and had a hunch.

    And then I checked.

    And sure enough, not only are we allowing an invasion of wretched refuse comprised of many criminals, unvetted fighting age single men, sub 80 IQ retards, but also among the world's worst drivers, from $#@!holes with the worst fatal crash records in the world.

    I then thanked government for my cultural enrichment.

    Interesting to note that safest nations to drive in are white Europe, white Canada, and what's left of white America.

    And Japan.
    Also from your own chart Haitians are much safer drivers that than Dominicans, but people from Cuba, Barbados, Trinidad, the Bahamas, are right in there with the white European countries for being safe drivers. Yet...for some odd reason they don't make your list. Why is that? (And based on the chart I provided they're probably safer drivers than white Americans.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  23. #20
    I live 20 miles from a college town chock full of foreigners in school , asia , middle east , jews , muslims etc , worst driving ive ever seen. I have to go there maybe 3 times a yr , if my ins guy knew he'd probably raise my rates. I feel no need for diversity of any kind.
    Do something Danke

  24. #21
    but most of you are for the THC legalization.

    It's in gummies and candy and pop. It's in vapes and cookies.

    You got cannabis with booze with texting with GPS screen with prescription drugs.

    The roads are death traps. I am serious they ARE.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    but most of you are for the THC legalization.

    It's in gummies and candy and pop. It's in vapes and cookies.

    You got cannabis with booze with texting with GPS screen with prescription drugs.

    The roads are death traps. I am serious they ARE.
    Things balance out. More distractions? Yes, but fewer rednecks on Twin I Beams, bias ply tires and Bud Light.

    I'm not disagreeing. I'm just saying they were always deadly obstacle courses.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I am sorry to hear that.

    My condolences.
    Thanks. Wasn't a close cousin though. Some people should not be driving.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Your chart is silly because it has nothing to do with your point. Let's walk through your "thesis" if it can even be called that.
    I never said it was anything more than a hunch, an idea.

    Dismiss it, by all means, if you find it worthless.

    But you still didn't answer why.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-17-2024 at 03:05 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I never said it was anything more than a hunch, an idea.

    Dismiss it, by all means, if you find it worthless.

    But you still didn't answer why.
    Can't speak for him, but I've noticed that he has an enduring libertarian faith that individuals can outperform the mean of their particular demographic, and that from time to time he likes to reassert it. Maybe I've only noticed because I, too, resemble that remark.

    None of us wants to admit any resemblance we may have to George H.W. Bush, George Soros, or any of the other most dangerous enemies of liberty past and present. They ain't all Jooz.

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Can't speak for him, but I've noticed that he has an enduring libertarian faith that individuals can outperform the mean of their particular demographic, and that from time to time he likes to reassert it. Maybe I've only noticed because I, too, resemble that remark.

    None of us wants to admit any resemblance we may have to George H.W. Bush, George Soros, or any of the other most dangerous enemies of liberty past and present. They ain't all Jooz.
    No they are not, and I am not afraid to denounce them.

    Those men and men like Gates and so on, many of the perverts and sodomites are white as well, and a disgrace to our race.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I never said it was anything more than a hunch, an idea.

    Dismiss it, by all means, if you find it worthless.

    But you still didn't answer why.
    Okay. Let's go with your first premise, that there are more accidents these days. I looked it up. per capita there are FEWER fatal car accidents these days!



    If you start with a faulty premise you will never reach a correct conclusion. So here's MY why question. Why are we even talking about a problem that you made up in your head?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I live 20 miles from a college town chock full of foreigners in school , asia , middle east , jews , muslims etc , worst driving ive ever seen. I have to go there maybe 3 times a yr , if my ins guy knew he'd probably raise my rates. I feel no need for diversity of any kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    but most of you are for the THC legalization.

    It's in gummies and candy and pop. It's in vapes and cookies.

    You got cannabis with booze with texting with GPS screen with prescription drugs.

    The roads are death traps. I am serious they ARE.
    Road deaths per capita have been steadily going down as the U.S. population is steadily rising. There are more deaths total because there are more people total which means more people on the road.

    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Okay. Let's go with your first premise, that there are more accidents these days. I looked it up. per capita there are FEWER fatal car accidents these days!



    If you start with a faulty premise you will never reach a correct conclusion. So here's MY why question. Why are we even talking about a problem that you made up in your head?
    Using per capita is an inaccurate way of measuring fatalities or accidents.

    We have more people in the country, but more and more do not drive, especially young people.

    You measure them the same way you measure air traffic or rail fatalities, by miles traveled.

    But my source, wiki collecting NTSB data, directly contradicts yours.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_...n_U.S._by_year

    In 2012 there were 1.14 people killed per 100 million VMT (Vehicle Miles Traveled).

    By 2022 that number had risen to 1.35. Not a massive increase, but I never said it was.

    In 2012 there were 10.75 people killed per 100,000 of population.

    By 2021 (most recent data) that number had risen to 12.9.

    Now, the rates fell slightly in 2023, the numbers are still being crunched, but my reading indicates that they are still higher than 2018/2019.

    I stated in my OP the following:

    how is it that highway deaths in the US have been trending upward over the last few years
    Clearly they have, not in a massive way, but it is reversing a downward trend.

    A downward trend that started almost 100 years ago, as your chart points out.

    If you start with a faulty premise you will never reach a correct conclusion. So here's MY why question. Why are we even talking about a problem that you made up in your head?
    You objected to my hunch because you concluded that my starting premise was wrong.

    I have now offered a counter point to your points.

    People will read and decide who is credible.

    That's why we are talking about it.

    That's supposed to be the whole point of these threads...I think anyway.

    ETA - And I just noticed, your chart only goes to 2015.

    My whole premise is based on a recent uptick, within the last ten years.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-18-2024 at 08:00 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

  34. #30
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-18-2024 at 07:51 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The Blessing of the Bikes
    By timosman in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 08:39 AM
  2. Fount Of Every Blessing
    By Sola_Fide in forum Peace Through Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2015, 11:18 PM
  3. Dondero is a blessing to us
    By cdc482 in forum Campaign Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •