Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: Thought experiment to show why protectionism damages the economy

  1. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    CaptUSA: “Just leave people free to decide for themselves how and with whom they spend their hard earned money. That’s called freedom.”

    Swordy: “No! I (or my duely elected govt agents) get to decide who they may purchase from and how much, and if they try to circumvent these rules we get to send armed thugs out to beat them, kidnap them & throw them in rape cages or kill them. THAT’S freedom.”

    Hmmmm……
    And Trump just helped Johnson ram a bill out of committee that sets up illegal alien recruitment offices in the middle east.



    People ought to ask themselves which side they're on, because everyone else looks at them and does the same.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    And Trump just helped Johnson ram a bill out of committee that sets up illegal alien recruitment offices in the middle east.
    No he did not.
    McConnell blamed him for opposing it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  4. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    CaptUSA: “Just leave people free to decide for themselves how and with whom they spend their hard earned money. That’s called freedom.”

    Swordy: “No! I (or my duely elected govt agents) get to decide who they may purchase from and how much, and if they try to circumvent these rules we get to send armed thugs out to beat them, kidnap them & throw them in rape cages or kill them. THAT’S freedom.”

    Hmmmm……
    "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, and devil take the hindmost"

    When you tear down the defenses of a liberty society to allow in the enemies of liberty to destroy and oppress for a little filthy lucre in your wallet you will not even be eaten by the crocodile last, you will be eaten along side everyone else.

    The Luciferic evil of anarchism which will not serve its fellow countrymen in order to preserve maximum liberty for all leads directly to Ahrimanic evil and global tyranny.

    Luciferic Evil

    Luciferic evil is named for, and symbolized by, Lucifer’s rejection of God’s sovereignty: “I will not serve.” It represents the first stage of evil, in its anti-authoritarian, individualist, and rebellious aspect which seeks to overthrow cosmos (natural order) to maximize freedom of action. Luciferian evil is often attractive, in the lustful blood-and-song manner of ancient pagan heroes, pirates, and rebels.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...il-in-politics
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  5. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, and devil take the hindmost"

    When you tear down the defenses of a liberty society to allow in the enemies of liberty to destroy and oppress for a little filthy lucre in your wallet you will not even be eaten by the crocodile last, you will be eaten along side everyone else.

    The Luciferic evil of anarchism which will not serve its fellow countrymen in order to preserve maximum liberty for all leads directly to Ahrimanic evil and global tyranny.



    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...il-in-politics

    Wow. You can't even be bothered to honestly characterize what your opponents are actually advocating. No shock there. On the upside, your authoritarian wet dream of forcing others to live according to your dogma will never come to pass, so, I hope you thoroughly enjoy your frustration.
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  6. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    No he did not.
    McConnell blamed him for opposing it.
    LOL

    McConnell tells a lie you find convenient and suddenly he's some kind of oracle.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Wow. You can't even be bothered to honestly characterize what your opponents are actually advocating.
    It isn't about it being too big a bother. He can't risk thinking about alternate views because somewhere deep in his subconscious he does know what the stuff he's being fed, and regurgitates here, smells like.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-26-2024 at 05:10 AM.

  7. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOL

    McConnell tells a lie you find convenient and suddenly he's some kind of oracle.
    That's you and Graham.
    It's very clear Trump opposed the bill.



    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It isn't about it being too big a bother. He can't risk thinking about alternate views because somewhere deep in his subconscious he does know what the stuff he's being fed, and regurgitates here, smells like.
    And again you project yourself and the other Free Trade cultists.
    I'm the one who has made well thought out and reasoned arguments about my position and your position.
    All you guys do is repeat dogma and refuse to think about it even when presented with solid arguments.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



  8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  9. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm the one who has made well thought out and reasoned arguments about my position and your position.
    All you guys do is repeat dogma and refuse to think about it even when presented with solid arguments.
    All we have to do to find the source of your derangements is visit a treehouse. Post your link to the source of my dogma. Show what I cut to repaste here.

  10. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    All we have to do to find the source of your derangements is visit a treehouse. Post your link to the source of my dogma. Show what I cut to repaste here.
    You free trade cultists regularly refer to the sources of your dogma when you try to defeat logic and history with appeals to authority.

    You never engage on the logic or the facts, you just spout more memorized theory.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  11. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You free trade cultists regularly refer to the sources of your dogma when you try to defeat logic and history with appeals to authority.

    You never engage on the logic or the facts, you just spout more memorized theory.

    These are all lies. Over the years that this topic has been debated here you have been presented with everything you claim to have been denied and more, by a fairly large number of posters.

    Also, I find it hilarious to be called a “cultist” by somebody who has spent YEARS obsequiously defending Trump from the overwhelming majority of criticisms levied against him, most of them reasonable and richly deserved. Talk about a “cultist.”
    Chris

    "Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

    "...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

  12. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    These are all lies. Over the years that this topic has been debated here you have been presented with everything you claim to have been denied and more, by a fairly large number of posters.

    Also, I find it hilarious to be called a “cultist” by somebody who has spent YEARS obsequiously defending Trump from the overwhelming majority of criticisms levied against him, most of them reasonable and richly deserved. Talk about a “cultist.”
    Liberals accuse others of their own sins all the time too. Funny how much those two groups of cultists, who fancy themselves so different, have in common.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678


Similar Threads

  1. Activism Thought Experiment
    By CCTelander in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-30-2019, 01:52 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
  3. An Ohio thought experiment
    By Maestro232 in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
  4. A Thought Experiment.
    By Sentient Void in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 06:29 PM
  5. Thought Experiment: Tax Free Society
    By denison in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •