Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Remember that statue the Church of Satan set up in the Iowa capitol building?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    You're talking about the 4th century?
    Or even earlier:

2nd and 3rd centuries

Precisely when Christianity arrived in Roman Britain is not known. The province experienced a constant influx of people from across the empire, some of whom were possibly Christians. There is nevertheless a difference between transient Christians who may have arrived in Britain and a settled, Romano-British Christian community.[12] Historian Dorothy Watts suggested that Christianity was perhaps introduced to Britain in the latter part of the 2nd century.[13]

Around 200, the Carthaginian theologian Tertullian included Britain in a list of places reached by Christianity in his work, Adversus Judaeos. His contemporary, the Greek theologian Origen also wrote that Christianity had reached Britain.

As you can see in the painting that adorns the Capitol Rotunda, paganism is alive and well in the USA.
    This is pointless, we're not even using the same dictionary. A Renaissance-style painting of our country's founders is not paganism -- paganism is screwing every body above room temperature (sometimes not even that), and hurling babies over cliffs. Where is the part where the babies get hurled in The Apotheosis of Washington? I'm not seeing it...

What are you asking me to cite here? A description of the cultures that predominate in the USA and UK, pointing out how they deviate from Christianity? The only explanation for your disputing this claim is that you have a definition for Christianity that I don't recognize.
    Yeah, it's become clear to me that you don't use the English dictionary that the rest of us use, but have some private definition for every word in the English language that you can change to suit your whims. In other words, you don't have an argument at all, just baseless objections.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Or even earlier:
    That's not relevant to anything I said.

paganism is screwing every body above room temperature
    While I don't agree with your claim that making graven images of created beings portraying them as gods is not pagan, I agree that sexual ethics is part of what makes up a culture. But that is a point against counting American culture as predominantly Christian, and not a point in favor.

When it comes to a lot of the sexual confusion that plagues America today, Muslims are often closer to the Christian position than most Americans are.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 02-07-2024 at 12:26 PM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's not relevant to anything I said.
    Except for the part where you specifically claimed "The predominant culture of the native populations of the UK and USA is not Christian".

While I don't agree with your claim that making graven images of created beings portraying them as gods is not pagan, I agree that sexual ethics is part of what makes up a culture. But that is a point against counting American culture as predominantly Christian, and not a point in favor.

When it comes to a lot of the sexual confusion that plagues America today, Muslims are often closer to the Christian position than most Americans are.
    This is word-salad. Upgrade your ChatGPT subscription.

Except for the part where you specifically claimed "The predominant culture of the native populations of the UK and USA is not Christian".
    Nope. Still not the slightest bit relevant to that.

Notice the present tense "is."

By that argument, you could say that the predominant culture of Syria is even more Christian than the UK, since Christianity spread into Syria even longer ago.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Nope. Still not the slightest bit relevant to that.

Notice the present tense "is."
    You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. Obviously, Britain was not Christian in the 3rd-century... at that time, yes, it was still pagan. But over the course of several centuries, the Gospel spread throughout Britain and took root, much earlier than it did in Northern Europe and the Nordic countries. Your claim is that USA/UK are (present-tense) predominantly not culturally Christian. That is absurd. That's as absurd as saying that the inhabitants of Rome are (present-tense) predominantly not Roman. It's false by definition. But you're repeating it with a straight-face and even digging in your heels because you got called out for babbling nonsense. Until the end of the 20th-century, the United States was the vanguard of Christianity in the modern world. Culturally, politically, religiously, etc. It took up that torch from -- wait for it -- Britain! The selfsame two countries you are bizarrely claiming are predominantly not culturally Christian.

But I shouldn't be surprised by clowning in Clown World...

By that argument, you could say that the predominant culture of Syria is even more Christian than the UK, since Christianity spread into Syria even longer ago.
    Syria is Christian, and one can easily argue that the roots of Christianity in Syria -- Paul's old stomping-grounds -- are even deeper than those in Britain.

You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. Obviously, Britain was not Christian in the 3rd-century... at that time, yes, it was still pagan. But over the course of several centuries, the Gospel spread throughout Britain and took root, much earlier than it did in Northern Europe and the Nordic countries. Your claim is that USA/UK are (present-tense) predominantly not culturally Christian. That is absurd. That's as absurd as saying that the inhabitants of Rome are (present-tense) predominantly not Roman. It's false by definition. But you're repeating it with a straight-face and even digging in your heels because you got called out for babbling nonsense. Until the end of the 20th-century, the United States was the vanguard of Christianity in the modern world. Culturally, politically, religiously, etc. It took up that torch from -- wait for it -- Britain! The selfsame two countries you are bizarrely claiming are predominantly not culturally Christian.
    If it's absurd, then why are you not able to refute it with evidence? Why do you have to resort to irrelevant details about when Christianity reached Great Britain?

Syria is Christian, and one can easily argue that the roots of Christianity in Syria -- Paul's old stomping-grounds -- are even deeper than those in Britain.
    Well at least you're being consistent.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Syria

But then, if that's the case, then what again is the problem with all these migrants coming from Christian countries like Syria bringing their Christian cultures to other Christian countries like the UK and USA?
    Ron Paul

If it's absurd, then why are you not able to refute it with evidence? Why do you have to resort to irrelevant details about when Christianity reached Great Britain?
    You're the one making silly claims that are easily proven false -- the burden is on you to prove your nonsense, not on me. I'll refute it in the most direct fashion that requires the least effort on my part. So again: cite it. Burden-of-proof is on you if you want to claim that all fish can walk.

But then, if that's the case, then what again is the problem with all these migrants coming from Christian countries like Syria bringing their Christian cultures to other Christian countries like the UK and USA?
    You're literally all over the map. You're just throwing darts at this point.

I'll refute it in the most direct fashion that requires the least effort on my part.
    Be my guest. So far you've only wasted both of our time with details that weren't related to anything I said.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Such secrets are not shared with many Masons.
    The Founders were all Christian with a few Jews and any that were luciferians were keeping it secret and pretending to be Christians, the people they represented were Christian and America was a Christian country. (don't bother bringing up the diplomatic lie told to the N. African muslims)
    Any luciferians were keeping it secret as the upper Masons do and could not establish anything but a Christian nation that they had to hide in.

Nice try though, I'm sure lucifer is pleased with you.
    Yep, it was so hidden that GW wore his apron and regalia at the setting of the Capitol building's cornerstone.

Keep swimmin' upstream, son. Makes ya tougher.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yep, it was so hidden that GW wore his apron and regalia at the setting of the Capitol building's cornerstone.

Keep swimmin' upstream, son. Makes ya tougher.
    I didn't say his Mason membership was secret, I said the Satanism at the upper levels was secret.
    Go ahead and keep burning up strawmen.

GW was probably unaware of the Satanism, and if he was not he was keeping it hidden in a Christian nation and acting Christian in public.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankindÖitís people I canít stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456