Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston guy who works full time but can't afford rent kicked out of shelter in favor migrants

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Are you proposing something other than communism?

Because the way you're talking about greedy landlords and all that, you really sound like a communist to me.
    What are you proposing comrade? Supposedly the fellow in the OP was paying something to live in the government sponsored shelter. He was replaced by people paying nothing. That is communism.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    As opposed to what alternative that she has in mind?

You are already outed as a commie. So I know where you stand on this.

But she has that same aroma. It's sounding a lot like her plan is to become communist so that we can avoid becoming communist.
    And is it better for NGOs and "charities" to take government money to import people who will be dependent upon government when they get here?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I'd add that residential real estate can and is bought as an investment. This was happening on the west coast quite a bit a decade or two ago when Chinese buyers would purchase single family homes in the US and just let them lie fallow. They wouldn't even rent them. They sat empty. It was like buying gold and putting it under the mattress. This was also exemplified by the Chinese ghost cities, which were purchased for investment, not to live in.

Yes, that is a problem.

And Blackrock (and others) purchasing residential single home real estate is also a problem. While much of the money may come from individual investors, the control goes to the ownership of Blackrock, where the majority ownership eventually traces back to the global plutocracy. This is also a problem, as it eventually leads to full control via indirect ownership of everything by the global plutocracy. "You will own nothing, and be happy." The first part is true, the second half is the lie.
    I saw a video, a few years ago, about Victoria BC where the empty houses owned by Chinese was a huge problem. They had so much money that they could easily outbid Canadians and did. The result was, as usual: the people who grew up there were priced out. One lady interviewed was the only person actually living in a house in her entire neighborhood. I know the same thing exists in London, another place where people park money via real estate. I'm sure it's absurdly expensive to live there, to.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    Completely agree. And, wtf kind of "free market" creates company towns?
    On the American frontier (particularly in the Old West) we saw company towns that could be argued were free market. However, as civilization moves in, so does competition and the "company town" ceases to exist. As it should. There is absolutely no place in a developed society for company towns.

In any case, the complete lack of empathy for anyone who doesn't recognize and can't afford to live his own homeland is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by familydog View Post
    On the American frontier (particularly in the Old West) we saw company towns that could be argued were free market. However, as civilization moves in, so does competition and the "company town" ceases to exist. As it should. There is absolutely no place in a developed society for company towns.

In any case, the complete lack of empathy for anyone who doesn't recognize and can't afford to live his own homeland is disturbing.
    Yeah, that. If free markets simply boils down to who has the most money wins and everybody else can suck it, that's sociopathic.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

I saw a video, a few years ago, about Victoria BC where the empty houses owned by Chinese was a huge problem. They had so much money that they could easily outbid Canadians and did. The result was, as usual: the people who grew up there were priced out. One lady interviewed was the only person actually living in a house in her entire neighborhood. I know the same thing exists in London, another place where people park money via real estate. I'm sure it's absurdly expensive to live there, to.
    True story: I was in the sales office of a new development in a city in California. As is standard in California, the development had apartments (not for sale), condos, townhomes, and single family homes. A Chinese woman who could barely speak English started talking to a sales person and essentially said "i want to buy two of them, cash" (Over a million each, BTW). No negotiations, none of the standard buying experience. Just "I'll take two."

At the same time, the news says "we need rent control and new affordable homes for young people and first time buyers"...

Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Guy should have left Boston a long time ago and moved to a suburb in a state he can afford to live in.
    The "suburbs" of Boston are more expensive than the city.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Yeah, that. If free markets simply boils down to who has the most money wins and everybody else can suck it, that's sociopathic.
    No. Capitalism used to embrace the idea that, "A rising tide floats all boats." The only times it turns its back on that is when bribing government proves more profitable. Then investors see the company with the psycho CEO paying bigger dividends, and hires a psycho of their own. Monopolies make these things happen; government makes monopolies possible.

Now the money printer go brrrr. Again, all this evil traces back to the Fed. Imagine Yakoff Smirnoff's voice: In capitalism companies bribe government. In fascism government bribes companies. When they're actively destroying the currency, the rich people are the ones who get to spend the freshly printed money first. It's not until then that this new money makes the existing money worth less.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-03-2024 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It wasn't even so much as that.

It was because I dared to suggest that I have I say so in what type of community I live in.

That my home is more than just my four walls that comprise my house.

The man in this video is expressing the same idea.

But he is no longer "economically viable" and all his ethnic credits are used up as well, so he is now an unperson.

It will happen to you, and me, and Invisible shortly.

(Notice that, whatever happens, the cops appear well fed and taken care.)
    Your freedoms are much more determined by your neighbors than yourself.

It is only rational to want to have a say in who moves in next door to you.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Oh, wait. You just called — a commie? Would that be because he doesn't support some total anarchy free for all Utopia?
    Javier Milei

Last edited by PAF; 02-03-2024 at 09:04 AM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No. Capitalism used to embrace the idea that, "A rising tide floats all boats." The only times it turns its back on that is when bribing government proves more profitable. Then investors see the company with the psycho CEO paying bigger dividends, and hires a psycho of their own. Monopolies make these things happen; government makes monopolies possible.

Now the money printer go brrrr. Again, all this evil traces back to the Fed. Imagine Yakoff Smirnoff's voice: In capitalism companies bribe government. In fascism government bribes companies. When they're actively destroying the currency, the rich people are the ones who get to spend the freshly printed money first. It's not until then that this new money makes the existing money worth less.
    I see all that but I don't think anyone has to be bribed for these entities to buy up housing stock. They make the highest offer and the deal is done. Money printer go brrrr comes in in that the buying is done with debt. There are no legal barriers, though. If they want to buy every single house for sale in Phoenix AZ, they can.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Your freedoms are much more determined by your neighbors than yourself.

It is only rational to want to have a say in who moves in next door to you.
    this is true.
    "When Sombart says: "Capitalism is born from the money-loan", I should like to add to this: Capitalism actually exists only in the money-loan;" - Theodor Fritsch

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Javier Milei

Is he the man or what?! I want a tee-shirt with him on it. I have been following the news and see there have been protests, of course, but I also heard or read he's approved some temporary welfare to get people through this transition period. Government is getting the machete treatment while individuals are getting the Dave Ramsey treatment - beans and rice until they're out of debt. I hope all of this works as he plans and that the turn around goes speedily. Great pic of him, too :-)

-GLP poster

I see all that but I don't think anyone has to be bribed for these entities to buy up housing stock. They make the highest offer and the deal is done. Money printer go brrrr comes in in that the buying is done with debt. There are no legal barriers, though. If they want to buy every single house for sale in Phoenix AZ, they can.
    The "free market" should have some moral constraints, but this is a tough one with no good solutions. Everyone needs housing. Turning it into a global commodity to be traded like any other exchange traded asset is problematic.

Yet, where would the limits be set? During the last housing bubble, some people, including foreign nationals, were buying as many homes as they could, with NINJA loans being the driving force. Obviously it was fraud, perpetrated with the help of fraudulent Wall St schemes. And then all of that fraud ended up on the backs of taxpayers and with more inflation.

Many families own housing via trusts, LLPs, etc. At what scale does it become an issue? There are small investment groups that may only own a few homes. Are they a problem? But residential REITs traded on the stock market seems like a bad idea.

Speaking of Phoenix, I stayed in a house near there many years ago. A brand new development. There were only a couple of houses occupied in the entire neighborhood. Everything was purchased as an investment, not as a place to live. I'd image that over time, they are probably all occupied now though.

The "free market" should have some moral constraints, but this is a tough one with no good solutions. Everyone needs housing. Turning it into a global commodity to be traded like any other exchange traded asset is problematic.

Yet, where would the limits be set? During the last housing bubble, some people, including foreign nationals, were buying as many homes as they could, with NINJA loans being the driving force. Obviously it was fraud, perpetrated with the help of fraudulent Wall St schemes. And then all of that fraud ended up on the backs of taxpayers and with more inflation.

Many families own housing via trusts, LLPs, etc. At what scale does it become an issue? There are small investment groups that may only own a few homes. Are they a problem? But residential REITs traded on the stock market seems like a bad idea.

Speaking of Phoenix, I stayed in a house near there many years ago. A brand new development. There were only a couple of houses occupied in the entire neighborhood. Everything was purchased as an investment, not as a place to live. I'd image that over time, they are probably all occupied now though.
    Those houses probably all got bought by one of the big investor entities for rentals. Phoenix is a hot market for that, as well as Airbnb, which is very destructive for neighborhoods.

-GLP poster

“It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Javier Milei
    Afuera!
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

And then went on to say…

Milei later appeared to at least partly soften his outspoken comments, clarifying he’d deem it up to the private sector to decide whether to maintain commercial ties with China, and other countries with leaders that he dislikes.

“I don’t have to get involved, but I won’t promote ties with those who don’t respect freedom,” he said, adding that he’d respect deals already signed in Argentina by Chinese companies, which include a contract to build twin dams in Patagonia and an agreement to set up a nuclear plant.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those houses probably all got bought by one of the big investor entities for rentals. Phoenix is a hot market for that, as well as Airbnb, which is very destructive for neighborhoods.
    This was quite a few years ago, before the subprime mortgage crisis. Back then, most of the homes were purchased by individual investors mostly from California. They still buy there.

Now the question may be, if it is "unfair" to local residents for people from California to buy homes as investments in Arizona, is it doubly unfair for people from China to purchase those homes? Or for a residential REIT run by Blackrock to buy up the homes, thus driving out local buyers?

This was quite a few years ago, before the subprime mortgage crisis. Back then, most of the homes were purchased by individual investors mostly from California. They still buy there.

Now the question may be, if it is "unfair" to local residents for people from California to buy homes as investments in Arizona, is it doubly unfair for people from China to purchase those homes? Or for a residential REIT run by Blackrock to buy up the homes, thus driving out local buyers?
    Nothing is fair but I think it needs to be stopped. I know that doesn't fit with a libertarian, if you can buy it, it's fine, perspective, though.

-GLP poster

Nothing is fair but I think it needs to be stopped. I know that doesn't fit with a libertarian, if you can buy it, it's fine, perspective, though.
    It's the attitude "nothing is fair but I think it needs to be stopped" [in a democracy] that got us into the situation that we are currently in. Of course, it has been this way for thousands of years, so at that point, enjoy and embrace the conditions that sheople have made it. Just as government is not and never will be there to save you, there is no such thing as a perfect life.

7 billion people could easily fit in a Texas-sized city that is as dense as New York City. That's an awful lot of land in the rest of the world. Buy low, sell high and move on. Also, without government, eminent domain wouldn't be and issue, natural market conditions would most likely solve the problems.

"America is dangerously under populated."
    -Apu from The Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    "America is dangerously under populated."
    -Apu from The Simpsons.

David Stockman talks about that:

David Stockman on Why the US Needs a “Secure Border with a Wide Gate”

by David Stockman

Which part of the graph below do the GOP border warriors not understand? To wit, after growing by 1.9% per annum between 1972 and 2008, the growth rate of the prime-age US labor force (age 25-54) has decelerated to, well, 0.03% during the last 14 years.

Prime Age Civilian Labor Force, 1972 to 2022

At the same time, you do not need to be an economic historian to recognize that fully half of the GDP growth during modern times has been due to more workers and more labor hours supplied to the economy. So if labor supply growth has gone to zero on a long-term trend basis—and is actually shrinking as per below—where in the world is 4%, 3% or even 2% annual real GDP growth to come from?

Obviously, the only other source of economic growth in the great scheme of things is productivity gains. But during the 12-years since 2010 the productivity growth rate clocked in at just 1.13% per annum. So if that’s all there is and there ain’t no more when it comes to the core, two-part economic growth equation, what lies ahead is pretty miniscule gains in real GDP.

In turn, that begs the obvious big time societal question. There will be 100 million US retirees within a few decades, as the Baby Boom gets fully put out to pasture. So how in the world are they to be supported at anything near existing pay-as-you-go based Social Security, Medicare and other transfer benefit levels by an anemic GDP growth rate—one squeezed by a shrinking labor force on one side and the current, tepid levels of productivity growth, on the other?

The answer, of course, is no can do. But for avoidance of doubt, here is the growth of hours worked in the nonfarm economy versus real GDP for the period 1964 through 2007. Total hours worked grew from 112.6 billion to 236.0 billion during that 43-year period or by 1.74% per annum.

As it happened, real GDP rose by 3.27% annum during the same period. Accordingly, the input of labor hours accounted for 53% of total real GDP growth during the better part of America’s post-war prosperity.

Owing to the demographics already baked-into-the-cake, however, the black area of the chart below is slated to shrink progressively for several decades to come. Well, unless Washington finally wakes up to the demographic facts of life and the law of supply-and-demand, and follows a scheme that Robert Kennedy Jr. aptly describes as a “secure border with a wide gate”.

That is, a safe and orderly entry portal for willing workers wishing to participate in a large-scale Guest Worker program. And one that would allow them to eventually earn their citizenship by consistent contribution to the American economy over 5-10 years and faithful observance of US law in the interim.

Labor Hours Growth Versus Total Real GDP Growth, 1964 to 2007

Then again, perhaps the busy statesmen of Capitol Hill have lost track of where babies come from and how long it takes to make a prime age worker from the point of conception. The well-known fact, of course, is that lifetime fertility rates of native-born women have been falling for decades, but since 2008 alone the rate has dropped from 2.07 to only 1.69 in 2019. That’s far, far below the 2.1% replacement rate.

Even when you add-in the current 2.02 fertility rate for immigrant women the total US rate in 2019 was just 1.76.

So the math is unequivocal: Without new, substantial immigration, the US working age population will be shrinking as far as the eye can see.

For instance, the birth rate of the entire US population–native born and immigrant alike—has fallen by 17% just since 2007. So what would have been 4.6 million new births (black line) at the 2007 birth rate had plunged to just 3.8 million (red line) actual births by 2018. Thirty-years hence, therefore, the prime age workers cohort aged 30-41 years will be 5.7 million smaller than would have been the case at the 2007 birth rates. And self-evidently, the gap will continue to widen ever more rapidly with the passage of time.

Impact of Tepid US Birth Rates

Accordingly, the GOP’s border closure policies are dead wrong. What America actually needs during the years ahead is a dramatic step-up in the level of working-age immigrants, not their arrest and deportation.

Working Age Population 25-64 Years, 1965 to 2035

Moreover, the falling dotted line after 2015 in the above chart would have been even worse absent prior decades of immigration. Accordingly, just 128 million (74%) of the 173 million prime-age worker cohort shown above for 2015 were born here since 1965 to American-born parents. And that figure would drop to just 120 million or to 66% of the 183 million persons projected for this cohort by 2035.

That is to say, based on the non-immigrant population as of 1965 the prime age US workforce would shrink by 6.5% through the middle of the next decade alone.

In short, two generations of immigrants, past and projected, account for the difference between a 2035 US workforce of 183 million per the graph above versus the 120 million that would have resulted from just American-born workers born to American-born parents. That 63 million difference accounted for by recent past and projected immigrants amounts to fully one-third of the estimated 2035 labor force.

Editor’s Note: The truth is, we’re on the cusp of an economic crisis that could eclipse anything we’ve seen before. And most people won’t be prepared for what’s coming.

https://internationalman.com/article...h-a-wide-gate/

David Stockman talks about that:
    TMBSDR

(Too much bull$#@!. Didn't read.)

TMBSDR

(Too much bull$#@!. Didn't read.)
    Because it doesn't fit your narrative? Or because you are that lazy to learn some facts?

Because it doesn't fit your narrative? Or because you are that lazy to learn some facts?
    You regularly display your utter disdain for my neighbors and countrymen while speaking lovingly about criminal invaders. I can see you want everything to collapse and hate the foundations of " 'mericah".

And you expect me to consider a long post where you are pretending that you want my neighbors to succeed. Yeah, lol, sure. .

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You regularly display your utter disdain for my neighbors and countrymen while speaking lovingly about criminal invaders. I can see you want everything to collapse and hate the foundations of " 'mericah".

And you expect me to consider a long post where you are pretending that you want my neighbors to succeed. Yeah, lol, sure. .
    I should have added the third option: Both of the above, I see.

Typical Common Core Left-Right indoctrination, which is why this country steadily declined. And will continue to do so. Got it

Which part of the graph below do the GOP border warriors not understand?
    I understand allowing millions of half wits to invade us from nations that have an average IQ of below 80 is not going to solve what Stockman thinks is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I understand allowing millions of half wits to invade us from nations that have an average IQ of below 80 is not going to solve what Stockman thinks is a problem.
    I pretty much stopped caring so much, I am pretty well set. It does no good trying to get across to the masses, so whatever you guys want, unfortunately you will get. Don't blame me, I at least tried.

May you and others march on to the drum beat.......

No offense, AF, other than politics, you're still ok ;-)

I should have added the third option: Both of the above, I see.

Typical Common Core Left-Right indoctrination, which is why this country steadily declined. And will continue to do so. Got it
    Lol. That's why I don't take you seriously. ^^^ That is the most left right, neocon, fascist, commie, (whatever other condescending terms that you throw around) scripted narrative that I have ever seen on this forum. You are far more guilty of everything that you accuse others on this forum.

Seriously, your original handle was something like "patriotic American first" or omething silly. Were you being sarcastic or were you trying to blend in like a zippyjuan 3.0 and realized you had to change tactics.
    Last edited by RJB; 02-04-2024 at 10:25 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast