Thread: VP - "Student loans will be forgiven regardless of income, even if you didn't graduate"

VP - "Student loans will be forgiven regardless of income, even if you didn't graduate"

Well, the Marxists certainly know here their bread is buttered.

Outside of coloreds and queeers, college indoctrinated folks are their most certain voting bloc.

30 million people to be paid off with my money, with my privilege to go to work at 16.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...66762948219249

Vice President Kamala Harris unveils more student debt relief measures in North Philly
    The Biden administration expects the debt relief program will help 30 million people nationwide.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No sympathy for all college students that actually believe Harris's words.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

checks account...hmmm NOT ME! i wonder how they do that?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    VP - "Student loans will be forgiven regardless of income, even if you didn't graduate"
    And yet they'll still offering new student loans under the same paradigm as they always have. It's a broken system that:
    - Doesn't check whether the course of study is one that will generate an income necessary to pay off the loans in a reasonable amount of time
    - Doesn't check whether the students have the aptitude to compete in the specified curriculum
    - Has no follow-up to ensure that the students are performing well in their curriculums
    - Has no follow up to ensure that students aren't switching curriculums to something that's easier to perform well in.

If you have massive amounts of student loans being forgiven, you no longer have a student loan program. What you have is "free college education" without:
    - any checks on whether the students have chosen curriculums that allow them to be valuable members of the workforce
    - subsequent monitoring to ensure that those students are performing up to expectations in those curriculums.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    And yet they'll still offering new student loans under the same paradigm as they always have. It's a broken system that:
    - Doesn't check whether the course of study is one that will generate an income necessary to pay off the loans in a reasonable amount of time
    - Doesn't check whether the students have the aptitude to compete in the specified curriculum
    - Has no follow-up to ensure that the students are performing well in their curriculums
    - Has no follow up to ensure that students aren't switching curriculums to something that's easier to perform well in.

If you have massive amounts of student loans being forgiven, you no longer have a student loan program. What you have is "free college education" without:
    - any checks on whether the students have chosen curriculums that allow them to be valuable members of the workforce
    - subsequent monitoring to ensure that those students are performing up to expectations in those curriculums.
    Politicians; children with color printers; print more money, print more diplomas; just because it’s something fun to do; print print print.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Politicians; children with color printers; print more money, print more diplomas; just because it’s something fun to do; print print print.
    Yes and yes.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Ban usury. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    Ban usury. Problem solved.
    Ban usury.
    Become a military target of the Pentagon and assassination target of the CIA.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Biden Clears $6 Billion in Debt for Closed Art School’s Students
    May 1, 2024

President Joe Biden is forgiving $6.1 billion in student loans for more than 300,000 attendees of the Art Institutes, a shuttered group of private colleges accused of fraud — the latest effort to deliver on his promise of easing student-loan debt ahead of November’s election.

The Art Institutes once operated 50 campuses across the US, but its doors closed abruptly in September 2023. The move will provide automatic relief for 317,0000 people who enrolled in the colleges between Jan. 1, 2004 and Oct. 16, 2017.

The Education Department said the schools and parent company Education Management Corp. “made pervasive and substantial misrepresentations to prospective students about postgraduation employment rates, salaries, and career services during that time.” Education Management Corp. sold the entity in 2017.
    My first question would be: "What was the fraud (looks to be 'made pervasive and substantial misrepresentations), and why wasn't it caught before the federal government started issuing and guaranteeing loans for students attending the schools?"
    ... if the bureaucrats are doing due diligence regarding taxpayer dollars, shouldn't they be certain that those dollars are going to reputable institutions?

Next question: "Who's been indicted, prosecuted and convicted of this fraud?"
    ... because shouldn't they and the respective schools be the ones responsible for ponying up to pay the bill?

Lastly: "How incompetent do you have to be to allow fraud to go on from Jan. 1, 2004 through Oct. 16, 2017 without being detected?"
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

... if the bureaucrats are doing due diligence regarding taxpayer dollars, [...]
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Let the students declare bankruptcy like any other schmuck over their heads in debt. Put the banks and schools out of business . Confiscate the "professors'" retirement. 99% of higher education is a scam these days. They teach no skills to succeed. They only teach excuses for why the students fail in life.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    99% of higher education is a scam these days. They teach no skills to succeed. They only teach excuses for why the students fail in life.
    You're mistaking a credentialling system for an education system. They sell documents to get you past the HR screens for white collar jobs. They don't come right out and say that, but that's what it is. The more prestigious credentialling institutions make it a little more difficult to acquire the credential, but they've been out of the education business for decades.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Students will still have to pay their educational institution eventually.

Student loans will be forgiven regardless of income even if you didn t graduate
    Press x to doubt..

checks account...hmmm STILL THERE! i wonder how they do that?
    I WONDER IF THEY KNOW I CANT FIND WORK?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

It should be the new cornerstone for DNC. Like some grand retarded delusion right before the death of the empire. In a decade or two while these students are eating raw rats in the street they probably wont remember the studies at university.
    Do something Danke

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Let the students declare bankruptcy like any other schmuck over their heads in debt. Put the banks and schools out of business . Confiscate the "professors'" retirement. 99% of higher education is a scam these days. They teach no skills to succeed. They only teach excuses for why the students fail in life.
    My understanding is that all FAFSA-based student loans (both subsidized and unsubsidized) are issued by the US Government Department of Education. So what you're effectively recommending is what Biden is trying to do now by forgiving student loans; except, under your scenario, I could see "declaring bankruptcy" becoming a standard part of the college graduation ceremony, making student loan forgiveness universal.

Now if you got the government out of the business of issuing the loans, that'd be a whole different story. The lending institutions (if faced with loan recipients willing to declare bankruptcy) would then certainly be examining each individual case for credit worthiness and likelihood to repay the loans before issuing the loans.

I think a better system would be for financial/investment institutions to offer grants in exchange for a percentage cut of all future earnings (pay, bonuses, stock options, etc.) ... but I think it's questionable whether the 13th Amendment would allow for that or not.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-02-2024 at 09:41 PM.