Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whatever Happened to KOLCHAK The NIGHT STALKER?

Speaking of Roy Clark...

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A Jack Webb classic from the 70s.

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Hut Hut Hut Hut

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A Jack Webb classic from the 70s.

Dang, I was just about to post Emergency. the episode i recollect above all was this
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    TOS FTW.
    Throw a favorite out on the table.
    Glossary:

TOS Star Trek (the original series)

TNG Star Trek The Next Generation

DS9 Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Most of the rest have one word subtitles not so conducive to monograms.

Petrocelli was a series about a crime solving lawyer who built his house of brick in his spare time. As I recall he laid the first course right on the dirt. lol. I thought that was goofy even at my young age at the time.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

Peace.

Baa Baa Black Sheep

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And the fourth one was Banacek, with George Peppard.

Then Weaver quit, and Quincy, M.E. replaced it. That later went weekly.

Here's a little clip from 1990 which is totally relevant.

Suzanna Pleshette (sp) was awesome. I think she died fairly young.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    For Sci-Fi, Babylon 5, the Battlestar Gallactica reboot, and especially recently The Expanse were pretty high quality.
    Those are really good. IMO, Firefly is the best "sci-fi" series, and The Expanse is the best "science fiction" series. There's a lot more "sci-fi" out there than (bona fide) "science fiction" (probably because "sci-fi" is more amenable to general audiences). In my own personal taxonomy - where Firefly is at the "sci-fi" end of the spectrum and The Expanse is at the "science fiction" end of the spectrum - I'd classify Babylon 5 and Battlestar Galactica as "sci-fi". I'd put Star Trek (TOS & TNG, anyway - I'm not familiar enough with the others to say) on the "sci-fi" side of the spectrum, too - but with some tendrils reaching into the "science fiction" side. (Stuff like Star Wars wouldn't go on this spectrum at all - it's a separate sub-genre of speculative fiction I would call "space fantasy".)

Nobody's mentioned my other two favorites. This isn't either one. It wasn't even made in the seventies. But it's a pretty good hint what those other two were, for those who were around at the time. And why I loved them.

Since nobody else seems to be biting I'll take a swing at this and guess that one of the faves you're alluding to would be Mork and Mindy.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I know we've basically been focusing on TV shows, but I don't suppose including a movie or two from the 70s will hurt. My favorite war movie of all time, from 1970:

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet:

Chris

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My dad put our TV in the closet for months at a time and told us to go out and play or read a book. We would occasionally watch news or science programs. One of my favorite was "In Search of..." With Leonard Nimoy. I went to bed scared of ghost and other things. Horror movie never scared me because they were movies. What they talked about on this show was supposedly real.

https://youtu.be/4hpmWTq-bbU?si=CFJsanZoMp6n6xag

Never heard of the show because I was not alive back when it was airing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This was a hell of a show back in the day, before it became a political organ.

Another one from PBS

As long as I'm "highbrowing" it:

When looking at just those three, we really have become Idiocracy.

Ass will be the summer blockbuster of 2032.

As long as I'm "highbrowing" it:

When looking at just those three, we really have become Idiocracy.

Ass will be the summer blockbuster of 2032.

You got something against asses? Don’t be a ‘tard.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    You got something against asses? Don’t be a ‘tard.
    Dude. He posted a clip from a show called "Hee Haw".

Speaking of Roy Clark...

Don't be a 'tard yourself. The man's practically Burros R Us.

Yarite.. Next he’ll be complain’ about Oww! My Balls!

Chris

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back on track, here’s another fave of mine from the 70s:

Chris

Speaking of Star Trek ...

THREAD: USAF confirms first AI dogfight

Star Trek - S01 E23 - A Taste Of Armageddon
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6g2zgh

I know we've basically been focusing on TV shows, but I don't suppose including a movie or two from the 70s will hurt. My favorite war movie of all time, from 1970:
    Don Rickles made it into that one. I have it on DVD and VHS.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Don Rickles made it into that one. I have it on DVD and VHS.

“Maybe the guy’s a Republican.”

Last edited by CCTelander; 04-18-2024 at 04:06 PM.
    Chris

Everybody knows mine already.

Yarite.. Next he’ll be complain’ about Oww! My Balls!

I Object!

Speaking of 70s movies and Robert Shaw

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's matter withy Hee Haw, ya old fart?

I don't worry about twin I beams.

Solid front Dana axle in my going to town rig.

Well since you brought up Scott Joplin, check this out.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast