Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump fans launch GoFundMe to raise $355M ex-prez owes after civil fraud trial

Trump fans launch GoFundMe to raise $355M ex-prez owes after civil fraud trial

[RELATED: Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud, Stripping Control of Key Properties

h/t @69360

Trump fans launch GoFundMe to raise $355M ex-prez owes after civil fraud trial

https://nypost.com/2024/02/17/us-new...l-fraud-trial/

Published Feb. 17, 2024, 2:36 p.m. ET

Fans of former president Donald Trump have turned to online fundraising to help him pay a massive $355 million civil court fraud judgment.

“The recent legal battles he faces are not just an attack on him, but an attack on the very ideals of fairness and due process that every American deserves,” reads a GoFundMe effort launched Friday and seeking to raise the nine-figure sum Trump owes. “It’s a moment that calls into question the balance of justice and the application of law, disproportionately aimed at silencing a voice that has been at the forefront of advocating for American strength, prosperity, and security.”

Donate here:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-wit...the-settlement
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-21-2024 at 12:29 AM. Reason: added related thread link
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to know if anyone else will match my $0 donation today.

Should probably wait until after the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'll meet your zero and raise it another 0
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Ya the amount of that should be lowered by 354 million or so
    Do something Danke

If the appellate court is stacked with libs, I would hope it goes to the SCOTUS. i don't see how anyone can be sued without a party who suffered damages!
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

You don't even get a pillow?

There's a sucker born every minute.

Trump would have to post bond to even file an appeal.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd rather see this money go to...you know...actually getting him elected.

in order to appeal, he has to put down a significant amount of the judgement
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Just donated 5x that amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    in order to appeal, he has to put down a significant amount of the judgement
    I put it down every night, brah.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

I put it down every night, brah.
    You read the NY Post comment section, brah
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You read the NY Post comment section, brah
    Brah, I puts it down EVERY NIGHT.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Trump must love the idea of his supporters paying his fines for him so he doesn't have to.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Trump must love the idea of his supporters paying his fines for him so he doesn't have to.
    He's going to keep the change, too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Match it? I'll even triple it!
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You don't even get a pillow?

There's a sucker born every minute.
    At least they volunteer to be suckers, unlike those being forced to pay for the salaries and operations of people like the judge and prosecutor "plaintiff's attorney" in this case.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    A fool and his money are soon parted.
    Any man and his property are soon parted under a tyranny.

That's a good name for the MAGA movement. Voluntyranny.

I sure as hell am not donating. That 355 mil ruling is ridiculous, and that gofundme is just as ridiculous. It's wiser to donate to your own beans and bullets, because things are getting crazier and crazier.

Honestly, it's just as good a name for the Woke movement. Voluntyranny.

Pick your flavor of voluntyranny. The winners get to impose their flavor on the losers. Because a republic be dammed, this is mob ru--er, I mean democracy.

There's a third way. How the hell do we sell it to this ship of fools?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-19-2024 at 02:02 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moneybomb for Trump!

https://twitter.com/willstauff/statu...58674749513765
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is that satire? It's hard to tell these days. It's like the TV preachers, "Give until it hurts, and God will reward you."

I am getting old and sometimes get confused about which America should be loved most , 1491 , 1774 , 1912 or 1957. Im guessing anything after 1970 isnt getting as much love ( 1969 last yr of any real money minted for circulation in US , the 1969 40 percent silver half dollar, seven of them is just slightly over an ounce of silv ). 54 years of fake money, now third world inflation created by 500 percent increase in govt debt in 24 yrs , money printing , foreign aid and welfare . 1776 Declaration of Independence , rich white american guys risk everything to throw out the king and his minor taxes so they can form higher taxes, unleash fed troops upon the citizens for tax evasion , 1794. Fed Res created 1913. Pretty much a disaster and on its way out. Even if trump won it changes nothing , you have the senate lead by schumer , at best a house gop by a couple vote margin.More debt , more printing , more interest on debt , more inflation, more foreign aid , money laundering, worthless dollar etc
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-19-2024 at 04:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am getting old and sometimes get confused about which America should be loved most , 1491 , 1774 , 1912 or 1957. Im guessing anything after 1970 isnt getting as much love ( 1969 last yr of any real money minted for circulation in US , the 1969 40 percent silver half dollar, seven of them is just slightly over an ounce of silv ). 54 years of fake money, now third world inflation created by 500 percent increase in govt debt in 24 yrs , money printing , foreign aid and welfare . 1776 Declaration of Independence , rich white american guys risk everything to throw out the king and his minor taxes so they can form higher taxes, unleash fed troops upon the citizens for tax evasion , 1794. Fed Res created 1913. Pretty much a disaster and on its way out. Even if trump won it changes nothing , you have the senate lead by schumer , at best a house gop by a couple vote margin.More debt , more printing , more interest on debt , more inflation, more foreign aid , money laundering, worthless dollar etc
    Any space left in the Longhouse for me?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    1957 would be more to my taste now. I thought the 80's were a good time too.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Match it? I'll even triple it!
    I'll quadruple it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast