Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 301 to 307 of 307

Thread: Judge Rules Trump Committed Fraud, Stripping Control of Key Properties

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The county can't terminate the easement because it doesn't own it. The easement was granted to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Even assuming that the Trust could release the easement without a court order and without jeopardizing its tax-exempt status, it could demand such an exorbitant amount for the release such that no buyer would be willing to pay.
    The truth is that if those is power are friends of the owner of a property, things not thought possible are made possible.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    The truth is that if those is power are friends of the owner of a property, things not thought possible are made possible.
    Exactly. Some people are so naive these days.

  4. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The county can't terminate the easement because it doesn't own it. The easement was granted to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Even assuming that the Trust could release the easement without a court order and without jeopardizing its tax-exempt status, it could demand such an exorbitant amount for the release such that no buyer would be willing to pay.
    Yeah that isn't how it really works in Florida. In a situation like this a developer just bribes the right county official and poof no more easment. This happens every day.

  5. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah that isn't how it really works in Florida. In a situation like this a developer just bribes the right county official and poof no more easement. This happens every day.
    That might be true if the county owned the easement, but not even in Florida (where by statute conservation easements are perpetual) can government deprive a private party of its easement (which by law is an interest in land) just by going poof. You don't seem to understand that the county doesn't own the easement, and it can no more deprive the Trust of its easement than it could take your house and give it to your neighbor.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous



  6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  7. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    That might be true if the county owned the easement, but not even in Florida (where by statute conservation easements are perpetual) can government deprive a private party of its easement (which by law is an interest in land) just by going poof. You don't seem to understand that the county doesn't own the easement, and it can no more deprive the Trust of its easement than it could take your house and give it to your neighbor.
    No, I meant if somebody wants to develop a property that has an easement, they purchase the property then grease the right wheels and the conservation easment goes away. Believe me, this happens all the time in Florida.

  8. #306

  9. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    No, I meant if somebody wants to develop a property that has an easement, they purchase the property then grease the right wheels and the conservation easment goes away. Believe me, this happens all the time in Florida.
    No one in his right mind will buy a property subject to a conservation easement without first making a deal with the easement's owner to get the easement released. Or are you suggesting that someone would pay $200+ million for Mar-a-Lago in the hopes that he could bribe the Trustees of the National Trust for Historic Preservation to release the easement for a nominal amount (which would result in the revocation of the Trust's tax-exempt status and big trouble for the Trustees)?

    It's interesting that two of the ex-officio Trustees are the Secretary of the Interior and the Attorney General. Good luck getting them to cave.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-03-2019, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2019, 06:10 PM
  3. NY court rules fraud charges against Trump University can proceed
    By CPUd in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 04:20 PM
  4. Federal judge finds CIA committed fraud, orders documents unsealed
    By disorderlyvision in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:01 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •