Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Whatever Happened to KOLCHAK The NIGHT STALKER?

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    What's matter withy Hee Haw, ya old fart?
    Doom and gloom are agony on me.

I don't worry about twin I beams.

Solid front Dana axle in my going to town rig.
    Good. I'm honestly relieved to hear that.

My Mom watched The Lawrence Welk Show. I Hated it, but recently while flipping through channels I found myself watching it. Must be nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Harvey Korman on the Carol Burnett Show

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Nobody's mentioned my other two favorites. This isn't either one. It wasn't even made in the seventies. But it's a pretty good hint what those other two were, for those who were around at the time. And why I loved them.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Since nobody else seems to be biting I'll take a swing at this and guess that one of the faves you're alluding to would be Mork and Mindy.
    Well I remember a thread where we discussed what the quintessential complaining-old-jew-stereotype sounds like, and you mentioned Harvey Korman in drag. So your other favorite is probably The Carol Burnett Show.

Mother Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Speaking of Star Trek ...

THREAD: USAF confirms first AI dogfight

Star Trek - S01 E23 - A Taste Of Armageddon
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6g2zgh
    LOL, I was watching the opening and thinking...wait, Uhuru and Spock's stations on the bridge on are the starboard side, not the port.

Then I saw the titles.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then I saw the titles.
    Taste of Armageddon meets Mirror Mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Doom and gloom are agony on me.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post

Every Sunday, along when Disney was still wonderful.

Epic 70s movie

I'll stand by for @acptulsa to crack wise about what a lowbrow I am.

When you think about it though, this is probably one of the most anti-authority movies ever made.

From top to bottom, nothing but a bunch of blue collar Robin Hoods and working class heroes making jackasses out of every cop in the south over some chicken $#@!, penny ante bootlegging law.

RIP Jerry, Jackie and Burt.

There was one cop I felt sorry for. Every time he went around a curve, his Plymouth turned into a Pontiac or vice versa. Can you imagine being in the middle of a curve and your cop spec Torsion-Aire suspension turns into four squishy coils with a four-link nightmare out back? Talk about pucker factor!

Back to television.

Last edited by acptulsa; 04-18-2024 at 08:36 PM.

Epic 70s movie

When you think about it though, this is probably one of the most anti-authority movies ever made.

From top to bottom, nothing but a bunch of blue collar Robin Hoods and working class heroes making jackasses out of every cop in the south over some chicken $#@!, penny ante bootlegging law.

RIP Jerry, Jackie and Burt.

Absolutely one of the best movies of the 70s. Also, back in those days it was a bit difficult to get my dad to go out and do things like see a movie. This is one of only 2 movies I ever convinced he and mom to come out and see with me, on my dime, of course. Up to his dying day you could occasionally find my dad quoting his favorite Jackie Gleason line from this one and laughing hi ass off. His favorite line? This one:

On another related topic, in those days I lived East of the Mississippi where it was illegal to sell Coors beer. Everyone used to talk the stuff up like it was the frickin Nectar of the Gods or something. Well, we moved out west in 79 and I finally got the chance to try it. Why ANYONE would go to the trouble, expense and risk to smuggle that piss water is beyond me!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well since you brought up Scott Joplin, check this out.
    Awesome, love some Scott Joplin.

Another ragtime, boogie woogie favorite of mine is Meade Lux Lewis.

Fun fact: he has an uncredited minor role as the piano player in Martini's bar in the alternate Pottersville universe that George Baily and Clarence Oddbody get thrown out of.

My Mom watched The Lawrence Welk Show. I Hated it, but recently while flipping through channels I found myself watching it. Must be nostalgia.

Wunerful wunerful wunerful.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Absolutely one of the best movies of the 70s. Also, back in those days it was a bit difficult to get my dad to go out and do things like see a movie. This is one of only 2 movies I ever convinced he and mom to come out and see with me, on my dime, of course. Up to his dying day you could occasionally find my dad quoting his favorite Jackie Gleason line from this one and laughing hi ass off. His favorite line? This one:
    "When I get home, I'm gonna punch your mama right in the mouth!" (no google, did not have to watch the clip know it by heart)

On another related topic, in those days I lived East of the Mississippi where it was illegal to sell Coors beer. Everyone used to talk the stuff up like it was the frickin Nectar of the Gods or something. Well, we moved out west in 79 and I finally got the chance to try it. Why ANYONE would go to the trouble, expense and risk to smuggle that piss water is beyond me!
    No, I'm no fan either.

Every time they get to the line, "if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all," it reminds me of this classic:

Chris

@CCTelander

The Buford T Justice clip always reminds me of this gag from O Brother Where Are Thou?

Cracks me up every...single...time.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-02-2024 at 10:11 PM.

LOL, I was watching the opening and thinking...wait, Uhuru and Spock's stations on the bridge on are the starboard side, not the port.

Then I saw the titles.
    They do that kind of thing to avoid the censor-bots. In addition to reversing the image, I'm pretty sure they reduced the playback speed a bit, too, judging by the audio when characters are speaking, which seems just a tad slow.)

Another copy I found gave the characters "squeaky" voices.

Forbidden fruit is the sweetest fruit.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-19-2024 at 02:54 AM.

The best thing about Hee Haw was that occasionally it would feature Bobby Thompson, one of the legends of 5-string banjo.

Although the audio in the clip is prerecorded, Bobby's licks are spot on.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

That Camaro is legit tho.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The Invaders have infiltrated all levels of government.

And their goons all look and act exactly like Mike Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    That Camaro is legit tho.
    Camaro?

What Camaro?

Happy 91st birthday, Carol Burnett.

I grew up on the Jersey shore, right in between the broadcast range of NYC and Philly, so over the air broadcasts were weak.

The very first rudimentary cable services started around 1980 or so.

And this thread jogged a memory of a regular Sunday broadcast of the Larry Ferrari show on the Philly ABC station WPVI ch6 which was cable channel ten IIRC.

@CCTelander

The Buford T Justice clip always reminds me of this gag from O Brother Where Are Thou?

Cracks me up every...single...time.

How did I miss this?

ROTFL!

Another classic!
    Chris

This one ran until 1970 and remains to this day one of my favorite TV shows of all time:

Chris

A long time Sunday Night ritual of mine was watching Wild Kingdom followed by the Wonderful World of Disney.

Believe it or not this used to be on Disney.

And this:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast