Thread: RFK Jr's reparations plan, revised

RFK Jr's reparations plan, revised

Since this issue has come up a few times...

RFK Jr. quietly changes stance on reparations after major blowback
    Published Oct. 26, 2023

“My policy of Targeted Community Repair is not the same as race-based reparations. The program will make capital and resources available to the poorest and most desperate communities in America. These include inner cities, the rust belt, Appalachia, the devastated towns of the farm belt, etc. Yes, because Black people are disproportionately poor, this program will benefit them disproportionately. But the criteria will be indicators like poverty, addiction rates, violence, etc. Not skin color,” he wrote on X.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/r...fter-blowback/
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a sign that RFK Jr., in spite of saying a few positive things on some subjects, fundamentally misunderstands the role of government in a free society and the effectiveness of government programs overall.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's a sign that RFK Jr., in spite of saying a few positive things on some subjects, fundamentally misunderstands the role of government in a free society and the effectiveness of government programs overall.[/IMG]
    Very true.

But at least he remembers that Democrats are supposed to be colorblind. At this point "not a hypocrite" is a major, major selling point.

Yeah, he sucks on a lot of policy issues. At least he isn't Trump again or Biden again. That alone is his best attribute in this election.

A lot of conservatives who were planning on voting for him definitely changed their minds after his support of reparations.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Very true.

But at least he remembers that Democrats are supposed to be colorblind. At this point "not a hypocrite" is a major, major selling point.
    But he only altered it after extreme backlash. How could anyone be such tard to even think reparations are okay? They've been getting reparations in the form of affirmative action in govt jobs and school admissions and over two trillion federal dollars pumped into black communities since the 60s, not to mention welfare. If RFK Jr is worried about their disproportionate level of poverty, he should address plantation politics of Democraps that have destroyed the black community and cranked out violent criminal spawn.

It wasn't that long ago that he also said heads of fossil fuel companies who deny human caused climate change should be put in prison.I'm very sympathetic to environmental protection but that's insane Church of Global Warming cultish. What else is he a solid Democrap on?
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    What else is he a solid Democrap on?
    Less all the time. He was a vaccine cheerleader, back when vaccines were vaccines, not mad scientist experiments (give or take a little mercury, this and that, which did seem to concern him).

He's old line Democrat, and not moving much. He's emblematic of Boomer Hippies who look at the Democrats hating on equality, homeopathy and trees, and say, maybe I should leave this party because this party has certainly left me! In that way, at least, he's not a hypocrite.

I remember the years of, "Glen Beck is coming around, I'm telling ya!" and I don't want to sound like that. But...

If he is who I think he is, it's an open question if he'll survive -- literally -- the obligatory recount. Experiences like that tend to hone one's priorities and sensibilities. Besides, there wouldn't be much he could do with a hostile Congress determined to make him look bad. Except order troops home, clean house in executive branch agencies (or prove they're beyond presidential control), declassify stuff...

Since this issue has come up a few times...

RFK Jr. quietly changes stance on reparations after major blowback
    Published Oct. 26, 2023

“My policy of Targeted Community Repair is not the same as race-based reparations. The program will make capital and resources available to the poorest and most desperate communities in America. These include inner cities, the rust belt, Appalachia, the devastated towns of the farm belt, etc. Yes, because Black people are disproportionately poor, this program will benefit them disproportionately. But the criteria will be indicators like poverty, addiction rates, violence, etc. Not skin color,” he wrote on X.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/r...fter-blowback/
    Classic communist unending redistribution of wealth.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very true.

He's just running from his record and heading towards full communism.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah, he sucks on a lot of policy issues. At least he isn't Trump again or Biden again. That alone is his best attribute in this election.
    The same could be said for Mao and Hitler.
    And I'm sure you'd say it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

What else is he a solid Democrap on?
    Almost everything.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Classic communist unending redistribution of wealth.
    Kind of like when Trump redistributed my wealth to Pfizer and Moderna?

The same could be said for Mao and Hitler.
    And I'm sure you'd say it.
    I know you think you're not comparing Biden and Trump to Mao and Hitler. But the way you misused the language, that's pretty much exactly what you're doing.

I think what you're trying to say is that Biden compares to Hindenburg, the man who pissed off the Aryans by indulging deviant behavior and destroying the currency. If so, then we have to wonder if the one they're grooming to play the Hitler role is Kennedy, or Trump.

Hmmm...

Hate to tell you, but if I was Casting Director for this psyop, I wouldn't pick someone who can barely speak above a whisper.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-29-2024 at 06:27 AM.

Kind of like when Trump redistributed my wealth to Pfizer and Moderna?
    Nothing like it at all.
    Trump was involved in government spending money on things it shouldn't be spent on, RFK wants to permanently rob the rich to give to the poor.
    The poor are always with us and their numbers are always increased by the kind of thing he proposes, so it will continue forever without even supposedly purchasing something for the public good until all are equal in the dirt. (except Kennedy and his Commie friends)

I know you think you're not comparing Biden and Trump to Mao and Hitler. But the way you misused the language, that's pretty much exactly what you're doing.

I think what you're trying to say is that Biden compares to Hindenburg, the man who pissed off the Aryans by indulging deviant behavior and destroying the currency. If so, then we have to wonder if the one they're grooming to play the Hitler role is Kennedy, or Trump.

Hmmm...

Hate to tell you, but if I was Casting Director for this psyop, I wouldn't pick someone who can barely speak above a whisper.
    I see you fail to understand English.
    I responded to a sentence about RFK and compared him to Mao and Hitler.
    The only argument that can be made for RFK is that he isn't Biden or Trump (Trump being the point of the comment), and the exact same could and would be said for Stalin or Pol Pot too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Nothing like it at all.
    Trump was involved in government spending money on things it shouldn't be spent on, RFK wants to permanently rob the rich to give to the poor.
    The poor are always with us and their numbers are always increased by the kind of thing he proposes...
    ... and the same thing can be said of crony capitalists dealing out death and the way Trump fed them.

It's always interesting to see what you fervently disapprove of, and how similar the things are that you do approve of (or, at least, spend a lot of time making excuses for).
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-29-2024 at 08:02 AM.

... and the same thing can be said of crony capitalists dealing out death and the way Trump fed them.

It's always interesting to see what you fervently disapprove of, and how similar the things are that you do approve of (or, at least, spend a lot of time making excuses for).
    To lefties, anyone who is wildly successful in business is a crony capitalist. 🙄
    No - No - No - No

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    To lefties, anyone who is wildly successful in business is a crony capitalist. 🙄
    Where do Pfizer, Moderna, General Dynamics and Raytheon get their wild success from?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    White Man's Burden.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Less all the time. He was a vaccine cheerleader, back when vaccines were vaccines, not mad scientist experiments (give or take a little mercury, this and that, which did seem to concern him).

He's old line Democrat, and not moving much. He's emblematic of Boomer Hippies who look at the Democrats hating on equality, homeopathy and trees, and say, maybe I should leave this party because this party has certainly left me! In that way, at least, he's not a hypocrite.

I remember the years of, "Glen Beck is coming around, I'm telling ya!" and I don't want to sound like that. But...

If he is who I think he is, it's an open question if he'll survive -- literally -- the obligatory recount. Experiences like that tend to hone one's priorities and sensibilities. Besides, there wouldn't be much he could do with a hostile Congress determined to make him look bad. Except order troops home, clean house in executive branch agencies (or prove they're beyond presidential control), declassify stuff...

I just flipped on the TV and a clip of McConnell was on and he was saying about he supports Rand Paul but that was all I caught. Was he talking about as minority leader?

-GLP poster

McConnell naming Rand Paul as his preferred replacement would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    McConnell naming Rand Paul as his preferred replacement would be huge.
    There are other adjectives I can think of. Unlikely. Uncanny. Unbelievable.