Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Feds warn Texas not to enforce state-level immigration bill

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    So, "All Quiet on the Southern Front"?
    Main convoy is just getting underway. I suspect we'll see the numbers swell as they approach Texas. Texas itself is basically made of trucks, so I consider it a real possibility that this may become the biggest convoy so far. I like JeffMAC's style, bookmark his channel for updates on the convoy...

Link
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see nothing controversial here...

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...41422041706499

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #220:

Unpacking the Wild Texas-Biden-SCOTUS Border Dispute
    https://rumble.com/v4arocc-unpacking...r-dispute.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 01 February 2024}

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How did this go to the back burner???

They redirected the pipeline through California.

Good question. I think it shows we still need to up our game for 2024. They have lost Twitter, and they've been losing a lot of other battles, but is it actually enough?
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Back burner?

It's outside, sitting in the mud.

'Coz that's where SCOTUS put it.

Now shut up and move along, comrade.

Keep your mind upon your labors and leave matters of the State to the State.

You will receive notification of your betters' decisions if, when, and as they see fit.

US Supreme Court's Alito extends pause on Texas immigration law
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...aw-2024-03-18/
    {ohn Kruzel | 18 March 2024}

WASHINGTON, March 18 (Reuters) - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito on Monday extended a temporary pause on a Republican-backed Texas law allowing state law enforcement authorities to arrest people suspected of crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

Alito's action gives the justices more time to weigh a request by President Joe Biden's administration to freeze a judicial order allowing the Texas law to take effect while its challenge proceeds in the lower courts. The administration has said the Texas measure violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law by interfering with the U.S. government's power to regulate immigration.

Alito handles certain emergency matters involving cases from a group of states including Texas. His order did not specify a deadline. He or the full Supreme Court could take further action at any time.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott last December signed the law, authorizing state law enforcement to arrest people suspected of entering the United States illegally, giving local officers powers long delegated to the U.S. government.

The Justice Department sued in January to block the measure, which was originally set to take effect on March 5.

Texas-based U.S. District David Ezra on Feb. 29 sided with the administration and agreed to preliminarily block Texas officials from enforcing the law, saying that it "threatens the fundamental notion that the United States must regulate immigration with one voice."

But the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals paused Ezra's ruling in an order that would have let the law take effect on March 10, prompting the administration to file an emergency request to the Supreme Court.

Alito on March 4 halted the 5th Circuit ruling - and thus the law - from taking effect, with an order that was set to expire on Monday before he extended the pause.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 03-18-2024 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [...] The administration has said the Texas measure violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law by interfering with the U.S. government's power to regulate immigration.

[...]

Texas-based U.S. District David Ezra on Feb. 29 sided with the administration and agreed to preliminarily block Texas officials from enforcing the law, saying that it "threatens the fundamental notion that the United States must regulate immigration with one voice."

[...]
    Funny how Biden, Ezra, et al. never seem to apply any of that ↑↑↑ logic to "sanctuary" jurisdictions, ain't it?

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/sta...43672479125894
    to: https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/sta...44453324243054

Not gonna happen.

Unlike Democrats and the left, Republicans just don't have the balls.

SCOTUS blocking Texas from arresting illegals

Moments after a 4 p.m. deadline passed, the U.S. Supreme Court placed an indefinite hold on the controversial Texas SB4 Immigration Law. Justice Samuel Alito issued another order temporarily blocking the bill from taking effect.

The last-minute intervention does not specify a timeframe for the latest pause. For now, state law enforcement officers will not be prosecuting, jailing, or deporting migrants who enter Texas illegally from Mexico.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...migration-law/

Screw this stuff. Democraps ignore court decisions and have for a long a time. It's absurd to sacrifice the sovereignty of Texas and the rights of it's own citizens because of any court. The constitution is dead and the experiment is over. As it should be, I guess, because these powers belong to the people at the most local level. I hope Texas does it what it has to do.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Supreme Court has declined to block a Texas law that will allow state officials to arrest people suspected of crossing the US-Mexico border illegally, in a temporary blow to the Biden administration.

The administration had asked the justices to freeze a judicial order allowing the Republican-backed Texas law to take effect while the Justice Department 's challenge to the statute proceeds in the lower courts.

The SCOTUS decision means Texas cops will be allowed to arrest people suspected of entering the country illegally, giving local officers powers long delegated to the federal government.

Liberal Justices Ketanji Brown Jackson, Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor dissented from the majority decision.

The Court gave no reasons for its decision, as is typical with emergency applications, but justice Amy Coney Barrett said in her opinion the Justices were returning the case to an appeals court, and if a decision is not issued soon, 'the applicants may return to this court.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...illegally.html

Okay, so it's on hold and Texas will be "allowed" to proceed with protecting itself until it's not. Seriously, to hell with this stuff. Just do it and let the chips fall where they may.
    My two daughters and I were gang-raped by some of the Newcomers. It landed us in the hospital for 3 weeks as several bones were broken. I don't blame them, it was a sexual emergency and I wasn't about to go all white privilege and deny them the release they needed, especially after being stuck in a hotel for months. I see the Newcomers as family now. They are on our side and will help us stop Trump. It is a small price to pay. Anything but Trump.

-GLP poster

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    'Coz that's where SCOTUS put it.

Now shut up and move along, comrade.

Keep your mind upon your labors and leave matters of the State to the State.

You will receive notification of your betters' decisions if, when, and as they see fit.
    Yes, Comrade Roach...

But wait, there's more!

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...57063072538873

But wait, there's more!

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...57063072538873
    Supreme Court—For Now—Sides w/ Texas in Biden Border Dispute. Pro-Israel Right Orders Daily Wire to Fire Candace Owens. Elon Musk v. Don Lemon. Bernie & AOC Remain Dem-Party Lapdogs | SYSTEM UPDATE #244
    https://rumble.com/v4k90ju-system-update-244.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 19 March 2024}

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...32753394421864

But wait! There's even more!

Texas Immigration Law on Hold Again After Late-Night Appeal

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...-night-appeal/

RANDY CLARK20 Mar 2024

The U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling allowing Texas SB4 Immigration Law to go into effect on Tuesday was short-lived. Within hours of the court’s decision to move the matter back into the hands of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, a three-member panel on the New Orleans-based court blocked the law from taking effect in a 2-1 vote. The appellate court then scheduled oral arguments on the matter for Wednesday.

Under Texas SB4, local and state law enforcement would be allowed to arrest, detain, and prosecute migrants suspected of illegally entering the state from Mexico. The law would also allow for removing a migrant convicted of the offense as part of a sentencing agreement. Migrants convicted of a second offense of illegally entering the state face felony charges in addition to removal.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), ACLU of Texas, and the Texas Civil Rights Project filed the current litigation against the SB4 on behalf of Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center, American Gateways, and the County of El Paso. The lawsuit argues that SB4 violates the supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution in that the enforcement of immigration law is exclusively a federal matter.

The federal court wrangling on the constitutionality of Texas’ new immigration law has seen the law blocked, reinstated, and paused by the Supreme Court on three occasions. Tuesday’s ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court moved the matter back to the lower appeals court, where the latest ruling once again puts enforcement of the controversial law on hold.

In late February, Austin’s Senior U.S. District Judge David Ezra halted the implementation of Senate Bill 4, which was to take effect on March 5, citing the federal government’s supremacy over the enforcement of immigration laws.

In his decision, Ezra stated, “For the past century, Texas has relied on its expansive police powers afforded to it under the Constitution to regulate crime within its borders. Texas may continue to do so, but it cannot regulate the federal field of unlawful entry and removal.”

The law will likely find its way back to the country’s highest court. Any decision by the Fifth Circuit after Wednesday’s scheduled arguments will surely prompt a quick appeal sending the ACLU challenge up for action by the Supreme Court.

The battle may be an uphill one for the law. In 2010, a similar immigration law signed by then Arizona Governor Jan Brewer would have made illegal presence by a migrant and unlawful employment by a migrant in the state a misdemeanor crime. Ultimately, the Supreme Court ruled Arizona’s SB 1070 infringed upon the federal government’s supremacy to regulate and enforce immigration laws.

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/stat...32753394421864

Sounds like we've got a real Mexican standoff here!

I'll show myself out...

But wait, there's more!
    But wait! There's even more!
    Hang on to your seat, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJoBMayjlUo

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011