Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Will The Supremes Ban Trump?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Will The Supremes Ban Trump?

    Will The Supremes Ban Trump?



    Today the US Supreme Court takes up the case of Colorado banning former President Trump from the ballot. Is this a legal case? Political case? Both? What to expect? Also today, surprise: no charges expected in Biden's classified documents case. Finally: "We have troops in Syria? Really?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Ron Paul at the 3:00 mark:

    "...Hate drives the opposition...this whole case has very little to do with the Constitution...one thing that drives it is the hate, what can we do to Trump...the Constitution is in a way an excuse at times to make a point, but I think it's pretty irrelevant to this debate. This is a debate driven by hate, trying to keep Trump out, and what do they want? Political power...this has to do with political power."
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ron Paul at the 3:00 mark:

    "...Hate drives the opposition...this whole case has very little to do with the Constitution...one thing that drives it is the hate, what can we do to Trump...the Constitution is in a way an excuse at times to make a point, but I think it's pretty irrelevant to this debate. This is a debate driven by hate, trying to keep Trump out, and what do they want? Political power...this has to do with political power."
    Right before Ron said that, he said he was "impressed with the technical knowledge of the people involved" (~3:10). Of course Ron's conclusion is that it is not a valid constitutional argument.

    Listening to some of the audio, he may have been talking about the Democrat lawyer Jason Murray. He is very articulate and fast on his feet. Almost reminiscent of Vivek Ramaswamy. It's probably why they chose him for this case.

    The difference between Murray and Ramaswamy being that Murray is a sophist who tries to baffle them with bullsh!t, while Ramaswamy likes to keep it simple and common sense.

    None of the Justices seem terribly impressed with Murray's sophistry, they seem more irritated by it.

    Audio at link. Murray makes is case in the second hour:

    https://www.c-span.org/video/?532724...ot-eligibility

    Media story:


    https://twitter.com/simonateba/statu...64854386430195
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  5. #4

    https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1755682817810297305
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

    Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  6. #5
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

  7. #6
    Unlikely. SCOTUS doesn't have the balls to actually ban Trump from running. They also know just how people are going to be pissed off.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  8. #7
    Unless he is convicted of an insurrection (he hasn't even been charged with it), then SCOTUS cannot allow him to be removed from the ballot with a straight face.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Unless he is convicted of an insurrection (he hasn't even been charged with it), then SCOTUS cannot allow him to be removed from the ballot with a straight face.
    Unless they have been directed to set a new precedent. Bear in mind that the central pillar of American governance since day one has been the piecemeal whittling away of actual freedom while maintaining the language of it, thereby redefining in actual neurological terms what it means to be "free" inside the skull of the Meaner. Also keep in mind the essential truth that Theye don't need us all to be on board, but only enough.

    We live in a nation where guys like Dice stand on street corners and boardwalks, asking people the most idiotically basic questions and the vast majority have no ideas of the answers. Theye have already won and we most of us fail to see it. Theye COULD lose it, but that would rquire something of a miracle in us or a $#@!up in Themme so vast that even the mean American idiot would not stand for such.

    Don't hold your breath.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

    It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

    Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Unless they have been directed to set a new precedent. Bear in mind that the central pillar of American governance since day one has been the piecemeal whittling away of actual freedom while maintaining the language of it, thereby redefining in actual neurological terms what it means to be "free" inside the skull of the Meaner. Also keep in mind the essential truth that Theye don't need us all to be on board, but only enough.

    We live in a nation where guys like Dice stand on street corners and boardwalks, asking people the most idiotically basic questions and the vast majority have no ideas of the answers. Theye have already won and we most of us fail to see it. Theye COULD lose it, but that would rquire something of a miracle in us or a $#@!up in Themme so vast that even the mean American idiot would not stand for such.

    Don't hold your breath.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

    Well that was constructive.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

    There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

    It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

    Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

    Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.



Similar Threads

  1. Rogue State! Colorado Supremes Knee-Cap Donald Trump
    By Brian4Liberty in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-30-2023, 01:09 PM
  2. Gay Marriage: Did The Supremes Get it Right?
    By Suzanimal in forum Ron Paul Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 11:49 AM
  3. Supremes looking at eligibility, again
    By lynnf in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 08-19-2010, 06:44 PM
  4. Supremes looking at eligibility, again
    By lynnf in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 04:59 AM
  5. Independent Institute on the Supremes and 2nd Amd.
    By Bradley in DC in forum Second Amendment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •