Thread: Was just a 4.8 mag earthquake in NJ about 10:24am - 4/5/24

Was just a 4.8 mag earthquake in NJ about 10:24am - 4/5/24

They're saying Lebanon NJ, but felt throughout the state and in NY, Connecticut, Penn.
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...h3yv/executive

I'm in east NJ about 25 miles from NYC. My house shook, some rumbling noises, and stuff fell off a shelf. Cats reacted - didn't like it. Almost scary for a few seconds, but it was brief. I don't know of any serious damage.

I'm hearing "stongest earthquake in NJ since 1884".
    Before that, there was one in the 1783.

There was another mildish earthquake in NJ about 11? years ago - I remember it being discussed on this forum.

...I see NYC officials are holding press conferences, acting like it's almost a big-damn-deal-but-they're-on-top-of-things.
    Last edited by Valli6; 04-05-2024 at 10:25 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    4.8? You have to be right on top of that to feel anything...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    "We never get earthquakes." ...

Apparently, the "climate crisis" is hitting New Jersey even harder than she thought:

Expect more due to man made climate change.

Might need to move this thread to "U.S. Political News" ...

(RELATED: April 8th eclipse)

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status...44864847781897
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-05-2024 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Might need to move this thread to "U.S. Political News" ...

(RELATED: April 8th eclipse)

https://twitter.com/cenkuygur/status...44864847781897
    Perhaps an "Enstupidation USA" sub forum.

How can people, both left and right, be such hopeless idiots?

When every swinging dick on the face of the earth walks around with a radio super computer in their pockets.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-05-2024 at 08:49 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    They're saying Lebanon NJ, but felt throughout the state and in NY, Connecticut, Penn.
    https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthqua...h3yv/executive

I'm in east NJ about 25 miles from NYC. My house shook, some rumbling noises, and stuff fell off a shelf. Cats reacted - didn't like it. Almost scary for a few seconds, but it was brief. I don't know of any serious damage.

I'm hearing "stongest earthquake in NJ since 1884".
    Before that, there was one in the 1783.

There was another mildish earthquake in NJ about 11? years ago - I remember it being discussed on this forum.

...I see NYC officials are holding press conferences, acting like it's almost a big-damn-deal-but-they're-on-top-of-things.
    I have a cousin in Belmar, they felt it pretty good.

Word around the campfire is the Holland Tunnel is closed for inspections.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was driving from Ringoes to Frenchtown (Hunterdon County). Didn't feel a thing. Epicenter was in the boro of Lebanon. Road collapsed. News was there.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

There was a 4.0 aftershock at 5:59 pm.
    I heard the rumbling noise, but nothing fell off the shelves this time.
    I expect people in CA are laughing at us east coasters for thinking this is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Perhaps an "Enstupidation USA" sub forum.
    https://twitter.com/GOllumfun/status...62115243741654

The government must be behind this since they clearly have advanced technology that can create earthquakes.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Holy F....

This person can't be a real person. I've heard more comprehensible comments come out of the mouths of 5 year olds, giving the benefit of the doubt.

How does a person this blinkered... this completely detached from reality could possibly be allowed to run for Congress... Oh, no, never mind... I forgot that it's practically a requirement for office...