Thread: Bill Maher - Abortion is murder, and I'm OK with that.

Bill Maher - Abortion is murder, and I'm OK with that.

Maher: Abortion ‘Kind of Is’ Murder, ‘I’m Just Okay With That’

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024...kay-with-that/

IAN HANCHETT 13 Apr 2024

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher said that it’s wrong to argue that pro-life people are sexist, and pro-lifers believe abortion is “murder, and it kind of is. I’m just okay with that. I am. There [are] 8 billion people in the world, I’m sorry, we won’t miss you. That’s my position on that.”

Provost of King’s College, Cambridge and Financial Times columnist Gillian Tett said that it’s odd that abortion is such a big political issue when there are other issues.

Maher responded, “Well, not if you believe it’s murder. That’s why I don’t understand the 15-week thing or the — Trump’s plan is let’s leave it to the states. You mean so killing babies is okay in some states? I can respect the absolutist position. I really can. I scold the left on when they say, oh, you know what, they just hate women, people who aren’t pro-life — pro-choice, they just –. They don’t hate women. They just made that up. They think it’s murder, and it kind of is. I’m just okay with that. I am. There [are] 8 billion people in the world, I’m sorry, we won’t miss you. That’s my position on that.”

New York Post columnist Piers Morgan — who said he’s pro-choice — and Tett pushed back that this is a “quite harsh” position.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    m just okay with that. I am. There [are] 8 billion people in the world, I’m sorry, we won’t miss youBill Maher
    His speaking like Bill Gates.

That's been Maher's position for decades. He's been pretty open about it.

Of course, he also hates children despite being an undeveloped child himself.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    That's been Maher's position for decades. He's been pretty open about it.

Of course, he also hates children despite being an undeveloped child himself.
    I had a little different take on it...his honest and harsh position makes people uncomfortable in confronting what it is.

And I know he hates kids, but why this then?

Yes, I know this is a silly discussion, but Maher still has a big audience.

He just said, in this clip, basically, "You want Nazis? Because what you are doing is how you get Nazis."
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-13-2024 at 12:53 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Some years ago, I heard the lesbian feminist, Camille Paglia, say that pro choice people needed to admit that abortion is killing. She wasn't as cold about it as Maher but was saying that people who tried denying that fact are lying to themselves and others.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I had a little different take on it...his honest and harsh position makes people uncomfortable in confronting what it is.
    He used to say he's pro-abortion, pro-death penalty, pro-assisted suicide, pretty much pro-death. It's a funny line, but he's bought into the Malthusian belief that there are too many people. Musk calls these people "extinctionists".

As for that clip, Maher has a misguided belief system, but he's got a decent bull$#@! detector. He knows where the leftists' policies lead.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Now if only we can get the rest of the leftists to come out and say this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge