Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Revolution.

  1. #1

    Revolution.

    Replacing one tyranny with another defeats the point of rebellion, does it not?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

    It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

    Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I certainly think so. But it seems there are quite a lot of people who are fine with it, so long as it's their flavor. They don't appear to care that you can only get as much liberty as you give. They just want to impose their preferences on their neighbors, rather than have their neighbors' preferences imposed on them.

    But in any case they're obviously content to impose their will on their neighbors.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-24-2024 at 09:32 AM.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I certainly think so. But it seems there are quite a lot of people who are fine with it, so long as it's their flavor. They don't appear to care that you can only get as much liberty as you give. They just want to impose their preferences on their neighbors, rather than have their neighbors' preferences imposed on them.

    But in any case they're obviously content to impose their will on their neighbors.
    I would be an excellent tyrant. Everyone would like me. Or else
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

    My pronouns are he/him/his

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Replacing one tyranny with another defeats the point of rebellion, does it not?
    So does leaving a vacuum and allowing someone else to fill it with a new tyranny.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    So does leaving a vacuum and allowing someone else to fill it with a new tyranny.
    So, are you saying that filling the vacuum with a different flavor of tyranny is the only way to do a revolution..?

    1776 was an illusion? We all need to guarantee that we lose? If not, then just exactly is your point?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, are you saying that filling the vacuum with a different flavor of tyranny is the only way to do a revolution..?

    1776 was an illusion? We all need to guarantee that we lose? If not, then just exactly is your point?
    Where did I say to fill it with a tyranny?
    The Founders attempted to fill it with a non-tyranny, how well they succeeded and how long it lasted as relatively nontyrannical are up for opinion and debate.
    We can certainly improve on what they did given the chance.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

    Robert Heinlein

    Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

    Groucho Marx

    I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

    Linus, from the Peanuts comic

    You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

    Alexis de Torqueville

    Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

    A Zero Hedge comment



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 10:12 AM
  4. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:14 PM
  5. Article comparing American Revolution with Ron Paul Revolution
    By dude58677 in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •