Thread: Sheila Jackson Lee educates some HS students on astrophysics

Sheila Jackson Lee educates some HS students on astrophysics

https://twitter.com/KennethRWebster/...95037129712076

Bing wrap up:

Here’s a summary of Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee’s speech, where she made some interesting statements about the moon and the sun:

The Moon:
    Jackson Lee confidently explained that the moon is “made up mostly of gases.”

She referred to a full moon as a “complete rounded circle” composed primarily of gases.

She pondered whether humans could live on the moon given its gaseous composition.

Interestingly, she also incorrectly referred to the moon as a planet.

The Sun:
    Jackson Lee acknowledged that the sun is “a mighty powerful heat.”

However, she asserted that it’s “almost impossible to go near the sun.”

In contrast, she deemed the moon more manageable.
    She hinted that NASA would be going back to the moon in the future.

Context:
    Jackson Lee spoke at Booker T. Washington High School in Houston before the April 8, 2024, total solar eclipse.
    Her office highlighted her experience as a former member of the Science Committee and the Ranking Member on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee.

Response to Criticism:
    When mocked online for her peculiar comments, Jackson Lee responded by saying she “misspoke” and meant to say the sun.
    She urged critics to focus on more critical issues like prenatal care, affordable housing, and reducing student debt.

Strangely, this isn’t the first time she’s made a public gaffe related to the moon.
    Last edited by susano; 04-10-2024 at 10:31 PM.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    At least she didn't say the moon is made out of cheese.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    At least she didn't say the moon is made out of cheese.
    That would have been more accurate.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

former member of the Science Committee and the Ranking Member on the Space and Aeronautics Subcommittee

Some years back, she gave a speech to NASA's JPL where she asked if the Mars rover would be able to get pictures of where US astronauts planted the flag. I would love to have seen the looks on the faces of the audience, lol.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster