Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FISA reauthorization & Section 702 warrantless surveillance

FISA reform fails...

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...24866520555812
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

The flu. Nice way to cover your a$$, Debby.

Debbie Lesko Voted YES on H.R. 3935 FAA Reauthorization 07/20/2023

https://thenewamerican.com/freedom-i...lator/l000589/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

WTF , defeated by flu and speaker
    Do something Danke

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-21-2024 at 01:22 AM. Reason: added "SPLIT TO" link

Speaker Johnson was asked by reporters why he changed his opinion on reforming Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), a controversial surveillance law that is meant to target foreign adversaries, but often surveils Americans’ communications without a warrant.

Johnson this week came out against a warrant requirement for Section 702 and moved not to allow an amendment that would have barred intelligence and law enforcement agencies from purchasing Americans’ private information through third-party data brokers. This is considered a run around the Fourth Amendment protection against warrantless searches.

This amounts to a dramatic reversal, since Johnson supported legislation to close the data broker loophole in July 2023, and the Louisiana congressman supported the USA RIGHTS act, which FreedomWorks described as one of the “strongest possible reforms” of FISA.

Johnson said his reversal came after receiving classified briefings on Section 702. He explained:

When I was a member of Judiciary I saw the abuses of the FBI, the terrible abuses over and over and over… and then when I became Speaker I went to the SCIF and got the confidential briefing on sort of the other perspective on that to understand the necessity of section 702 of FISA and how important it is for national security. And it gave me a different perspective.

“That’s part of the process, you have to be fully informed,” he added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...powers-reform/

It's amazing what a bunch of weak kneed cucks supposed "conservatives" are. One talk with the perps destroying this country and they cave. $#@! this guy.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Johnson said his reversal came after receiving classified briefings on Section 702. He explained:

[...] I saw the abuses of the FBI, the terrible abuses over and over and over… and then [I] got the confidential briefing [...] to understand the necessity of section 702 of FISA and how important it is for national security. And it gave me a different perspective.

It's amazing what a bunch of weak kneed cucks supposed "conservatives" are. One talk with the perps destroying this country and they cave. $#@! this guy.
    Shut up, you ignorant peasant!

Unlike our betters, you have not been given any "confidential briefings" - so what the hell do you know?

Just keep your mind upon your labors, comrade, and leave matters of the State to the State.

Shut up, you ignorant peasant!

Unlike our betters, you have not been given any "confidential briefings" - so what the hell do you know?

Just keep your mind upon your labors, comrade, and leave matters of the State to the State.
    He really needs to go but since we're so close to an election it seems more prudent just to keep blocking him in every way possible and hope that Rs win a clear majority in November with enough actual conservatives who care about the constitution being among them. Probably too much to hope for.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

He really needs to go but since we're so close to an election it seems more prudent just to keep blocking him in every way possible and hope that Rs win a clear majority in November with enough actual conservatives who care about the constitution being among them. Probably too much to hope for.
    R’s finalized taking us off the gold standard in ‘71. R’ brought us the Patriot Act and TSA. It was a R who promised a New World Order. The R’s pushed out Operation Warp Speed, FISA renewals, and now this. It was the R’s who kept caving and we have the highest debt this nation ever had. It is R’s who never mention Fed tax dollars funding human trafficking, but instead want to build walls and police-state apparatus, which can and will be used against us.

I have no love for democrats, but I must ask, why in the he|| do you want republicans to “win”???

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/sta...54465342193825

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    R’s finalized taking us off the gold standard in ‘71. R’ brought us the Patriot Act and TSA. It was a R who promised a New World Order. The R’s pushed out Operation Warp Speed, FISA renewals, and now this. It was the R’s who kept caving and we have the highest debt this nation ever had. It is R’s who never mention Fed tax dollars funding human trafficking, but instead want to build walls and police-state apparatus, which can and will be used against us.

I have no love for democrats, but I must ask, why in the he|| do you want republicans to “win”???
    I know, I know I'm just hoping for a handful like Massie.

-GLP poster

He explained:

"When I was a member of Judiciary I saw the abuses of the FBI, the terrible abuses over and over and over… and then when I became Speaker I went to the SCIF and got the confidential briefing on sort of the other perspective on that to understand the necessity of section 702 of FISA and how important it is for national security. And it gave me a different perspective."

$#@! this guy.
    You are goddamned right...$#@! this $#@!ing guy.

Confidential briefing my aching $#@!ing ass...they got him in an empty office and showed him real or deepfake photos of him being blown by a ten year old boy or some $#@! like that.

These are not serious people: if the briefing on national security and terrorism was so scary that it justifies, in his pea brain, the wanton destruction of basic and core liberties, then the first $#@!ing thing you would do the next is close the goddamn border, instead of continuing to allow the invasion of millions of wretched refuse from God knows where, looking to do Go knows what, inside our country.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You are goddamned right...$#@! this $#@!ing guy.

Confidential briefing my aching $#@!ing ass...they got him in an empty office and showed him real or deepfake photos of him being blown by a ten year old boy or some $#@! like that.

These are not serious people: if the briefing on national security and terrorism was so scary that it justifies, in his pea brain, the wanton destruction of basic and core liberties, then the first $#@!ing thing you would do the next is close the goddamn border, instead of continuing to allow the invasion of millions of wretched refuse from God knows where, looking to do Go knows what, inside our country.
    WORD

When they get the top secret briefings, it's like aliens abducted them and stuck a cattle prod up their ass and they come out completely under the aliens control. I don't know if it's blackmail (MTG suggested that) or just chicken $#@! fear intel agency threats. As far as I'm concerned, the worse any security situation is (all created by permanent Washington) the more vital our rights are. I don't care if there's a $#@!ing nuclear war. There is NO REASON for these snakes to ever violate our rights.

-GLP poster

I sorta expected the Fake Right would approve FISA in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    FISA reform fails...

Mike Johnson the fake christian.

"National security" for who? this act is going to make people distrust both parties.

FISA reform fails...

I'm shocked, completely and utterly shocked that the Speaker would vote that way.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorLiberty View Post
    "National security" for who? this act is going to make people distrust both parties.
    Actually, it’s almost the weekend.

Next week, people will forget all about it (short-term memories and all), and will continue rooting for their “team”.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually, it’s almost the weekend.

Next week, people will forget all about it (short-term memories and all), and will continue rooting for their “team”.
    That’s why politicians vote the way that they do; they can always, always count on people to forget/forgive the past and vote for them again. See how trusting toward the people politicians really are?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Option 3 seems to be the easiest. At this point, we create money out of thin air, we violate the Constitution hourly, we illegally fund foreign adventurism... I don't see why we really need bills or laws at all. They don't matter anyway.

Always remember and never forget that statutes always matter then Theye say they do, and don't matter only when Theye say they don't.

This has been a public service announcement.

You're welcome.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna Initiates Unprecedented Move to Stall FISA Bill — Demands New Vote After House Uniparty Approves Bill Granting ‘Deep State’ the Power to Spy on Americans Without Warrant

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ed-move-stall/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Color me surprised.

Or not.

Mors tyrannis, and I mean mors.

Is there a list of these traitors? Asking for a friend...

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

The traitors who voted against the Biggs Amendment are:

I am appalled, disgusted, and ashamed that one of them is from WV.

TYRANNY: House PASSES Bill to Renew FISA Warrantless Spy Program by 273-147 Vote – Here’s the 126 Republicans Who Voted YES to Snoop on Americans Without Meaningful Limits

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rrantless-spy/

To John Moolenaar, MI 2nd district:

With your FISA vote, you have betrayed real conservatives and constitutionalists everywhere. We are in a life or death fight to save the Bill of Rights, under attack from the Democrats and neocons, who may as well be Bolsheviks. Thank God we do have some fighting for us, in the corrupt sewer of congress, but you aren't one of them. I have voted for you but never will again. In lieu of a vote for you, I will be sending a campaign contribution to Thomas Massie. What you have done is unforgivable. Take me off of your mailing list.

-GLP poster

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #255:

Rep. Warren Davidson on Militarism and Surveillance
    https://rumble.com/v4p6jmz-rep.-warr...veillance.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 12 April 2024}

[/INDENT]

Johnson is a disgrace along with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Color me surprised.

Or not.

Mors tyrannis, and I mean mors.

Is there a list of these traitors? Asking for a friend...
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The traitors who voted against the Biggs Amendment are:

I am appalled, disgusted, and ashamed that one of them is from WV.
    I have been trying to capture key votes in the following thread. If there is a key vote that is not in that thread, be sure to add it!

Republican Congressional Scorecard

Vote to require warrants for FISA surveillance. These are the "NO" (bad) votes:

Roll Call 114 | Bill Number: H. R. 7888

Aderholt Republican Alabama NO
    Bacon Republican Nebraska NO
    Balderson Republican Ohio NO
    Barr Republican Kentucky NO
    Bice Republican Oklahoma NO
    Buchanan Republican Florida NO
    Bucshon Republican Indiana NO
    Burgess Republican Texas NO
    Calvert Republican California NO
    Carl Republican Alabama NO
    Carter (GA) Republican Georgia NO
    Carter (TX) Republican Texas NO
    Chavez-DeRemer Republican Oregon NO
    Cole Republican Oklahoma NO
    Crawford Republican Arkansas NO
    Crenshaw Republican Texas NO
    D'Esposito Republican New York NO
    De La Cruz Republican Texas NO
    Diaz-Balart Republican Florida NO
    Duarte Republican California NO
    Ellzey Republican Texas NO
    Estes Republican Kansas NO
    Ezell Republican Mississippi NO
    Feenstra Republican Iowa NO
    Ferguson Republican Georgia NO
    Fitzpatrick Republican Pennsylvania NO
    Flood Republican Nebraska NO
    Franklin, Scott Republican Florida NO
    Gallagher Republican Wisconsin NO
    Garbarino Republican New York NO
    Garcia, Mike Republican California NO
    Gimenez Republican Florida NO
    Gonzales, Tony Republican Texas NO
    Granger Republican Texas NO
    Graves (MO) Republican Missouri NO
    Guthrie Republican Kentucky NO
    Hill Republican Arkansas NO
    Hinson Republican Iowa NO
    Johnson (LA) Republican Louisiana NO
    Joyce (OH) Republican Ohio NO
    Kean (NJ) Republican New Jersey NO
    Kelly (MS) Republican Mississippi NO
    Kelly (PA) Republican Pennsylvania NO
    Kiggans (VA) Republican Virginia NO
    Kim (CA) Republican California NO
    Kustoff Republican Tennessee NO
    LaHood Republican Illinois NO
    LaLota Republican New York NO
    Lamborn Republican Colorado NO
    Latta Republican Ohio NO
    LaTurner Republican Kansas NO
    Lawler Republican New York NO
    Letlow Republican Louisiana NO
    Lucas Republican Oklahoma NO
    Malliotakis Republican New York NO
    McCaul Republican Texas NO
    McHenry Republican North Carolina NO
    Miller (OH) Republican Ohio NO
    Miller (WV) Republican West Virginia NO
    Miller-Meeks Republican Iowa NO
    Moore (UT) Republican Utah NO
    Moylan Republican Guam NO
    Murphy Republican North Carolina NO
    Nunn (IA) Republican Iowa NO
    Obernolte Republican California NO
    Pence Republican Indiana NO
    Pfluger Republican Texas NO
    Rogers (AL) Republican Alabama NO
    Rogers (KY) Republican Kentucky NO
    Rouzer Republican North Carolina NO
    Rutherford Republican Florida NO
    Salazar Republican Florida NO
    Scalise Republican Louisiana NO
    Scott, Austin Republican Georgia NO
    Smith (NE) Republican Nebraska NO
    Smucker Republican Pennsylvania NO
    Stefanik Republican New York NO
    Strong Republican Alabama NO
    Tenney Republican New York NO
    Turner Republican Ohio NO
    Valadao Republican California NO
    Van Orden Republican Wisconsin NO
    Wagner Republican Missouri NO
    Waltz Republican Florida NO
    Wenstrup Republican Ohio NO
    Womack Republican Arkansas NO
    https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2024114

Republicans who didn't vote:

Babin Republican Texas NOT VOTING
    González-Colón Republican Puerto Rico NOT VOTING
    Lesko Republican Arizona NOT VOTING
    Luetkemeyer Republican Missouri NOT VOTING
    Mooney Republican West Virginia NOT VOTING
    Radewagen Republican American Samoa NOT VOTING
    Wittman Republican Virginia NOT VOTING
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...77385210519712

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast