Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Impeaches Mayorkas

House Impeaches Mayorkas

Steve Scalise broke the tie.
    House Impeaches Mayorkas In Historic Vote
    TUESDAY, FEB 13, 2024 - 07:27 PM

Exactly a week after a failed attempt, the House has impeached Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, under whose tenure more than 10 million illegal immigrants have entered the US - doubling the existing population of migrants.

With a vote of 214-213, Mayorkas is the first cabinet official to be impeached since the 1870s.
    Last week's effort to impeach Mayorkas failed by one vote because three Republicans voted with all the Democrats against the move. The vote was made possible only by the return of House Majority Leader Steve Scalise (R-La.), who missed last week’s vote while undergoing treatment for blood cancer, according to The Hill.

Mayorkas was accused of demonstrating a "willful and systemic refusal to comply with the law," and "breaching the public trust," which Democrats suggested was nothing more than disagreements over policy or performance failings, but not impeachable crimes.

"Secretary Mayorkas is a danger to every American," said Rep. Dan Bishop (R-NC) on X. "I’m voting to impeach him."

The GOP leaders moved to hold the vote before their majority potentially shrinks even further, with a*closely watched special election Tuesday in New York to replace expelled Republican Rep. George Santos. The race is considered a tossup.

Republicans continued the impeachment effort after rejecting an effort in the Senate to craft a bipartisan border deal to address many of the same issues House conservatives are raising. House Speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) called the Senate’s deal—which paired aid for Ukraine with changes to border policy—dead on arrival, eventually leading most Republicans in the House and Senate to criticize the bill as insufficient. On Tuesday morning, the Senate passed a $95.3 billion package for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan that excluded border-policy changes. -WSJ

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-historic-vote

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good.

I know it's a toothless measure but good.

$#@! that guy.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Thank God. He's a commie. What will the senate do?
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    It won’t go al the way in impeachment (democratic controlled)

, but this guys days of unaccountability are numbered

I don't like the guy but this is pointless grandstanding to me. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I don't like the guy but this is pointless grandstanding to me. Whatever floats your boat I guess.
    I have no problem with Congress exercising some muscle over the Executive.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    schumer will give him a hand job is my guess
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    schumer will give him a hand job is my guess
    Followed by sacrificing an unaccompanied minor to Ba'al.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The $#@!er willfully allowed our country to be invaded and this is grandstanding? Public hanging is more appropriate but that option seems out of reach. Impeach the traitors if that is all congress can do.
    No - No - No - No

Does he lose his job, goto prison?

Or is this like a POTUS impeachment where nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post

Has to have a trial in the senate, which won't pass so he keeps his job. But at least the GOP did something more than a strongly worded letter for once. He must be held accountable, he's in violation of the law and lied to congress, Senate should convict but they won't. Next step is to take away his salary and strip his department of funding for non-essential operations.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Good riddance. Guy deserves it for allowing this country to be invaded.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Thumbs up House votes to impeach Homeland Security Secretary by one vote

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Imagine that it came down to a single vote when it should have been an overwhelming majority.

Imagine that it came down to a single vote when it should have been an overwhelming majority.
    Only the feckless GOP holds any of its own accountable.

The reason this vote was so close is because they ran off that goofy, half queeer bastard from NY, Fenton, Benton, WTF was his name?

George Santos.

Anyhow, they ran him off for campaign finance crimes, IIRC, and today, they just lost that seat.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 02-14-2024 at 04:13 AM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...19646444785666

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1757731919645622626

That district was obviously F*d running that fraud Santos from the start.

Mother of 7 from Ethiopia, but served in Israel defense Force....
    Last edited by vita3; 02-14-2024 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I have no problem with Congress exercising some muscle over the Executive.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    The $#@!er willfully allowed our country to be invaded and this is grandstanding? Public hanging is more appropriate but that option seems out of reach. Impeach the traitors if that is all congress can do.

It's DOA in the Senate. That's what makes it pointless.

It's DOA in the Senate. That's what makes it pointless.
    The trial will be something, gets the Senate Dems on record as supporting the invasion. All the evidence will be laid out to the American people and the Dems lose control of the Senate next election.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    The trial will be something, gets the Senate Dems on record as supporting the invasion. All the evidence will be laid out to the American people and the Dems lose control of the Senate next election.
    The vast majority of the American people don't give a $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    That district was obviously F*d running that fraud Santos from the start.

Mother of 7 from Ethiopia, but served in Israel defense Force....
    Also; married to a ukrainian-American, formerly registered as a democrat and somehow her exact birthdate remains hazy so it's difficult to know her real history.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Also; married to a ukrainian-American, formerly registered as a democrat and somehow her exact birthdate remains hazy so it's difficult to know her real history.
    So F*n Pathetic

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1780706052507648279
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1780707395360162181
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

https://twitter.com/BasedMikeLee/sta...44445370962247

Schumer had the audacity to talk about having a trial on these charges would be a bad precedent.... Bitch this is the first impeachment not to go to trial in our history, i.e. unprecedented! How is it even allowed in our constitution that the Senate can just dismiss the impeachment, even with just a simple majority... should be 2/3rds to dismiss or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Schumer had the audacity to talk about having a trial on these charges would be a bad precedent.... Bitch this is the first impeachment not to go to trial in our history, i.e. unprecedented! How is it even allowed in our constitution that the Senate can just dismiss the impeachment, even with just a simple majority... should be 2/3rds to dismiss or higher.
    The same kind of shenanigans occurred in the late Roman republic. Mos maiorum and long-established political "rules" started being blatantly and flagrantly violated for the sake of whatever political advantage could be gained in the moment.

The killing of the tribune Tiberius Gracchus (under Roman law, the person of a tribune was sacrosanct during his term) ... the refusal of the tribune Octavian to lift his veto of the Lex Agraria (it was expected that a tribune should and would withdraw his veto after a time if it became clear the Assemblies were determined to approve an item) ... the seven consulships of Marius, some of them consecutive (no one person was ever supposed to be consul more than twice, and never in consecutive terms) ... and those are just few of the most notable violations of social and political norms that eventually led to the failure of the Roman republic and the advent of the Caesarian empire.

History doesn't repeat - but there's an awful lot of rhyming going on right now ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Is there an existing procedure in place to answer Schumer's refusal to consider impeachment?

It's hard to believe that it's legal for Schumer to just say "No. I don't want to" and that's the end of the argument! Will they be taking things behind closed doors as Mike Lee suggested? What's happening next?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast