Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Endorses Mike Rogers for Senate

Trump Endorses Mike Rogers for Senate

https://twitter.com/mkibbe/status/1767286073158234319
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michigan will vote for most stalineque candidate
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-12-2024 at 07:01 AM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "[Trump] values sycophancy over principles, even when the sycophants he empowers actively work against his stated interests. See John Bolton." -- https://twitter.com/mkibbe/status/1767286073158234319
    Trump is an erratic, image-obsessed narcissist who has no principles.

Thus, valuing sycophancy is one of his default settings.

The hell of it is, having no principles still puts him ahead of Biden and others (who have bad principles) - and his erraticness occasionally results in him doing a "right" thing (or at least a "not-as-wrong" thing), even if only on reactionary impulse.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The primary field is quite terrible. Mike Rogers might be the least horrible. Both Justin Amash and Peter Meijer voted to impeach Trump so they're out. It'll be fun watching Amash lose. Trump endorsed John James for Michigan senate in 2018, and John won a house seat in 2022. If John was running for senate again, I bet he would get the endorsement!
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Rand upset Trump endorsed liberal Mike Rogers

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1767322669274272019

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1767326084192932123

There was a real conservative who has governed like a conservative running in the primary That should have been endorsed by Rand. Too late now.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-11-2024 at 09:12 PM. Reason: embedded the referenced tweets

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Trump is an erratic, image-obsessed narcissist who has no principles.

Thus, valuing sycophancy is one of his default settings.

The hell of it is, having no principles still puts him ahead of Biden and others (who have bad principles) - and his erraticness occasionally results in him doing a "right" thing (or at least a "not-as-wrong" thing), even if only on reactionary impulse.
    This is probably the best summation of the political Donald Trump that I've ever read. Having no principles is actually better than having poor principles, and that is something that very few people ever consider.

https://twitter.com/HooverforSenate/...32978277859447
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What are the options, a deep state republican vs a dem?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What are the options, a deep state republican vs a dem?
    Justin Amash.

https://twitter.com/mkibbe/status/1767286073158234319
    Pretty sure Trump still crying about the 2020 election and defending the COVID vaccines are a much bigger Achilles heel. Endorsing neocons is a close third though.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I lived in this neocon's district for most of his tenure in Congress. He was redistricted after Gary Peters wanted more secure and heavily Democrat areas for his. He was one of the worst congressman. He's a clone of Liz Cheney or John McCain. There has never been a war he wasn't for sending someone else's kids to. Unfortunately enough time has passed for this to be ancient history and people idiot Republicans in Michigan will vote for him the way they voted for Rick Snyder.

Justin Amash for Senate

Follow the Constitution.
    Read the bills.
    Stop governing by emergency.
    End the forever war.
    Stop borrowing trillions.
    No central bank digital currency.
    Protect free speech.
    Repeal Patriot Act/FISA 702.
    End civil asset forfeiture.

Let’s do it!

Rep. Mike Rogers, Michigan, District 8
    Republican

Freedom Index Score: 51%
    The John Birch Society is a grassroots education and action organization to return the Republic to the principles found in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. -- Join the Fight!

https://twitter.com/pepesgrandma/sta...93150992003472

The guy is just clueless. I need @Swordsmyth to come in here and explain to me how this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    The guy is just clueless. I need @Swordsmyth to come in here and explain to me how this makes sense.
    It's pretty simple. Punish Amash, curry favor with neocon establishment, even though they hate him.

As usual, Trump's fatal flaw. He thinks the world revolves entirely and solely around "I scratch your back, you scratch mine". He believes if he gives people endorsements, jobs, or favors and they will be loyal to Trump forever. They will lay all the past aside. Trump is a damned fool.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whenever Trump makes moves like this it just reinforces my point that he's not trying to win and is secretly supporting the Democrats as they destroy our country.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It's pretty simple. Punish Amash, curry favor with neocon establishment, even though they hate him.

As usual, Trump's fatal flaw. He thinks the world revolves entirely and solely around "I scratch your back, you scratch mine". He believes if he gives people endorsements, jobs, or favors and they will be loyal to Trump forever. They will lay all the past aside. Trump is a damned fool.
    It's just hard to believe that a guy who's been in multi-million dollar business for as long as he has would be that freaking naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Whenever Trump makes moves like this it just reinforces my point that he's not trying to win and is secretly supporting the Democrats as they destroy our country.
    That's probably a better explanation than that he's just a dupe...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Well, I can see why you think that. This is beyond $#@!ed up. It's beyond not having principals. It's STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. He is continually attracted to and supporting people who would gladly see him assassinated. That's how much they hate him and any notions of America first. Trump has learned absolutely NOTHING! Why is that? Because he's a narc and they're never wrong so never do any self introspection and correct previous errors. I swear, this has to be some deep psychological thing like how he could never please his father so he's repeating that script by constantly seeking approval from his enemies.
    'Here......Once again, we have gathered in the depths of a small Cotswold town called Stow-On-the Wold, among the town and country folk, we can witness the lesser spotted Karens, going about other peoples business, in their natural habitat'.......

-In the voice of Sir David Attenborough

It's just hard to believe that a guy who's been in multi-million dollar business for as long as he has would be that freaking naive.
    It's almost as if being rich and being smart are unrelated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Still butthurt over Amash I see.

Trump's ego is his single biggest downside.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

It's not hard to believe. It's impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    He is continually attracted to and supporting people who would gladly see him assassinated.
    Or, the previous generations were very much right when they tried to teach us that appearances are deceiving.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-12-2024 at 12:52 AM.

Least bad option.

Amash is a rabid never Trumper traitor with poison pills in his record:

In 2013, he advocated repealing the Defense of Marriage Act, saying that the “real threat to traditional marriage & religious liberty is government, not gay couples who love each other & want to spend lives together”. He applauded the Supreme Court redefining marriage in Obergefell v. Hodges

In 2017, Amash was one of two dozen Republicans to vote against an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act that would have prohibited taxpayer funds from being used by the Department of Defense to provide gender transition support to military members. He said, “Those who serve in our Armed Forces deserve the best medical care...With respect to transgender persons, we should focus on the best science, not the political or philosophical opinions of partisans”.

In 2019, Amash voted "present" on a resolution objecting to Trump's restrictions on transgender individuals in the military.

In May 2020, Amash stated that if elected president, he would support and protect transgender Americans, saying, “I think that people can take the term ‘sex’ that's in federal law and interpret it to mean things beyond what it traditionally meant...I would protect transgender Americans under the protections that exist for sex"

He also voted to let illegal invaders vote.

Meijer is also bad.

Trump is making the least bad option owe him a favor.
    The guy probably has a lock on it anyway.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Right, he should endorse the guy who voted for the treasonous fake impeachment of him instead.
    Amash totally won't rush to stab him in tha back over and over again.
    Right.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Still butthurt over Amash I see.

Trump's ego is his single biggest downside.
    He's right about Amash.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yeah, this does seem like the most likely scenario. "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" is a very business oriented mindset. It can work in politics, but only if you're "in the club", and for numerous reasons, even though he's a billionaire, he's not and never will be in the club, and he's too much of a wild card to be trusted by the political elites.

Haha. I don't envy Michigan. I'd stay home if I had to choose between a TDS deep state scum candidate and a TDS lolbertarian candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Trump endorsed John James for Michigan senate in 2018, and John won a house seat in 2022. If John was running for senate again, I bet he would get the endorsement!
    As much as I can find positives in Trump, I can totally buy this. Of course he would endorse the guy who wants to give expedited citizenship to every Mahmoud, Juan and Krishna who crosses the border if Trump thinks he would win the seat.

... he's not and never will be in the club...
    You said you are 48? He has been a member of that club you speak of since before you were born.

Since before you were born.

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1767326084192932123

Amash is a rabid never Trumper traitor with poison pills in his record:
    Opposing Trump and being willing to spoil vets is worse than killing millions of people and...

Opposing Trump.

Got it. I think...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-12-2024 at 05:53 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast