Thread: A Deal For Assange?

A Deal For Assange?

A Deal For Assange?

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that a deal was being discussed between Wikileaks founder Julian Assange's legal team and the US Department of Justice that might result in a plea to lesser charges. Good idea? Also today: New York is nuts - squatters have more rights than homeowners! Finally: Say it ain't so, Trump - new speculation about his top cabinet picks should terrify us.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The only deal the Deep State would accept is Assange dying in prison.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

A British court ruled Tuesday that Julian Assange can’t be extradited to the United States on espionage charges unless U.S. authorities guarantee he won't get the death penalty, giving the WikiLeaks founder a partial victory in his long legal battle over the site's publication of classified American documents.

Two High Court judges said they would grant Assange a new appeal unless U.S. authorities give further assurances within three weeks about what will happen to him. The ruling means the legal saga, which has dragged on for more than a decade, will continue — and Assange will remain inside London’s high-security Belmarsh Prison, where he has spent the last five years.

Judges Victoria Sharp and Jeremy Johnson said the U.S. must guarantee that Assange, who is Australian, “is afforded the same First Amendment protections as a United States citizen, and that the death penalty is not imposed.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/us/uk...ty/ar-BB1kyCC7