Thread: Musk to woke advertisers: "Go. $#@!. Yourselves. Is that clear?"

Musk to woke advertisers: "Go. $#@!. Yourselves. Is that clear?"

Epic.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1729997612055756959

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am approve these shenanigans.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

yes
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

... the same Elon Musk who rushed to go on an Israel trip the moment he was accused of antisemitism?

This Musk? This is the one telling people to go $#@! themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ... the same Elon Musk who rushed to go on an Israel trip the moment he was accused of antisemitism?

//

This Musk? This is the one telling people to go $#@! themselves?
    Show us on this doll where Musk touched you... I think Iger/et. al. have made their own bed and can damn well sleep in it...

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Show us on this doll where Musk touched you... I think Iger/et. al. have made their own bed and can damn well sleep in it...
    Should I know or care who Iger is?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

https://twitter.com/jeremykauffman/s...63394856710329
    & https://twitter.com/jeremykauffman/s...63544815698140
    {Jeremy Kauffman @jeremykauffman | 29 November 2023}

4D chess explanation of the "go $#@! yourself" quote from Elon:

Musk is powerful and influential enough that he could openly encourage counter-boycotts against the companies that are boycotting him.

But that would set a terrible precedent. If you're a business owner that becomes known for turning on previous customers, you'll struggle to attract new customers.

So what does Musk need? He needs a single large advertiser to feel counter-pressure for their boycott. And he needs it to be plausible that he didn't orchestrate it or plan it.

That's exactly what Musk sets up.

1. He is answering "off-the-cuff" and just being honest about the situation and his feelings, giving plausible deniability.
    2. He isolates a single target, Disney, via a joke ("hey Bob, if you're in the audience").
    3. He establishes the frame that the boycott will "kill the company" and "the world will know".

Musk is threatening these companies to come back. And by doing it in a public, provocative way, he's getting massive distribution of his message, proving to the advertisers that people will see his side of events and agree with him.

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...818819/video/1 [see the video in the tweet below - OB]

Is it not possible to combine videos with long posts?

Either way, here's an embedded longer form of the clip if you haven't seen it or want to watch it again. [see the video in the tweet below - OB]

https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/sta...28921779818819
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-29-2023 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Should I know or care who Iger is?
    Up to you... just happens to be the guy that Musk is saying "Go. F. Yourself" to...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

CLIP from SYSTEM UPDATE #189:

"Go F*ck Yourself!" Elon's Defiant Message to Disney
    https://rumble.com/v3ytwzm-go-fck-yo...to-disney.html
    {Glenn Greenwald | 30 November 2023}

How come Elon Musk can say and type Go $#@! yourself and so many other platforms will not allow the word $#@! to be typed?

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Muck truly has $#@! you money.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

I don't think his statement was regarding "wokeness", per se, just general cancel culture and censorship. Any way, my respect for him just grew a good bit. If he had followed it up by saying the quiet part out loud, something like "money is an illusion and a control mechanism and banks create it out of nothing" I probably would have came a lil lol.

Judging by some of the netosphere comments, I don't think people quite grasp that 1) Elon holds enough Tesla stock that he could single-handedly keep X running pretty much as long as there is any value whatsoever to his stock and "money" in general. And 2) the trajectory of X is probably to be as AI based and self sustaining as possible, with little need for "money" from advertisers or any other source. Keep the hardware running, hire a few people to monitor it all and keep the power/internet on and that's all it will need. Also, since they plan on X being a financial platform (along with everything else), skimming even a fraction of a penny from any transaction would be more than enough to pay operating expenses after the automation is complete. Elon can support the platform's development on his own until that point, hence why "go $#@! yourself, Bob (Iger)".
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Russian warship Disney, go $#@! yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I don't think his statement was regarding "wokeness", per se, just general cancel culture and censorship. Any way, my respect for him just grew a good bit. If he had followed it up by saying the quiet part out loud, something like "money is an illusion and a control mechanism and banks create it out of nothing" I probably would have came a lil lol.

Judging by some of the netosphere comments, I don't think people quite grasp that 1) Elon holds enough Tesla stock that he could single-handedly keep X running pretty much as long as there is any value whatsoever to his stock and "money" in general. And 2) the trajectory of X is probably to be as AI based and self sustaining as possible, with little need for "money" from advertisers or any other source. Keep the hardware running, hire a few people to monitor it all and keep the power/internet on and that's all it will need. Also, since they plan on X being a financial platform (along with everything else), skimming even a fraction of a penny from any transaction would be more than enough to pay operating expenses after the automation is complete. Elon can support the platform's development on his own until that point, hence why "go $#@! yourself, Bob (Iger)".
    The actual asset value of Twitter is in (a) its enormous human-to-human conversational dataset, and (b) its own in-house AI algorithms which I'm willing to speculate were at ChatGPT level of sophistication, years before ChatGPT. People keep trying to assess the value of Twitter in terms of ad revenue and, while that's not a negligible factor, it nearly is. And that's why he's been so jaded about ad revenues because he knows that he's sitting on a nest-egg worth zillions of dollars even if he were to shutter it completely. OpenAI/M$ would probably give one of its lungs to have full access to the Twitter dataset. And I think he's already pilfered the in-house AI for use in Tesla AI and even Teslabot AI.

PS: Telsabot is poised to be the iPhone of 2025... again, just my personal speculation, but I think it's difficult to overestimate the potential market-value of a humanoid robot that can just freely move around in human spaces like restaurants, bars, kitchens, bathrooms, loading platforms, and so on. It's not about "replacing jobs", it's about reducing risks, etc. We're still going need personnel to manage these contraptions and humans will produce more value doing that than whatever task the robot is now doing that a human used to do. I truly do not understand all the Chicken Little hand-wringing... </rambling>

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1730033167782854898

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Drinker's Chasers - Elon Nukes Bob Iger From Orbit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HvI5cprxSE
    {Critical Drinker After Hours | 01 December 2023}

This is a bit outside what we normally cover, but it was too funny not to talk about. During a recent interview, Elon Musk made his thoughts clear about advertisers, specifically Disney, threatening to pull their support for Twitter if it doesn't bend to their will. Turns out, threatening the world's richest man isn't a great move.

"Go F**K Yourself" | Part Of The Problem 1063
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDp0muJHj5c
    {Dave Smith | 04 December 2023}

On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Robbie take a look at the recent interview with Elon Musk where he addresses the blatant force being used against him by corporate interest, then Dave and Robbie discuss the backlash from his conversation with Tucker Carlson.

Disney is Everything Wrong With Hollywood | Elon ROASTS Iger and It Was Glorious
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZNf4NOmSH8
    {Nerdrotic | 04 December 2023}

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Drinker's Chasers - Elon Nukes Bob Iger From Orbit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HvI5cprxSE
    {Critical Drinker After Hours | 01 December 2023}

This is a bit outside what we normally cover, but it was too funny not to talk about. During a recent interview, Elon Musk made his thoughts clear about advertisers, specifically Disney, threatening to pull their support for Twitter if it doesn't bend to their will. Turns out, threatening the world's richest man isn't a great move.

"Turns out, threatening the world's richest man isn't a great move."

THREAD: Elon Musk offers to support lawsuits against Disney
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-07-2024 at 04:59 AM.